Millennials all over the world pretending to have seen and liked Ben Hur 1959 so they can complain about the remake...

Millennials all over the world pretending to have seen and liked Ben Hur 1959 so they can complain about the remake being "a disgrace".

Will there ever be a generation that isn't filled with so much bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DfSYtdQQVzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know user, it's pretty bad taste to remake a film people literally died working on

Is Leo still doing that Twilight Zone remake?

Well user, first off I'm a millennial and I've seen and love the 59 Ben Hur and I hate remakes and I think that Slav director fucking sucks

You're a millennial too, unless you're almost 40 years old or older. Sounds like you're filled with bullshit

Haha

But dude Rotten Tomatoes said it was bad!

Baby Boomers will always be worse. I'd rather be a lazy millennial than a incomprehensibly greedy and selfish boomer. Feels good man.

its also pretty bad taste to remake movies if you dont plan on making one better than the original

>Slav director
He's kazakh, i.e. mongoloid, not slav

It depends, if you were born in the 90's you're worse than a boomer.

I've never seen it and I wont pretend I have.

WTF is a guy named Ben doing on a chariot?

Who was the target market for this? I really don't understand why anyone thought spending 100 million on this was going to work out well for anyone involved

the "original" Ben-Hur (1959) is a remake of Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ (1925) which is the one were someone died.

Which genereration grew up with the best movies?

Forgot image

Baby boomers and Gen X

wtf i hate the 1959 version now

Those are the same generation.

I guess The Crow is the greatest film of all time then.

Millennials born in the 80s shouldn't even be out into the same category as those born in the 90s

At least this abortion could lead people to watch the 1959 you fucking autist

I was born in 1994 and I think the 1959 Ben-Hur is pretty good. Doing a 2 hour CGI filled action movie adaptation of Ben-Hur was a fucking retarded idea. I'll admit that most millennials who compare it to the 1959 version probably haven't seen the 1959 version but the studio deserves to be relentlessly mocked for this stupidity so I don't care if the millennials are full of shit.

>abortion
More of a stillbirth honestly

People born in 1990-1994 are acceptable

1995-1999 is not, that's the YOLO Cohort

Everyone tells me that I am a"old soul." I don't feel like an old soul. I feel like an expired soul. My entire life i have never taken joy in anything because it feels like I've seen it before. I spend every single minute that I can watching movies, reading books, playing games, etc. All because everything in real life is so mundane. I should have been shelved a few lifetimes ago but somehow always end up back in circulation.

They replay that movie on TV all the time, you didn't have to be alive back then to watch it. We have movie recorders, grampa.

The latest generation since they have access to all movies preceding their generation and can still enjoy new releases.

flip around the set of attributes you underageb&

I'm a millennial and I have actually seen Ben Hur 1959 numerous time and love it.

I feel this way too, your aren't an old soul you're just a joyless cunt.

I actually enjoyed this action flick. The original Ben Hur is only considered good nowadays because people then considered it good and the sentiment won't ever die.

Nearlye very positive aspect about the film is preluded with "but for that day and age...". The acting is wooden, the cast poorly chosen for the people being portrayed (Ya, Mr Heston a Jew, uhuh, I guess we can cast Otto Spiegelei for Hitler too), historical inaccuracies all over the place. It doesn't follow the book and on top of all that it itself is a remake.

People jsut keep wanking off to it because
"Muh thousands of extras never done before in 1959!"
"Muh chariot race with real horses done in 1959!"
"Muh massive sets for 1959!"

The movie can't stand on its own, it has aged like milk. It isn't even thoughtprovoking. It was an action flick back then too, with massive sets. Now it is an action flick with CGI. Or in other words, the new CGI version actually has action. The chariot race in the 1959 version is a snorefest ("but it was done in muh 1959!").

>t. Millennial

people born 92 forward believe in this lbqtibhjkh shit. they are the worst group ever born in humanity's history

Criticize the new 2016 Ben Hur without...
...merely pointing out differences with the original.

...making criticisms that could also be made about the 1959 version.

Hardmode: No use, intentional or otherwise, of fallacies.

wait some people didn't have to watch ben hur in high school?

>t. Born 30 december 1994

>4 years old
>self reliant

Why would you watch a movie that is nothing but fiction in an educational institution?

All generations have been filled with bullshit, you're just more aware of this generations bullshit

I haven't seen the new one yet but I really want to after watching this behind the scenes footage.
youtube.com/watch?v=DfSYtdQQVzU

Turns out it wasn't all blue screen/CGI has some have said it would be.

Ben Hur is mostly remembered because everything from the sets to the chariot race was made in a time where cg didn't even exist, so everything you're watching is "real" in a way; it is one of the most important achievements of hollywood.
But all of that is lost when you make a remake that mostly relies on cgi, just look at the trailer, it feels more like a straight from dvd movie and for Ben Hur that's unforgivable.

wtf I hate chariots of fire now!

Just wait until they remake Casablanca and Gone with the Wind, people will claim how the remakes are a travesty despite never watching the originals in the first place