How does this fat faggot still have a job?

How does this fat faggot still have a job?

He probably brings ribs to meetings with the GM and owner

He's an overrated bum of a coach

Couldn't get it done with the eagles

can't get it done with the chiefs

>implying g he wouldn't have eaten them before they could get any

he doesnt make waves and plays an extremely conservative system

lol dude has no sense of time management

That's not a picture of Alex Smith

yo we lost two starting DL and our ILB God DJ, and had to go against the best rb in the league. relax.

He's an Offensive Coach who usually has a better defense than offense which doesn't make sense

He could care less about wide receivers

remind me how good have the eagles have been since they fired Reid?

>Chiefs receivers have six drops
>The narrative will shift to the loss being Reid and Alex Smith's fault because it's easy

this. Pretty well managed game, Andy Reid doesn't get to throw the football.

>i just spout things ive heard that have no relevance to tonight's game

hold on, let me take a timeout to think of a response

This. Drops killed their offense.

Does it matter

He left them without a ring

He'll leave Kansas Shitty without a ring

no one cares about winning unless an owl comes with it

He sucks, but so do 25 other NFL coaches.

>have one timeout at the end of the game
>not relevant

andy's last year with the eagles they went 4-12
he didn't exactly leave them with a great team
chip got them to the playoffs one year and double digit wins in another, so not as bad as it seems. they only really had one terrible flameout (last year) and they still only went 7-9

Talk to a Browns fan

Alex Smith didn't drop the ball. Unless he could throw the ball to himself

alex smith killed their offense like he does every game because he can't throw a ball farther than 5 yards

>big game andy
hahahahahahahaha

HAZHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

GET FUKT QUEEFS

Hope you all overdose on meth and heroine tonight you white trash junkies

uhhh more like He sucks but so do 25 other quarterbacks.

no timeouts during the last 2 minutes where the stillers just sat there

>muh drops
>couldnt outscore a team that literally did not throw a TD all game

why is it so hard for you to accept your teams shit playcalling and conservative bullshit doesnt work in the postseason?

If it was a 7 game series im sure you guys would do great, but it isnt

>brown converts a third down giving them a new set of downs
Did you stop watching the game after the failed 2pt conversion?

>could care less

why were there no timeouts left at that point

Why the FUCK did he not try an onside kick? Like wtf, you put the fate of the game into the hands of the Steelers offense who had 1 punt the entire night.

Supreme clock awareness

>ahh why didn't they have more points?!?

>down in a "long" one-score game (8 points)
>10 minutes on clock
>use 7:30 on a TD drive, blow a timeout with the clock stopped

Yep, Andy didn't fuck up the clock this time!

Wondering that myself right now as a KC native. God fucking damn it, that was the most pathetic 60 minutes of football I have ever seen. Losing to a team who only kicks fucking field goals all game. Just Fuck My Team Up F'am

didn't watch finish watching the game but leet me guess?

clock management right

It could work if they were able to rush the ball. They had 61 yards as a team. Bell pretty much tripled that. Just shit all around offensively tbqh

>lose to a team who didnt score a touchdown

reid can coach his teams to almost-elite status but it always falls apart in the playoffs

>Eagles under Reid: perennial playoff contenders
>Eagles after firing Reid: dogshit
>Chiefs before hiring Reid: dogshit
>Chiefs under Reid: perennial playoff contenders
>mfw teams actually listen to retarded fans

And that's the extent Reid will get you. You will never win a close playoff game with him. He's coached now 23 playoff games and is 11-12. So yeah, you'll win double digit games and a playoff game here or there, but never, ever a Super Bowl.

Reid had nothing to do with the shitty o-line and defenses inability to stop Bell

stupid fucking idiot there was like 2 minutes left and all the time outs were used up what the fuck kinda time management strategy is that

>when fans actually put stock in the outcome of a single-elimination tournament
>when fans criticize a coach who has a near .500 record in a tournament where literally only the best 12 teams play

It's okay user, statistics aren't for everyone.

CAN WE FUCKING STOP WITH GIVING HIM CREDIT FOR "PERENNIAL PLAYOFF CONTENDERS"
YOU JERKOFFS LAUGHED AT THE EAGLES EVERY YEAR FOR CHOKING IN THE PLAYOFFS
>yeah choking eagles! who cares how much you win if you never win the super bowl! losers!
but now, revisionist history, reid is remembered well and the eagles are remembered as ungrateful
well, which is it? is it ok to always lose in the playoffs, or not?

stupid fucking idiot there was like 2 and a half minutes left and all of the chiefs time outs were used up what the fuck kinda time management strategy is that

I just love how fans think it's so easy to find a better replacement after firing their top 5 coach. After all, the talent should be easy to acquire after showing them how much your organization values job security.

The Chiefs are nowhere near as talented as Pittsburgh. It is to Andy's credit that his play calling kept them in the game. Pittsburgh has real dummies at head coach and quarterback.

all things considered he's not bad, his clock management is just so retarded though. Clock management is the one thing that the average fan can actually grasp, so it's so inexplicable when coaches don't get it.

>Taking banter seriously

Anyone with a brain realizes the NFL playoffs are mostly a crapshoot. If you have a 75% chance to win each of three playoff games, you're still more likely to fall short than to win the Super Bowl.

yes but the single elimination tournament is ALL that matters in this sport
i know you don't know or care or even want to care, but winning this single elimination tourney is the whole fucking point, and this coach has been in this situation time and time again and consistently fails
shouldn't he eventually be held accountable?

see

correct posts

so fire him like the Eagles did and watch the team go to shit

Reid's clock management baffles me at times, but I at least respect that he's not afraid to burn them. I think coaches are way too conservative with timeouts. You're not given bonus points for ending the half with timeouts to spare. If you don't use them, you lose them. It's better to use timeouts to bait defenses offsides or ensure the offense is on the same page because +10 yards is worth more than a timeout 90% of the time.

You gotta be big fucking retard if that is what you're getting out of this. Fans wonder how he's lasted this long and still committing the same time management mistakes in the same situations. All these good regular seasons and occasional playoff win doesn't mean anything in the end without a ring.

no
you're wrong
andy reid is a GOAT tier coach when the games mean nothing, and blows it when the game matters. he always has and always will.
he is not a top coach. look up playoff records for belichick, walsh, jimmy johnson. hell, look up john harbaugh or tom flores.
for current reference, tomlin, payton, mccarthy, carroll, they all blow him away in playoff win %.
he's a bad playoff coach, and winning in the playoffs is the fucking point of this whole endeavor. who cares if he has a great regular season and loses in round 2? do you get a consolation medal?

I don't... did you understand my post? The tournament is a single-elimination crapshoot. Everything in the playoffs is too subject to random variation to be meaningful.

>They lost to a team that only kicked field goals

kek, this comment is the epitome of fan analysis.

>legitimately thinking playoff choking exists and isn't just a media scam to create a narrative out of meaningless noise in the data.

ok mr statistics, then why are there so many coaches with records so far above the norm?
is it because perhaps these aren't random numbers fed into a machine, and that it actually comes down to matchups, nerve, skill, and preparation?
pray tell, if it's such a random crapshoot, why bill belichick is 24-10, vince lombardi is 9-1, bill walsh is 10-4, and chuck knoll is 16-8?
is it perhaps they are better coaches or had better teams built, and it's not all random chance?

If that's the case shouldn't Reid have caught a "lucky" break by now? No matter how you slice it Reid is good but not good enough to go all the way.

Ok, I understand. You're analytic guys who don't believe in clutch and late. You think this is all random chance and it's bad luck that poor Andy hasn't won one yet, and just great luck for Bill Belichick that he keeps winning.
Carry on then, I can't convince you.

We lost the game because our offense played like shit. Plain and simple. Our defense was holding them to field goals we just couldn't put up points. Alex Smith is just an average quarterback who can't throw.

Considering what we were working with we had a pretty great season.

so should he be fired or should he not be fired?
>doesn't mean anything
i'd rather have a competitive team than a shit team

if you think this way then who would you hire as coach if you were chiefs gm?

>lombardi, walsh, knoll
Before modern free agent era, not relevant

>belichick
because he's the GOAT coach and has a Giselle basically gives him an extra $10 million in cap space

The Chiefs burned their LAST timeout within 20 seconds of the 2 minute warning. They threw it the fuck away.

i didn't say it was chance, i just said he's better than the alternative

>thinking "chance" equates to gambler's fallacy

oh user...

Let's look at the last two decades. Would you rather be an Eagles or Bengals fan who won a lot of regular season games but have no rings,
OR
would you rather be a Bucs or a Panthers fan who lost a ton of games but won a Super Bowl?
That's what I mean by "doesn't mean anything."
Bucs fans have a statue outside of their stadium, a ring and a Lombardi, and Andy Reid has a million regular season wins.
I know which I'd rather have.

>willfully being an idiot

What is sample size?
Why didn't Marino get a ring?

More times he's in the playoffs he'll get one.
>it's his fault fischer is a retard

I agree that he has issues, I. E. Clock management, but you're an idiot if you don't think that he's a top 5 coach in the league.

Also for reference, during this time span he's never had a truly elite quarterback, yet continues to make playoff teams. How many more coaches have had this level of success with no true franchise quarterback?

Are you mad at reid for using his timeout before the 2 minute warning?

It objectively saves more time on the game clock than waiting until after the warning.

Panthers have never won a super bowl

He's a nice, well liked guy. The problem with Andy Reid is that he's loyal to a fault. He see's a guy like Alex Smith, who has been to rock bottom and kicked around, and wants him to overcome and succeed because it reminds him of his son who was a heroin junkie that died from an overdose. He's drawn to the storyline of the loser overcoming adversity and becoming the winner. I'm sure a part of himself has a sense of guilt and responsibility for being an absentee dad while his son was turning into a junkie and that same guilt is why he can't bring himself to throw Smith aside. Elite NFL coaches are cutthroat and borderline sociopathic. You think Belichick would feel any emotion towards keeping Smith around? Fuck no. Harbaugh didn't. All they see is an elite defense getting older by the day and the lack of offensive production that is hindering the team from achieving greatness. That's what separates the great NFL coaches from the rest. It was amazing that the Chiefs defense was able to hold the Steelers to just 6 field goals tonight despite constantly having to go back onto the field. Even with all the Chiefs mistakes tonight, a good quarterback gets them to New England next week.

Because he's a good coach and you wouldn't know how to run a high school football practice if your life depended on it.

Welcome to Sup Forums. Where half the posts are from people who didnt watch the game.

Prime example of a post by someone who didn't watch the game.

Andy Reid put his team in a position to win a football game in the final 3 minutes that they were mostly out of for the first 56. People keep saying "Clock management" but provide no examples. He burned a timeout to get a touchdown, without it this game would've been a blowout. He burned one to stop the clock on 3rd down. He's never had a peyton manning, never had a tom brady, hell he's never had a Joe Flacco. But he keeps winning football games in a league where the same three or four teams make it to the super bowl every year, because he's a good coach. I sure wish the eagles had kept him.

Andy Reid is the worst coach in the nfl at clock management.. Chiefs and Eagles fans will both tell you this is true.

IF he hadn't used up one of his timeouts before the 2 point play or waited to use the last timeout before the 2 minute warning the steelers would've needed one more first down to win the game.

This has been discussed to death.

McNabb was good enough, but he choked in all of those games. As GM he should have taken action of his anxiety.

Reid had Owens and an elite defense, no excuse.

andy reid is the tony pulis of nfl

>i'll just keep spouting memes even though multiple people have pointed out im a retard that didnt watch the game and maybe they'll start to respect me

The game tonight had nothing to do andy rieds clock management. Maybe blame the recievers for dropping half the passes

Even if the chiefs had 2 timeouts instead of 1 steelers got the first down and would have knelt out the clock. That timeout meant nothing in the end

>Why didn't Marino get a ring?
Because a QB doesn't have as much influence over a team's success as the management does. And the head coach is a huge part of that management

>More times he's in the playoffs he'll get one.
You could say the same about anyone, give a monkey infinite time and a typewriter and he'll eventually give you Hamlet.

>How many more coaches have had this level of success with no true franchise quarterback?
Plenty of teams have won one or multiple Super Bowls with QBs worse than Alex Smith. I'm not really even saying that the Chiefs should fire Reid or anything. It's just people saying he just needs to get "lucky" rubs me the wrong way. Eventually people should face the facts and realize he might not have the skill instead of acting like he's some victim of circumstance.

Reminder Chump Kelly went 10-6 and made the playoffs with basicly the same team Reid went 4-12 with.

People here forget hoe bad the Eagles were in the last 2 years with Reid.

Remember when he fired Sean McDermont made the offensive line coach the defensive coordinator for literally no reason?

Remember the dream team?

>zero superb owls
case closed. youre an idiot

Regular season babby

Except it did. The Chiefs had ZERO sense of urgency on their last drive. They started it with over 9:49 on the clock, and took 7:06 and 15 plays to move down the field and score, burning their second TO along the way (they'd already wasted their first back the 3rd quarter). That's an average of 28.4 sec per play, despite 6 of the 14 non-scoring plays ending with a stoppage (incomplete passes, penalties, injuries, etc.) And for all that, they left themselves 2 points short because they failed the conversion. And then, despite that, with under 3 minutes on the clock and only one TO and the two-minute warning left, Reid opts not to onside kick.

That is a prefect example of HORRIBLE time management, and it cost them any chance at winning the game.

When you know you need a TD and a 2PC, you can't lollygag your way down the field, waste plays, and burn TOs. You need to treat it like a two-possession game, even though you have an outside shot at making it one-possession.

Reid's typical (and it is typical of him: I've seen it many times over the years, including in the SB against my Pats) mismanagement of the clock isn't the only reason the lost by any means, but it's one reason.

That was the dumbest fucking move in history. He had Bowles right there but picked his OL coach.

I liked Andy, but after nearly a decade's worth of playoff appearances with no SB, his inadequacies became apparent

Because everyone deserves an eleventh chance

They were readily apparent for anyone with eyes to see after his lone SB appearance, but people keep making excuses for him.

andy reid is the coaching purgatory. you know he is good enough in the regular season to make it to the playoffs even getting a first round bye. but you know he is shit enough to never win you anything

>good at getting into the playoffs
>gets exposed in said playoffs because of his short comings
Guys like him will always get a job, the excuse being that its better to at least get a shot at the playoffs, when the only alternative is to suck shit and never do anything for 20 years like the jags

It's not completely unsound reasoning, but if you want to win a chip you have to be willing to take risks, and being a team with alex smith at QB is like the polar opposite of risk taking

>monkey typewriters

You do realise that's my point? He'll probably eventually win, but he'll definitely go to the playoffs again. Half the coaches can't even make playoffs once, let alone consecutively

good enough to take you to the dance but he has two left feet

>Canada

Anyways,
Didn't they almost tie the game, were it not for the holding call? People are blaming Andy Reid for that? I thought it was a pretty close call, anyone who is saying fire him right now maybe is just doing it to have fun, he's chief coach next year 100%. But it sounds kinda fun,

Fire Andy Reid! He sucks !

His success was a product of JJ and Joe Banner. With Jim Johnson Reid's winning percentage was something like .658 and without him it was barely .500. Once Reid started making personnel decisions (Drafting Brandon Graham over Earl Thomas, signing Nmandi Asomugha, Ronnie Brown etc) it was the end for him. Although knowing how terrible Chip Kelly was I would've gladly kept Andy Reid.

In other words, the current generation's Dan Reeves.

Yep. Hell, look at how long Jeff Fisher and Norv Turner held on for. And Marvin Lewis somehow still has a job.