What should be done about the opioid epidemic Sup Forums? This isn't an inner city nigger problem anymore...

What should be done about the opioid epidemic Sup Forums? This isn't an inner city nigger problem anymore. The average opioid overdose profile is a Non Hispanic White Male in their mid 30's who started with a prescription for back pain or pain from degenerative arthritis. People get hooked on their pain pills and then move up to heroin or fentanyl and die of OD's. They start out having legitimate need for painkillers before they get addicted.

Donald Trump thinks the wall is going to solve the problem, completely forgetting that most the addicts get addicted through legit, American made pharmaceuticals

Other urls found in this thread:

donaldjtrump.com/issues/
youtu.be/OfWidZH0xBs
usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/05/19/russian-cancer-patients/27571013/
youtube.com/watch?v=DgyuBWN9D4w
ted.com/talks/ethan_nadelmann_why_we_need_to_end_the_war_on_drugs?language=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We need something to take the edge off user, don't take this from us.

I don't know

white people are being oppressed by minorities funded by SJWs and overdosing on opioids is a desperate cry for help

lanklets btfo

Let them kill themselves.

Opoate addicts aren't supposed to deal with the consequences of their actions if they're white? That sounds like cucked SJW cuck shit

Less than 20% start with prescription pain pills.

Build wall.

It's too late, and it's been too late since the 1960s. Doctors and Pharmacists hand this shit out like candy, ever since "being in pain" was a valid excuse.

I don't like to use TV shows as analogs, but Scrubs had a great episode on this. These aren't victims like so many people pretend they are. They genuinely turn into junkies. Losing the Drug War was a mistake.

>Less than 20% start with prescription pain pills.
I'd like to see a source for that, druggie.

If they know they're addicted, they should seek help. Doctors shouldn't hand that shit out like candy. As for the rest, just dump a fuckton of it on the streets and let them all overdose. Good riddance.

There is PLENTY of help for an opiate addict. There is programs for them to ween off, there is programs for them to go cold turkey, there is support groups and meetings they can attend, there is FREE rehabs with bed and meals. There is forgiveness for drug offenders that get clean. The amount of help that is available is mind blowing and really not known about by normies. If someone raises their hand and says they have a problem, there are literally scores of people wanting to help them however they can.

There is a lot of support that people turn their back on so they can keep using...I don't have much sympathy.

What should be done about it? I don't know if anything further can be done, treatment options are a plenty. Tightening up legal opiate regulations will have little effect on the avg user.

>There is programs for them to ween off
>There is forgiveness for drug offenders that get clean
This is literally the problem. They don't want help, and they are very rarely forced to get it.

Fuarkk wish I had that bottle

Doctors shouldn't hand it out like candy, too often they give out too much at once and without followup consultation to see how their pain management is going, and a big culprit is postop prescriptions. For dental work they give like 2 weeks of vicodin when they should be giving 2 days, with an option to come for a followup visit and get a refill if they're really still in pain from it.

When I had knee surgery they gave me 2 weeks of Norco, I only needed it for like 2-3 days then Ibuprofen was enough.

I mean that's one source of the problem that could be tackled by doctors, but when it comes to long term pain management, sometimes it seems like it's either these people get opioids or they suffer so much they just want to die anyway.

The problem is two pronged:

Whites are the ones getting these scripts

Whites are too coddled to deal with pain

BAN PAIN

promotion of healthy active lifestyle.
being fit through life will stop 90% of back pains before they happen. also doing drugs interferes with your fitness regime, which is a deterrent from delving into a degenreate drug lifestyle.

I personally know i used to drink almost every night, and snort some of those pill at parties once in a while.. but since I took the iron pill a few years ago, i dont want anything to do with that shit. . I no longer drink because that means i wont be able to perform at the gym tomorrow.

people need to learn to respect themselves, and get in shape.

>take the iron pill

/thread

>Trips don't lie

>Donald Trump thinks having functioning borders will have an effect on the out of control pharmaceutical industry
>as he said that one time
>citation needed

Someone is busted for non-prescribed opiates or amphetamines.

1 chance to clean up.

Than

Second offense;Shoot on site

You're not gonna get one. Welcome to Nu/pol/.

Who cares, you pretty much have to try to od. if you do it on accident your dumb. especially dealing with medication.
t. Used to be complete degenerate

let all the degenerates die from drug overdoses because they're retarded assholes who don't listen when people tell them not to do drugs.

I know people who will beg, rob and steal for their daily dose and there's nothing that deters them from it.

Look, if they were in so much pain that they needed potentially deadly medicine to alleviate it, then perhaps nature is telling them it's time to go.

And think of all the pain sufferers that live with their medication and do not die. Let's not put a cork on everyone's fork just because some stick themselves in the eye with the tines.

make them narcan/laxative pills
therefore they become super sober and then they shit themselves as a reminder for being a drug using degenerate

No one cares about real problems, OP. Just clinch issues like "preserving muh white race"

Tons of kids in my area have died due to opiates in the past year.

This u fags

I love my percocet sometimes

I think there's an issue with the stigma of going to get help for a narcotics problem. They don't want to be seen as white trash or niggers who got hooked due to peer pressure or wanting to get high. These people legitimately needed pain relief, it's just that pain relief is addictive as fuck.

Then there's the other stigma.. if they come out to their doctor that they're addicted.. and they legitimately have a chronic pain problem.. their fear is that they'll lose their pain medication and just suffer.

Chronic pain is exhausting, physically, mentally, and spiritually. When you're in so much pain you can't even sleep you're physically worn out all the time, and that takes its toll on you mentally being able to function and cope as well, emotionally you're angry and snappy at everyone all the time, because you're in pain, and nights when your pain is so bad nothing helps it, you pray and pray and pray, and no relief comes. You lose faith.

What we need is alternative treatments for the pain itself.

here I'll help you out:

donaldjtrump.com/issues/
specifically: youtu.be/OfWidZH0xBs

You're not reading the post or the news. The new generation of junkies isn't created by choice and peer pressure, it's created by a medical problem that becomes an addiction.

He didn't mention prescription drugs once in that YT video.

There is alternitive treatments for the pain itself and if someone is in so much pain they can't live without opiates, let them have their opiates.

People have had to confront much worse stigmas than having a pill habit. Stigma is no excuse to let yourself run wild as a junkie.

Quitting heavy opiate habit isn't hard. the heaviest opiate habits can get back to work in 2 weeks. and feeling completely normal again in 4 months. It is uncomfortable im sure, but it isn't hard to do. It's a lot harder to keep taking the drugs. People are just fucking junkies man...fuck em.

>we don't really into those kinds of pills here
>benzos only, bad enough
>well some few young stupid people prolly test all sorts of weird shit
>rivotril is most common
>valiums too
>and xanax
But damn pic related, each fucking time I am in that city dat happens. An overdose or 2-3 and a reminder that Os*o is just a tiny shit town of just about 500k "people".
>Nah heroin is the problem her
>lost two relatives to that shit

exactly. He's not addressing the real problem. Donald Trump is stuck in a 1980's mentality, thinking all the heroin users are getting their drugs from mexico and are getting addicted through peer pressure in their teens. That's not the issue in New Hampshire. The issue is prescription opioids, they're the new gateway drug for Heroin.

hardly. It's created by people experimenting with drugs, finding out how mellow and helpful opiates can be and then becoming addicted to it. I have met a lot of opiate addicts, I haven't met one with a legit pain problem.

Good. Let the druggies suffer.

Everybody forgot about the concept of "tough love" over the past 20 years.

I dont see the problem. Its 100 times better that they get this from the doctor. It must help some People. I am in pain, but it did not help me in dealing With pain. I dont use them, but because some People abuse them and die should not stop People from having a comfortable day.

True

Pain/suffering/rock bottom is the ONLY thing that will get a junkie to quit. The pain of using needs to be greater than the pain of not using, and that's pretty tough when the pain of not using opiates is hell.

I didn't, but I'm not an addict.

I took opiods 2 - 3 times a week for about a 3 year period. Now it's only a few times a year (when I'm on holiday abroad).

I have 2 autoimmune diseases that cause degenerative arthritis. It feels like being hit in the joints with hammers while they're set on fire 24/7. Tough love doesn't help that.

I'm afraid of taking my pain medication because I know it's addictive. It feels like a real catch 22.

I was talking about addicts, not people with a legitimate need.

You must have a guilty conscience.

the problems isn't pills, it's dumbass faggots misusing them. this is like when someone drinks and drives and kills someone and you blame the alcohol instead of the driver

that's where the addicts are coming from these days. People with legitimate need. If you use your pain meds every single day around the clock, you're going to develop tolerance, hyperalgesia (reinforcing the need to take the drug and take more of it to counter the increased pain and tolerance) and addiction.

I'm afraid of it happening to me, so I don't like to use it, even though I'm miserable. I pretty much use it when the loaded gun in my nightstand starts looking like my best friend.

Everyone knows that big pharma needs some serious correction

There's a fairly cheap drug called memantine which seems to reduce tolerance to a fair amount of drugs -- opiods, stimulants, and some depressants. Taking it daily would prevent you from gaining a large tolerance to opiods. It's one thing to be a junky and need 300$ worth of black tar a day. It's another to only need 20$ worth. Also, no tolerance = no physical addiction.

Endogenous opiods will also be more effective.

This is why doctors and researchers are studying cannabis in a big way.

Or if you don't wanna use cannabis because of your sensitive predilections, you can always get an implant.

maybe. I mean, I'd be willing to try it. Nobody dies from Cannabis overdoses or gets dope sick trying to quit Cannabis.

I have to take these because of a shagged back.

What are the alternatives?

I could laze about in bed on benefits all day...

or I could take painkillers, work and contribute to society.

I'm fucked if I am going to be a dolite, I would rather take codeine and die early than be a degenerate tosspot.

I was referring moreso to cannabis oils and extracts (NOT Marino), but I don't have any studies or journals on hand to back up my claims to their efficacy.

They're readily available though; even Texas legalized cannabis oil recently for treatment of epilepsy and other medical uses.

"Being in Pain" is the only excuse. These are painkillers.

That literally doesn't happen

Also better treatment for back pain would help wouldn't it .

Have you ever herniated a disc?
Nerve pain can last a fucking long time.

well yeah, that's what I mean too, I don't want to smoke weed, but I'd be on board with CBD oils or whatever, but I need for the laws to change so I don't lose my job or go to jail over it.

Myy doctor ojce prescribed me 60 OXY and I didn't get addicted after taking it every day for over a month
People get addicted because they want to not because they have to
I hate hearing this shit
It takes an addict to get physically addicted
It takes an idiot to buy more than their doctor tells them

it takes months, not one month to get addicted lol

Well opioid overdose plummeted in the States that ended cannabis prohibition. Maybe you other shitty States should try it.

define the word junkie

Well duh it sucks being a white male in America
Especially if your job prospects are shit
People are addicted because life sucks right now

I'm sure you've heard about this statistics but whites in America have a GROWING deaths rate
Something that hasn't in a developed country since the fall of the Soviet Union

Opioid addicts. More specifically heroin addicts but when it comes down to it they all have the same mechanism of action. Just some are more potent than others, some are easier to get and cheaper than others, some are legal, some are illicit.

But they all act the same. They all have cross tolerance.

You can get fentanyl for China shipped to you, from the internet supposedly. A lot of good the wall will do about that. Fentanyl is 50x more potent than Heroin.

>Its not MY FAULT I pop oxys every day
>ITS SOCIETYS FAULT

CLASSIC Nu/pol/. The horseshoe theory is real.

Are you denying that society is fucked?
People are weak cucks raised in a sinking society
This isn't something you can just meme away
It's a pretty serious issue that no one seems to be paying attention to

I did 80mg oxycontins on and off for two years before waking up with withdrawals. This was ages ago, when those green pills were flooding the streets.

They fucked me. I have been clean longer than a decade, did 6 years in the military, started another awesome new career, and my brain is still fucked up.

Once you use or abuse a certain amount of opiates, the passages in your brain become just about permanently wrecked. I have to take 5-htp every single day to prevent crippling depression. I have everything I could ever want, great job, nice house, nice cars, free time to enjoy hobbies, and I still dream of slamming a giant shot of oxy into my arm.

Opiates are different. I am not an addictive person. I don't smoke or drink, never touched any other drugs aside from weed. Once you expose the brain to opiates for enough time, it fundamentally fucks you for life.

I literally am excited about getting old and getting cancer, so I will be able to abuse opiates one more time before I die. It's sick and twisted but that's what my fucked up brain is telling me. My own brain is a fucking traitor.

Okay but I just want you to acknowledge that this is the same logic liberals use to excuse nonwhite drug use.

>Its not Jamals fault he mainlines heroin into his dick
>Its society's fault! He does heroin to dull the pain of living in the ghetto!

Fuck "society". You're a weak cuck because you want to be a weak cuck.

the solution is to abort more niglets.

hip, hippie
junk, junkie

many of them are not where they are because they wanted it that way but because opiates showed them something they where deprieved from in their youth. for me 'junkie' has a bitter taste and cutting them out of society is just more proof for them that they are junk, puss, outsiders, not accepted or loved. the depression epidemic is certainly a reason why the opiates are diffusing in to the generall public.

It is society's fault
The ghetto is shit and black families are dead broken things

This doesn't mean Jamal is faultless just that there's a serious issue in society
Denying that is fucking retarded because then nothing will get fixed ever

usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/05/19/russian-cancer-patients/27571013/

has nothing to do with the problem.

We're talking about a largely white problem.

Actually, if it was just niggers, it wouldn't even be in the news, much less a headline. The only black men we gave a shit about dying due to a drug overdose is Prince (and that's what he died from, prescription opioid overdose), Michael Jackson, and Jimi Hendrix. That's pretty much it. Any other nigger who dies of drug overdoses doesn't even become a statistic we care about. We only care when it's white people in the suburbs dying of this shit, then we know it's a real problem.

Yeah that's the other side of the coin. Without pain meds, people in those chronic pain situations would rather just die. With the pain meds they can get addicted and die anyway.

what are you saying exactly?

>I took opiods 2 - 3 times a week for about a 3 year period. Now it's only a few times a year (when I'm on holiday abroad).

i aspire to this. every time i have opiods around (H,oxy) I take them till there aren't any left. i'd start in the morning and by the time they wear off, I'd start drinking to shake it off and call it a day. i'm super tolerant so I have to take a lot before I'm happy. i'm a well functioning white male, with a paid off apartment, >100K in the bank.

i guess what saves me is that i don't have a dealer, it takes me a week before i can get my hands on some, which is enough to get me come back to my senses.

Well we can't present blacks or the black community in a negative light in our media
That would be racist

>This isn't an inner city nigger problem anymore.

It never was. It's always been a white trash problem. Pain killers are literally the crack equivalent for white people.

have you tried marijuana?

in the 60's-80s heroin was an inner city minority problem, or a GI returning from Vietnam problem.

I think the trend changed beginning in the 1990's. Grunge was the symptom of the first wave of it shifting to a whiter demographic. It kind of coincided with wider prescription of opioids that started in the late 1980s. Since then Heroin has become a problem of white people, and it's only been getting worse.

A lot of opioid patients successfully switch to the reefers for pain management.

With the crazy cultivation that's going on they can breed marijuanas with hella analgesic properties plus the added effect of making you forget about the pain you previously suffered.

Not in many years, and until the law changes I really can't.

Fuck all these assholes for only caring about opiods when it's celebrities dying when there are thousands of regular people dying

Prince
Michael Jackson
Philip Symore Hoffman
Heath Ledger

youtube.com/watch?v=DgyuBWN9D4w

people who become addicted to opiates are weak-willed and do not have discipline. an opiate high is bar-none the best experience in my life and they provide an occasional chill evening buzz(that sounds depressing...). i don't become addicted to to them because i believe I have strong will and If I do not want to become addicted to something I simply do not allow myself to become addicted. it is that simple...

probably wouldnt work because opiates cause incontinence

Fuck you for posting that picture, now I'm craving

said every addict EVER. They all thought they could control it

you have little idea what it all is about and why.

>I literally am excited about getting old and getting cancer, so I will be able to abuse opiates one more time before I die. It's sick and twisted but that's what my fucked up brain is telling me. My own brain is a fucking traitor.

I know that feel I only used opiates once a week for about 5 years so I never really became physically addicted but holy fuck I miss it so much

you mean constipation.

Incontinence is shitting all over yourself uncontrollably.

Did you know that Immodium AD is an Opioid? It just doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, but it acts on opioid receptors in the intestine.

What episode?

I don't really get this mindset. I mean hydrocodone for me makes me feel giddy for about an hour or so, and then I just want to sleep for another 5 hours. It's really not worth it for the "high"

It's only nice for me because the pain I get gets worse when I lay down, making it impossible to get comfortable and sleep. Hydrocodone reduces the pain and makes me drowsy so I get restful sleep when otherwise I'd be up all night moaning.

But out of all the drugs I've tried, only meth (and just once there) is a more disappointing effect. But I haven't done any hard stuff like heroin but if it's just going to make me nod off, no thanks.

If I wanted to get high I'd eat shrooms or drop acid.

How do you "win" the drug war? Trying to target the supply side certainly hasn't accomplished anything. You have to work on the demand side.. but drugs create their own demand, in fact, I'd say drugs create more demand on their own just by existing than any other product, except maybe sex.

Yeah my best friends brother died on our birthday last year, it was the worst thing to happen in my life, and I can't imagine what he's going through.

education
after that fuck em.
the only people from my youth that ended up heroin addicts were retards anyway.
I developed a problem with oxy's after back surgery years ago, after i realized i hadnt shit in about 3 weeks, i stopped and just lived with the pain.
On the other hand, if someone generally wants help, it should be offered

Seriously, people have found ways to get high since the beginning of time. The large majority of users use responsibly. If you're some little fag who is still scared from what you learned in your 5th grade DARE class good for you, don't do drugs. But there's nothing wrong with responsible adults using substances. They can make one's life so much better and more efficient; especially drugs like benzos, painkillers, stimulants and disassociates.
This is a really good TED talk on the topic of the legalization and regulation of all substances, and how altering one's state of consciousness is a basic human need. Every civilizations has found a way to do so since the beginning of time.

ted.com/talks/ethan_nadelmann_why_we_need_to_end_the_war_on_drugs?language=en

how long have you been chipping? what are you taking? not everyone who tries heroin or other good opiates get addicted, but if you keep chipping you will eventually get physically addicted. it can take 6 months or 6 years, but it will most likely happen

I actually personally know a few sterotypical cases of opoid addiction.
>started on pills
>"damn theses are great but I'd never do H"
>pills too expensive so they started doing H
>"this is much better than pills but I'm only going to snort/smoke it, shooting it up is for addicts"
>tolerance went up even more
>they started shooting it
>haven't been in contact with them since

End the war on drugs and cease lying in your drug education.

ITT: white trash drug problems

Ew. If you have substance abuse issues with anything other than alcohol, you're human garbage.

If op drank bleach, that would be a good start.

I got addicted to opiates. kicked them a few months back

ask me anything