The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 2015

Just finished watching “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.” and I have to say… it’s not a very good flick.

It doesn’t outright suck, it’s filmed nicely and the music is cool and Henry Cavill is pretty good but the guy who plays Illya (Armie Hammer - who the fuck is that?) sounded like some random guy off the street doing a bad fake Russian accent (why not hire an actual Russian/Slavic actor?) and the chick (Alicia Vikander, literally who?) playing the German gal, didn’t sound German in the least (dunno what they were thinking there?).

The lame generic spy story comes across as if it was written by different authors and kinda slapped together haphazardly but what was most noticeable, was the piss poor direction. Nothing and nobody in movie clicked, all the scenes felt odd and stumbling, like it was Guy Ritchie’s first time directing a movie.

Dunno how Rotten Tomatoes gave it 68%, Metacritic’s 55/100 is too high IMO, while CinamaScore “B” grade is way off.

In fact, now that I’ve finished writing all that, I have to say “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.” did outright suck.

I liked the style, and it was an entertaining movie.

But that's it.

Yeah this. Style over substance.

>substance
You can't tell me you expected substance from this movie. These type of movies by definition inherently lack it.
Also, style is substance.

I'm just saying that the only thing the movie had going for it was the style.

This. It was a good 6/10.

what a pleb review

I enjoyed it

Still the best spy movie that came out last year.

Says the guy whose only response is to call me a pleb...

>Still the best spy movie that came out last year.

What other spy movies came out last year?

It's a movie that is entirely carried by Henry Cavill and the banter between him and Armie but mostly Cavill alone.

He's probably come the closest I've seen to a proper raw masculine Connery style Bond.

It misses the mark because it's based on a campy 60s show but Ritchie and the actors don't know shit about camp or how to make it fun.

James Bond.

i watched it last year and it was ok. i didn't regret watching it, but thinking back i can't recall a single scene or conversation or even what the basic plot of the movie was

I thought it was at least a 7/10 and I had fun watching it. Some moments were noticeably.. "off", likely due to poor directing and editing but I still enjoyed myself.

Spectre and Kingsman.

This movie convinced me that Cavill would be a fucking perfect Sterling Archer.

> > What other spy movies came out last year?
> Spectre and Kingsman.

Spectre was way better and even Kingsmen was better.

The rewind shit happened like five times

the opening scene was good
and the boat chase with cavill sitting in the truck was good

this film was so much better than all the other generic action shit out there. the movie screams style and class. great humor. sure its lacking in an interesting plot but honestly id watch it again over spectre or the avengers any day of the week.

>boat chase scene
top tier honestly fampai

>Alicia Vikander, literally who?
Are you kidding me?