/got/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-maisie-williams-arya-jon-snow-emmys-1201836344/
youtube.com/watch?v=YVJa4Fl34l4
youtube.com/watch?v=kIgMxoYtY2E
youtube.com/watch?v=C7kW7cT1uGA
youtube.com/watch?v=1rikVftx00w
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1472223929455.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Been a while since I've seen a Stannis thread

Didn't the men following him ever once ask "hey Stannis, why are we giving our lives to liberate another person's castle"?

literally our girl

That last thread ended really weird.

This is my first post on tv ever :)

you wont be impressed by this shithole might as well just leave now

literally our ship.

Along with branaerys and robinxdeath

Source and does it get more explicit or is this it?

>our ship

From the Game of Thrones comic they released a couple years ago.

Haven't read the whole thing but it's supposed to be more faithful to the books so not really for those characters anyway, unless you wanna see Ned's butt

If sansa gets with jon, isn't that incest?
If jon gets with mother of burgers, isn't that incest too?

I think jon should just disappear and get with nobody.

Kool, thanks

why are you talking as if incest is bad?

How is it incest if Jon gets with Sansa. They're only related through Lysa and Ned being siblings.

>tfw

KING IN THE NORTH

1st Cousins is incest.

It is bad. It's a great fetish but anything beyond is retarded and asking for trouble.

>the king who cared

literally the only decent king in the series, and he gets fucked over by the weather

fucking hacks

>cousins is bad

Take your literally 20th and 21st century Western morality and leave.

Its bad if it happens multiple times in the family. Targs are already half mad because of all the incests

Thanks for the input reddit but no. Kill your inbred self dog

>he disagrees so he's reddit and inbred

And yet there really haven't been that many actual crazy Targaryens in comparison to the rest.

Jaehaerys II a shit when he said that coin flip thing

best girl coming through, if you do not support her in the upcoming wars then you belong to plebbit

He would've rid Westeros of brothels, he is no king of mine

Meant for

Reposting from last thread

Maisie Williams interview with Variety

variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-maisie-williams-arya-jon-snow-emmys-1201836344/

>What was the most challenging aspect of Season 6?

>The contact lenses, for sure – last season they were really exciting to use and I only had them for one scene and it was a cool thing to be doing on set. I wasn’t really too worried about this year, I didn’t really think it through, I guess, and then I got to set and realized I was gonna be doing all these stunt scenes and I was gonna be fighting Faye [Marsay] — well, actually not fighting, just getting beat to s–t by Faye — and realized there was going to be a lot more to do. We were also out in the sun in Girona and that made it really difficult, because although the contact lenses are opaque so everything is white, the light that comes through is really bright, so it was this strange squinting even though I couldn’t see a thing. Obviously they wanted to see the contact lenses, so there’s no point me wearing them and squinting. Various things made it a lot more challenging – I don’t know how the White Walkers and other people in films do it for so long. Four episodes was enough for me!

>How did you feel about Arya being the one to kill Walder Frey [David Bradley], since fans have been itching to see him die since the Red Wedding?

>I was so thrilled. [Laughs.] Honestly so thrilled. And that was all anyone really said to me – any of the crew. I feel like talking to the crew about the show, there’s so many of them that if you talk to a lot of different people about the show, and find out a lot of their opinions, you get a really good overall consensus as to what the world thinks of the show and what they enjoy and don’t enjoy. There’s so many people and they’re so varied and all from different departments and they’re all watching it for different reasons, so you get a really good idea of what people are rooting for and what they’re excited for.

>Everyone, from all departments, said, “you have got the best kill of any kill ever. I don’t think there’s a single person in the world that won’t be thrilled that Walder Frey is gone,” so it felt very, very good. It was such a fun day – so many things just went so well with that scene. There’s this one take where we did a close-up and I slit his throat and he’s bleeding out and I got this perfect little speck of blood just above my collarbone on my neck. It wasn’t like Tarantino blood everywhere, just this one little speck and it happened naturally, it happened realistically, and you literally couldn’t have flicked a bit of blood on better, a makeup girl couldn’t have done it any more perfectly. And Fabian [Wagner, the show’s director of photography], the way he lit me in that scene, I was so stoic and cool – a lot of things went really right and it got a great reaction.

>What are the logistics of filming a scene like that?

>We all have changes of outfits, but it’s so time-consuming that you don’t really want it to come to that, so people are just on hand with towels for blood and props people are on hand to change out the pie and get a new pastry crust on top so you can reveal the finger again. There’s so much that goes into it, but people think that very dialoguey scenes would be difficult – which of course they are, but you get a good run at it and everyone gets into the flow of it.

>A scene like that, it’s just a very disjointed day, so we started off doing the little bit of scene beforehand with the servant girl, you get into a normal dialogue scene and then you get into face changing, and Prosthetics steps in and gives me the face, and Hair steps in so I can whip off my wig, and then Props come in with the pies, and then David’s got to go away and put on a big rig and a fake neck and we’re all waiting around for a good hour while he does that. And then he comes back in and we get Armory on set with the knife and cutting him, and we get Special Effects with all the blood and making sure the blood squirts out perfectly – “do you want a dribble or do you want a spray?” – so it just means the day is very long and tedious, but it’s something that I very much enjoy. As an actor, nothing that you train in can prepare you for what you do on set; every day is so different and if you’ve got it down in a classroom, chances are it’s gonna be extremely different once you get onto a film set. It’s just about trying to nail what you want to do with a scene every time, regardless of who else is sat in front of you spilling blood and lighting flames and stuff.

>Do you think it’s a good progression for Arya, that she clearly gets enjoyment from killing the people on her list?

>It does worry me, because – I’m going to steal something that Kit Harington said in an interview, because it sounded really great – it’s sad when our heroes take it too far and they don’t just do their job, they actually enjoy it and you see a twisted spark behind the eyes. It’s worrying. I think it’s worrying because I care about this little girl, and she is still a little girl. As an audience member, you’re just like “Arya’s a badass and she kills people and it’s cool,” and it’s like, “yeah, thank you, I’m flattered,” but from a personal perspective, you can’t just be like, “I play a really cool character, she kills everyone!” That’s got no drive and no reason and no purpose. To me, as an actress, I try not to be like “this scene’s so cool!” I try and go into it like “why is there this weird smile on her face and how long has she thought about this and when did she find out about Walder Frey killing her family?” You have to justify it and make it a realistic thing.

>Season 6 has been particularly troubling for fans of the Starks, given that not only does poor Rickon end up dead, but Arya, Sansa, Jon and Bran all step over that moral line at various points. It really does seem to signify the end of innocence for all of them.

>Right? What did everyone expect, we’ve had it the worst since episode one – literally, one of the youngest Starks gets pushed out of a window in episode one, and every episode since, people have just f—ked us over so badly. [Laughs.] And now, hopefully we get our revenge, but we’re also gonna be a little bit messed up by it all. And who can blame us? Hopefully we stay sane and we stay on the straight and narrow, or we can just become a band of outlaws and just run riot, that’d be fun too!

>The surviving Starks have changed so much since Season 1 – what do you think would surprise her most about Sansa, Jon and Bran when she meets them again?

>I think she would be surprised at how bad they’ve had it too. She feels so alone; they all have for so long. Upon meeting them and discovering that they’ve all had it so bad… she’s almost hoping for a reunion where everyone’s like, “oh, Arya, you’re safe!” But they’re all hoping for that, they’re all hoping for a safe family to stretch their arms out and be like, “oh, thank goodness you’re home,” but actually we’re all just a bit tired, we’re worn out and we’ve lost our naïve, childish fun, and I think that’s what she’d be shocked by the most, that she wasn’t the only one going through hell and no one is quite the same anymore and they never will be again. I think that would be quite sad for her.

>Jon and Arya were always the closest Stark children — do you think learning that they’re cousins would change anything for her?

>I feel like they would still very much be close. I feel like Jon would find it difficult to accept Arya for who she is now; he’d want to be loyal and heroic and protect his little sisters, and that’s not a life for her anymore. That was never really what she wanted to have in life and now she’s definitely not going back — she’s far more effective to fight with Jon than any of his other soldiers. She’s been training for years, she’s effectively like a Stark CIA agent, and I think if they would meet again, Jon would brush that off. It’s not a rude thing, I think he would just be trying to take the responsibility of keeping the family alive, seeing as it’s gone pretty badly since we all left — he would feel like he owed that to Ned and he owed that to the Stark name to keep us safe. It wouldn’t be out of cruelty, but I don’t think he would understand that it’s a foolish thing to do and Arya would be an incredible piece in battle and she would be very helpful and effective.

>How do you feel about the shorter episode order for Season 7?

>It sucks for the audience because they love the episodes, but what we’ll never do on this show is drag it out, and I’m so thrilled about that. Too many shows start out about making a great show, and by Season 6 it’s about making money and all they want to do is write more episodes and make more money. This show makes a lot of money, and it would be easy for HBO to be like “we’re gonna do four more seasons and we’re gonna extend them to 12 episodes.” I really respect David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] for holding their ground and for HBO to be like “no… we’re gonna tell this story and we’re gonna end it and that’ll be final.”

>Good things must come to an end or they’re not good anymore. It doesn’t last forever and we’ve done what we came to do, it’s time to wrap this up, and it will have the ending it was always supposed to have, and that’s very special. David and Dan started writing this show knowing the end, not knowing that it might actually come around and we might be allowed to make that many [seasons] — at the beginning we were just willing to make one [season]. They started this with an end in sight, and so it’s exciting to be closing it… I’m just excited to see everyone again – we start a lot later this year because winter has arrived, so that can’t happen in sunny Belfast.

>What’s the best part about your Emmy nomination?

>The film industry, any performing industry, is very ageist – for one reason or another, younger people get bypassed for a lot. It’s one of the most difficult things to change, because the only people who fight for it are young people, and by the time anyone’s willing to listen, they’re grown up and they’re not a young person anymore. In the UK at the moment, a lot of 16 year olds are fighting to get the vote, and by the time anyone will listen to them, the ringleaders of that will then be 18 and it’ll be like, “well now you can vote, have fun!” But it’s like, that wasn’t really the point, so it’s really tough, and it’s the hardest thing to fight, because you can only really fight it from being a young person.

>It feels amazing to be acknowledged by the Academy, and just mindblowing, really — it’s not something that happens all the time because I won’t be young forever, so it means an awful lot to be 19 years old. And there will be people younger than me who have been nominated and younger people than me that have won — it’s not about that … just to be a part of young actors being acknowledged is very special.

Punishment from the Seven for following human sacrificing fire demon worshipers.

D&D dont think about things like that when they change and cut out important story and character bits.
Its so sad isnt it, that they took everything said about Stannis in the series literally

Still shitposting strong I see.

Next season cold opens with Stannis, all y'all know it.

Its over son accept it and they've warped Davos into Jon's buttbuddy

it would be nice. The show is really starting to run low on interesting male characters. I mean the only one left is Davos and Jaime from time to time.

Euron might become interesting if the don't fuck it up, but that's a bit of an ask.

>d&d
>not fucking up things
Keep dreaming m8

I don't have much hope. I fear he will spout more dick jokes than I drink and I meme.

Will we see more naowittenz guy next season?

Why did they ruin Loras? He was an actual interesting representation of a homosexual in the books. In the sdhow he's just a faggot.

Cast her

random brother whore #163

Why was House Martell, and House Tyrell accompanying Dany's fleet? Aren't these two houses already on Westoros, more so House Martell which is further west?

In the books, is Littlefinger aware that Tyrion is still alive?

Cause his plan to marry Sansa to Harry rests on no one considering Sansa married already to Tyrion. Unless they do it like the show where they don't care instead of getting the High Septon to put it aside like they did for Baelor the Blessed, Sansa's fucking useless to Harry and he has no reason to get her anything since his kids by her will be bastards and he can't be legally married to her..

Aegon's gonna marry his cousin Arianne.

Jon's gonna marry his cousin Sansa.

You just know.

It cold opens with his headless corpse

>Starts every episode with a map of Westeros and Essos
>Consistently ignores it and pretends everything is in a 10 mile radius
Bravo D&D

Wanted to make it a cool shot since doubt Varys would've learned about Dany's army in time to sail to her then back.

They didn't consummate, and there's precedent in the story for unconsummated marriages being set aside (Joffrey/Margaery). Shouldn't be an issue.

P R E S T O N

>Lysa and Ned being siblings
hi Preston

I was hoping Melly would end up having Jon's babies (like legit, non-shadow ones).

Cast her

Beth Cassel

Godry the giantslayer

>the books
youtube.com/watch?v=YVJa4Fl34l4
>the show
youtube.com/watch?v=kIgMxoYtY2E

>the books
youtube.com/watch?v=C7kW7cT1uGA
>the show
youtube.com/watch?v=1rikVftx00w

Is show Tywin actually better than book Tywin, or is it because of Charles Dance?

desu I don't like Euron in the books. Too campy and overpowered. It's like he came from a different genre.

I think it's just Dance. Show Tywin doesn't really have any traits or motivations that book Tywin doesn't. What he does have is Dance's natural presence and charisma.

We thought the same.

>implying show Ramsey is any better

Problem as far as i can tell is gurrm is relying solely on his imagination in the books. It's a lot easier to write the show because they have actors to use as a reference. That is the show's strength their characters are more human. In the books they're like caricatures of people.

I don't know about that. There are plenty of caricatures in the books for sure. But more prominent characters tend to be extremely three dimensional and real. And a lot of that is actually lost in the show, because with visual medium we don't really have much access to the character's thoughts, doubts, and memories. Plus it's really hard to put thousands of pages of character development into 10 hours.

I actually found myself relying on my imagination more while watching the show than while reading the books.
>those knights probably just didn't want to get involved in politics when they let the hound and Arya go
>I guess Yara didn't throw her ax at Ramsey because she feared Roose's response to the iron born
>Stannis and his crew were probably starving for a really, really long time
>I guess Jon explained that he isn't a deserter off screen
etc.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1472223929455.webm
someone plz add stannis 8 bit death

His expression is perfect

That doesn't look like Jon

Jon/Sansa/CIA master race. Screencap this

JonxSansaxCIA 3some would be pretty hot.

Stupid sexy CIA

Bane Posters make every thread better.

This is as toxic as you can imagine.

Jesus Christ.

Funny thing is though, patriarchal expectations only exists in the show whenever they're convenient for drama, and vanish when they are inconvenient. For example, Sansa is passed around from man to man like chattel, and is in constant peril of rape, while Talisa is perfectly unmolested while going around alone, having a job, and sassing highborns.

It's going to be so great senpai. Can't wait for the inevitable Jonsa meltdown

What are the odds that when The Walkers finally get past the Wall and start resurrectting the dead, we'll see Stannis again?

>MATHOS !!

Tyrion is still alivebajd that wasn't setting a marriage aside. Joffrey died, marriages ended, Margaery was widowed and could marry again.

Tyrion's still alive, Petyr's plan is retarded. He and Sansa would have to wait for Tyrion to die or get him killed before she can remarry

daily reminder that the sand snakes are now in the "good guys" team

It is okay for Danny to poison childs

Jon eats and fucks her right in the pussy, CIA plays with her arse, a match made in heaven

get out while you still can

>that gif is almost 5 years old
I wonder how it feels to create something that people post for such a long time.

I know that a lot of people here are super bitter about the show, but I am still legit excited about Dany coming to Westeros.

>being excited about anything Dany related, show or book

it was buried deep in my GoT file

im convinced he was replaced around season 3 and original bran was actually a girl.

I only red the red words.

The fuck was I reading?

tl;dr is..........................?????