ITT: fuck you I liked it

ITT: fuck you I liked it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LnPB0-IKr30
youtube.com/watch?v=WkrpZEwlU4U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/REC1I480KTP95/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00M7URUUE#REC1I480KTP95
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like your style. I never read a review for Noah until after I saw it, so really nothing preventing me from liking it in the first place.

Thank you, Arnold. youre great

Liked it

Liked it

Haven't seen it

Had potential, personally they should have gone more The Last Of Us action orientated than a zombie infused drama

Me tooooooooo.

First half was boring cgfest. Everything from the boat on felt like it was actually made by the director and was pretty good.

6/10

>You brought your bitch to the waffle house?
>You don't talk about mountain girl that way!

youtube.com/watch?v=LnPB0-IKr30
youtube.com/watch?v=WkrpZEwlU4U

Tubal Cain was fucking based.

"The Creator does not care what happens in this world. Nobody has heard from Him since He marked Cain. We are alone. Orphaned children, cursed to struggle by the sweat of our brow to survive.
Damned if I don't do everything it takes to do just that. Damned if I don't take what I want."

Noah is fucking great. I never understood why it always gets so much shit. So far it's my second favorite Aronofsky film, after Pi.

i think the consensus on this actually agrees with me more often than not nowadays, though

Yeah fuck you

I agreed with you when it was in theaters

no, fuck you

this movie was awful. even Coppola admits it.

i also liked it back then, though i was quite a bit younger.

Can someone explain the rockmonsters

And the literal Wizard in the cave?

Does Bible really have these things because holy shit its the best thing ever if it does

>Can someone explain the rockmonsters
there's like five minutes dedicated to explaining what they are. they're called Watchers - angels who were cast out of Heaven and entombed in earth.

>And the literal Wizard in the cave?
it's Methuselah, Noah's grandfather.

Sofia pls go.

Excuses for big dumb cgi sets so that ma and pa could feel like they got their money's worth.

I love it. Watch it once a year at least. It has an amazing soundtrack and Seth Rogen actually seemed to try and do something different.

the ark set was real and to scale

it literally disgusts me that this film was, by and large, dismissed as a "vanity project" for Jolie and Pitt.

>its an "user thinks his opinion is so important it needs to be announced" episode

was talking about the rock monsters and the wizard

what was it about? Seemed like a sex drama from the trailer.

the rock monsters and the "wizard" weren't a set, though. and iirc, there's literally no CGI involved with anything Methuselah does, outside of the one scene with the flaming sword.

what i'm saying is, you're an idiot.

>emma watson's character wasn't in the original story
>they shoehorned some weird romance subplot in with her terrible accent
DROPPED

>weren't a set, though
>set, though
>,

you typed in the wrong url in your browser

If you didn't think the entire first half of the movie wasn't contrived to give the lowest common denominator (ie you) something to gawk at until the actual good part of the movie started then you're probably not the kind of person I'll be able to convince otherwise.

its pretty fucking good

it's about a couple who retreat to a small town in Italy in an attempt to repair their failing marriage and end up obsessing over the newly married couple in the room next door.

Wachowskis can spin a yarn. It doesn't matter how insane they are.

sounds kinda depressing.

The Wachowski whatever the fucks have never made a good movie.

>Is it in the Bible?
Yes and no. Arronofsky took some liberties but the gist is in scripture. The "Watchers" (the rock monsters) are referenced as the Nephilim in Genesis. In the Bible, they're called the offspring between angels (maybe demons?) and mankind. Elsewhere in the Bible, there's the fallen angels that joined Lucifer in his rebellion against God.

In the film, Arronofsky kind of combined these two groups into the interesting (and visually pretty awesome) rock monster Watchers. They were the ancient beings mentioned in Genesis, but also embodied the fallen angels of Lucifer. The only difference is that the fallen angels that follow Lucifer (IE, demons) are committed to the devil and will never ask for forgiveness from God. In the movie, they eventually do give their lives to protect God's prophet, Noah, and ask forgiveness to God.

The scene where the main rock giant is being destroyed by Enoch's armies, he looks to the sky and his last words are "Creator, forgive me" and he is 'freed' from his stony prison. It's quite a scene.

Also, the 'literal wizard' was Methuselah, who is mentioned in the Bible by name. Of course, in scripture he was simply "the oldest man to ever live." He made it to 900-some-odd years. He was the father of Lamech, who was the father of Noah (whose lineage can eventually be traced to King David... and eventually Jesus Christ).

Whether you believe in the spiritual aspects and faith of Christianity/Judaism or not, it's hard to ignore that there's a pretty cool narrative that flows throughout Judeo-Christian scriptures, filled with kickass shit like battles, bloodlines, supernatural beings, and eventually, a savior.

it's definitely bittersweet and melancholy, but it's not out-and-out depressing. absolutely worth watching.

(directors cut)

Kind of. A lot of it is made up, some of it is from The Book of Enoch, a non canon book of the bible.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch

all of it is made up anyways

*tips fedora*

It really doesn't deserve all the hate.

OH NO COMMENCE THE TIPPING

oh wow i offended the religious people. this must in man is inherently flawed and a story is a story

Good movie, bad aronofsky kino, I wanted another Fountain and left disappointed.

WELL edged, m'friend! Well edged!

Literal hivemind

Wrong. There's not a single ancient civilization that doesn't have a story about the flood.

that doesnt mean the bible is true if it got wet

I know it's not good, but damn you all, I thought it was fun

>the bible stole the flood story
What the fuck religicucks.

>a lot of ancient civilizations have flood stories
>this means the bible is true

early Christianity is nothing but the religion adopting/integrating/incorporating every story, practice, and idiom into it's narrative.

Love that film, the cloud Atlas sextet is wonderful

i actually liked it too, minus the rock creature angels. the only people that seemed to hate it were christians.

look up the review by rabbi gershom on amazon

amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/REC1I480KTP95/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00M7URUUE#REC1I480KTP95

even if you hate jews, like a lot of channers, his review sheds a lot of light on the jewish interpretation of the story of noah.

Whaaaat?? Who didn't like this movie? It was so dope?

Good content poorly edited.

Pretentious Coen Brothers "fans" that want all their movies to be super serious

there is literally nothing wrong with this film

i hated it save two minutes

I hate you, save nothing you fucking faggot

Wrong. Civilizations that lived in highly earthquake prone regions had stories about earthquakes that destroyed they world, not floods.

I liked it a lot too

The Matrix, The Epic Fail Guy movie.

I also hated this movie

Writing a serviceable screenplay does not make a good film

>there were no tsunamis in olden days