It's a Sam is forcible invaded by an alien episode

Cozy Stargate SG1 thread.

>It's a Macguyver trapped with Sam on a cold place episode

GOOLD?

Any of you guys watching this? It's pretty good. Has the same comfy feel, tbph.

>It's a "d alien race with slow firing, cumbersome laser staffs wearing nothing but loincloths are somehow a threat to a squad of soldiers with p90's" episode.

General Hammond is so based though, I don't care what he mispronounces.

>It's an Apophis still isn't dead yet episode.

Seriously, that dude's ability to not die was annoying as shit.

The first three seasons where absolutely awful. How did this show even survive the 90's?

>The first three seasons where absolutely awful.
Nope.

>It's a Baal still isn't dead episode
>It's a Baal can never be 100% certain dead because of clones conclusion

>been in these threads for 3 years straight now

>its the same shit every time

Well what the fuck do you expect from a dead franchise?

Season 2 had some real bangers, really started to pick up steam about 1/3 into season 2.

qt.

>It's a "it's the early 2000's and dad wont stop hogging the tv to watch TNG and Stargate and other nerd shit" episode

Now i live away from home and i started watching TNG and realize its great and ill probably watch Stargate too someday. But i missed all those years i could have bonded with him over sci-fi shows.

>3 years straight
SG-1 threads were only regular occurrences for the last year. But yeah, we don't have enough left to talk about at this point. Still, it's always good to know that there are still people with good taste browsing Sup Forums.

Early seasons and especially Season 1 are my favorite because they embrace the exploration theme the best. No boring and neddlessly drawn out arcs yet, just neatly packaged and self-contained episodes visiting new worlds.

That and the Jaffa were actually still threatening as enemies.

Who were the best one-shot-ayy-lmaos?

I like it, it has potential. Hopefully it doesn't get canned before they can flesh out more of the world. A full-scale galactic war between the corps could be so good.

That's pretty par for the course for sci-fi, even if you weren't wrong.

YES! INVENTIONS TO FIGHT THE GOAULD

>its a Sam bukkake episode

I've been enjoying it. I've been loving that Rodney, and Dr. Weir are side characters on it, and I hate that Wil Wheaton is a side character in it.

>it's pretty good
indeed. like many sci-fi shows the writing gets better as the show progresses and the characters/character dynamic develops. s2 has been good to watch so far.

Android is best Character.

Oh

Android is still hot though.

I would literally pirate her

of course ! it's the next best thing. Comfy isthe best description. The expanse is more serious, so not as comfy. BSG was dumb, Farscape too many aliens. Dark Matter is perfect.

did he acted? i assume he had that calm, sane and gentle character IRL too, since he was like that in Twin peaks too (though this may make him a worse actor, if he always played himself)

even so, it used to have bigger discussions than in the active, and also comfy Dark Matter threads. i hope it will have the same, one day

That and killjoys are pretty fucking great, for different reasons. I'm kinda hoping we're ramping into another scifi TV Renaissance.

>Reetou
somewhat resembled starship troopers's bug aliens, but also my favourites.

and it was even made more depht than a regular ugly aliens, with that that only their 'moderate rebels' are the dangerous ones, are the others are civilized.
it would've potential to make an arc about them

Was there a sadder moment?

#notallreetou

I'm getting a Mass Effect 2 vibe from Dark Matter.

>crystal cloning Jack's dead son
>(not) leaving Cassandra to blow up alone

I don't care.

No, I think that one wins. Daniel "dying" just wasn't as emotional.

Apophis was best god though.

Luv u watever.

The naked guys who were covered in grey paint, spoke by screeching and fucked plants.

u wat?

I hope that the android remains an android and doesn't just become another human character thanks to Datas emotion chip.

I watched SG1 years ago but am only watching Atlantis now. Just started S3, plz no spoil.

On that note, how do they go from "enlightened western ideals always win" to committing WW2 Japanese level chemical weapon experiments on the Wraith and claim to have the moral high ground? I like Carson but the man is a psychopath war criminal. I hope this comes up as a plot point instead of it continuing to be treated as "lol fuck the aays".

Does Dark Matter and Killjoys take place in the same universe?

I was so worried that it would be permanent when she got that chip. I was so glad when she was back to normal on the next episode. I'm expecting it to be a thing they use from time to time, kind of like how Urkel would become Stephan from time to time.

So far no, but we're all expecting a crossover episode sooner or later.

>killjoys
only started watching that last week but it seems like it might be good

Not that I'm aware of. They could certainly crossover though.

The first season is a good buildup, the second season teeters a bit until the last few episodes. The most recent one was great.
Plus I think Dutch is cute. CUTE!

now that they introduced already the dark matter i would like a crossower with the expanse, since that has also one similar. Or with Marvel universe Venom/symbiote.
something like.. that it connects parallel universes, or other far away galaxy or something

literally the next episode I'm gonna watch

almost everyone pronounces it differently lel

goowald, goa'uld, goold, gould, gwoald, take your pick

>tfw wormhole xtreme will never be a real show

Season 5 when rodney was losing his mind to that "second childhood" brain bug and him and sheppard are sittiing on the edge of atlantis and john wouldnt let him say goodbye because he knew he had to save rodney

Also mckay saving keller from hypothermia pic related

>It's a womyns rights episode

>It's a Mayborne episode
>It's an NID episode
>It's a civilian oversight is bad episode
>It's a The team creates the evil they need to fight episode
>It's a daniel dies episode
>It's a the entire team gets wiped out in the opening episode
>It's an Ascension/jedi episode
>it's a quarantine episode

What am I saying, I loved all of it.

How in the corn shittng duck can you say Maybourne episodes are bad? It was the best arc they ever did.

>Killjoys
thought I was the only one watching that
good show

I really like it but its story feels like going nowhere.

I don't know, there is something off about Killjoys and I can't put my finger on what it is exactly.

What is your favorite SG-1 episode?
Mine would have to be the first contact with the Asgardians, where O'Neill absorbs all that ancient knowledge. The best part of the episode is that it made him seem like a real and capable leader and not like some semi-serious wise guy.

That's a really good one, yeah.

Window of Opportunity
Unending
Broca Divide

which was this episode, when an advanced species started terraforming a planet where there were already refugees deported?

>200

kek, I just remembered that one
Well I guess I know what I'm doing for the next hour

The one with Gaeta. Scorched Earth.