Everytime I see/hear anything related to my ex's current life (nothing from the past...

Everytime I see/hear anything related to my ex's current life (nothing from the past, just anything past when I stopped talking to her), I get this pain in my chest and panic attack-like symptoms.
Anyone else feel this? Will this shit ever stop?

How long ago did you guys separate?

we broke up nearly 2 years ago now, I stopped talking to her about a year ago
it doesn't help much that she cheated and then dated the cheater after the breakup
they broke up less than a year later and broke her heart, which I helped her through before cutting her off from my life

Damn, that's a lot worse than what happened to me. My ex left me 2 years ago, and told me that she was moving halfway across the country a day before she left. she hooked up with the guy she moved in with and had a kid. For waht seemed like that whole year everytime I thought about her her I would get that exact same feeling you're describing. Out of curiosity, what's your diet like?

I eat breakfast every few days, basic shit like cereal. I eat random shit for lunch and dinner depending on what I want (fast food, pizza, burritos, home-cooked shit, etc.) and at dinner usually I have salad with whatever I'm eating. I randomly eat snacks of fruit or chips throughout the day, and I drink way too much arizona green tea. I'm practically addicted to the stuff.

Nice dubs.
Hmm, seems like a semi-healthy diet, so I think we can rule out high cholesterol. Have you checked with a doctor about it yet?

No, only because I've felt this before. After my initial breakup, things started out okay, but she quickly got over it, and practically left me behind, depressed and lonely. Every time I would (try to) talk to her or think about her, I'd feel that pain.
And of course, after she had told me about the cheater and them deciding to have a relationship it only got worse.
After about 6-7 months it finally stopped, and I was able to feel happy on my own again.

Well, I only got over my slump about a year into dating my current girlfriend. Are you dating anyone at the moment?

honestly, maybe not. There is one girl in particular that I dated in college, and even 8 years later - I was at my friends funeral. The guy dave I was staying with.. turns out he had been dating her, and they were like thinking about getting married. It hit me so hard, I told my good friend, at my other friends funeral, that his fiance was a piece of shit
>she fucking cheated on me, she will cheat on you too!

It his me like a fucking brick just hearing her name again.

I'm curious - don't mean to be weird, but what is your relationship with your parents like? got any obvious abandonment issues? My mom left when I was 7 or 8, and I'd only see her about 1x a year.

Yes. And no. The only cure is to find someone better than her in the way that made you love her most. Good luck. I hope it wasn't the pussy. You can't match good pussy easily...

Nope, but I got close to someone and we almost ended up dating. It did make me really happy, and she's one of the reasons I got out of the slump in the first place.
Needless to say I wish it was something, because having an SO like her probably would have just taken all the pain away.

holy shit that episode is so fucking funny
poor yamcha

>which I helped her through before cutting her off from my life
Shouldn't of done that. There's literally no value to it. What'd you expect, that she'd fall back into your arms? That's you'd be willing to take her back after all she did to you?

Go out with your friends, casually date and fuck bitches and remember what it was like to be a free man with nothing to tie him down

I feel this too op. Especially in the morning. Try xanax, it works for me. Im never going to stop until the pain stops.

My ex just decided one day (for literally no reason at all, almost her exact words) that she hated me and left. It used to hurt, and I still care about her and with the best for her, but I eventually stopped trying to talk to her and now I barely think about it ever.

The whole series has been pleasant. It's surprising it didn't bomb. It isn't easy to revive anything that old and still make it worth watching.

Around age 10, parents started fighting and then separated after my dad found out she would hit me when she got angry.
Mom acts bipolar, finding any reason to be mad at me, and then 5 minutes later talking nice and calm as if it never happened.
I love my dad to death, he's more than I could ask for, and whenever I disappoint him (even if he doesn't harp on me for it) I feel like an ungrateful cunt.
When he yells at me though, I practically go mute and can't look at him for hours because any word out of my mouth would probably make me break into tears.

Then I suppose that's all you need. Love, the thing that keeps us all going. How do you usually meet women?

Nah, the sex was an afterthought, but was good while it lasted. She was the only one who ever cared as much about me as I did them.
'Course, that changed, and soon after cheat -> breakup.

I wish I had a dad like that.

I just make female friends, and sometimes I get close with those friends.
She was my first and only gf so far, nearly 5 years together.
Might be why it's hard to let go of the feeling.

100% agree and Im super pumped that they are finally gonna get to that tournament theyve been hyping for what feels like the last 3 months.
Classic DBZ though

I've been against using any meds to stop depressive symptoms.
Alcohol however... I don't drink myself into a coma, but when I feel this way, having a drink and doing shit with some friends is great.

I met my girlfriend online.

ok so.. our backgrounds are similar enough I'm going to share something with you. might help, might not.

my last big breakup, about 2 months later, I'm sitting in a restaurant eating dinner and my ex (red head) walks up to the bar with a girlfriend and I see them flirting with some guys.

I get this hit of pain in my stomach, I can't really describe it, but I basically excuse myself, and start driving home, like tears down my face.

IT hurts so bad, and I can't understand why. I mean - we didn't date that long. She wasn't anything really special, but it feels like I'm dying inside.

I don't know how to explain this, but for the first time, I was able to connect to where the pain was really coming from. Different pain has different flavor.. or something I Don't know. But the pain of your dog dying, is different from the pain of losing the football game, is different from not getting into the college you wanted.

they all feel different. I realized that the pain I felt was EXACTLY the same pain as a previous memory. I was in my room, I wasn't allowed to talk about my mom, but I had a music box she had given me. I was on my bed listening to it under the ocvers, and I just felt so... alone. and that was the exact same flavor of pain I was feeling now.

For the first time I was able to connect my loss of a girlfriend, with that feeling of loss as a child.

And when my brain recognized that, it was like something really different happened. It still hurt, but it hurt in the right place. It was right to miss my mom, and feel all alone - I fucking was.

cont..

And once I connected the pain to the right place... the ex just didn't matter so much anymore.

it didn't fix everything. I still miss the girl, and wonder how she is doing and shit. But that soul crushing, blinding obsessive pain... that isn't there anymore. And by recognizing the source, I could start working on it for real. Taking another look at how I survived my parents divorce, and a decade of living with my dad and our over-achiever family.

Through a dating site, or something else?
Lately I've been thinking of trying Tinder for shits and giggles since I've never tried any dating service, since I know a couple friends who've had fairly good success on it.

anyway, I'm out, hope my story helps a bit. It does get better btw. just takes time.

The dating site OKCupid. Not actually a bad one I must say. It's free too. Well, It's free account is a lot more helpful thatn other sites free accounts I've come to find. Where other sites seem to be a shitty business ply OKC seems to work more like an F2P MMO

no shit i met my wife there. married 4 years now. meeting peeps in your 30s is a bitch.

There wasn't "no reason", you are in denial.
I feel for you man i lived with my gf over five years and she dumped me through a text after we fucked every night that week, even the night before. She acted super into me but was living a double life the past few months before. I dont think she was sleeping around because of how arroused she was, but who knows. Fortunately right after I inherited major funds and now i can have three ways with much hotter women. I am also investing in real estate and things which i will use to devastate trailer trash like her. Women are hysterical dogs and should be second class citizens to the t.

Xanax isnt an antidepressant, nub. Its a myrical anxiety drug which is safer than over the counter medication. Ya i drank for awhile first too, drinking is much more unhealthy.

I think I understand what you're trying to say.
I don't fully understand where my pain is coming from, but I have thought about several causes, the two most likely being
>What if she has a better life without me?
>What if me leaving has only made things worse?
And I keep telling myself that isn't any of my concern, and that she can take care of herself.
But of course, my mind gives me plenty of thoughts otherwise.

Wow she flirted in front of you? My ex would have known that would have made me put the stranger in a coma with a fractured skull. I am passionate in all ways.

OP here, thanks for all the replies and help, really appreciated.
I'm gonna check out for now since it's 4AM, best of luck to anyone who shares my pain that it'll get better someday.