All female directors

>all female directors

Why?

This shit infuriates me. What's with this new conception that the director's gender/race must correspond to the character/subject matter?

>Black Panther HAS to have a black director
>Wonder Woman HAS to have a female director
>Captain Marvel HAS to have a female director

It just doesn't make any fucking sense. Do they think that these women with absolutely zero experience directing action blockbusters will suddenly be able to competently direct one just because the main character is also a woman? It doesn't work like that. Here's a novel concept: How about hiring directors based on their experience and qualifications?

Cool story

>watching capeshit in the first place

>Why?
Identity politics

>Black Panther HAS to have a black director
>Wonder Woman HAS to have a female director
>Captain Marvel HAS to have a female director
And Flash has a black director because white characters can have everybody.

Never heard of this character before. Not interested in the slightest.

Enjoy your shitty super hero Marvel fans

Why the fuck do you care so much? Kill yourself, capeshit enthusiast.

Lesli Linka Glatter would be great. They should try to get Michelle MacLaren since DC dropped her for Wonder Woman. Two of the best TV directors in the business, and we all know TV directors will eventually take over capeshit.

>flash has a black director
>black people known to be good from running from the police

It kinda fits

>waaah people who are not white males get to be directors!!!

What is wrong with these people? Don't they realize women are absolute shit at directing action?

The only people who direct Marvel Studios films are on a shadowy board of corporate executives. The directors don't actually have the much power.

>Don't they realize women are absolute shit at directing action?

prepare to eat your words

?

this scene is trash

Kek

This, OP KILLYOURSELF YOU RETARD

I so hope this is re-edited in the movie

Jesus shit

Lorene Scafaria only ever really worked odd jobs. She directed a couple of tiny movies that could be made for $50 and is now already a has been.
If they're considering her...

At leas the Homeland director should have experience with a large set, effects and stunts.

Has hollywood forgotten that a director is not a writer?
I feel like if they're aching to "hear women's voices" or whatever it would be more imperative to get a good female writer to make a story about their female character.

The movies are made to showcase diversity, and that takes priority over the actual finished product.

I mean, obviously they want it to be good. But the reason they're making it is to showcase the female/nonwhite/gay/whatever aspect of their franchise. Making it good is what they worry about after they've got Priority 1 firmly handled.

user, don't pay to see either of them, it's that simple, i'll watch black panther on theaters if the trailer is good though

>Why?

Because if it were purely up to the studio heads wanting to create a safe, profitable movie product they would just get one of the hundreds of competent male directors to get the job done. They specifically want a female director for this project and they are pairing that female director with a female property to shine a spotlight on it.

> How about hiring directors based on their experience and qualifications?

Those are all male directors because only male directors get to land these big tentpole films because when green-lighting those films studios do exactly that, hire someone based on experience and qualifications, you need experience to get experience, women directors don't have that.

It's like trying to get a professional job that requires 5 years of experience but all of the entry level and internship positions require 5 years of experience, you're just going to flip burgers for the rest of your life.

>Is this social justice bullshit?

Sure is, but outside of 1-2 of these comicbook movies you'd be hard pressed to tell the director had any real style or influence on the movie so who gives a shit if they railroad some woman to direct instead of another male director, the end product is going to be roughly the same.

oh wow. flop of the century inbound

I'm looking forward to Black Panther too and the guy that directed Creed actually knows what he's doing. I'm sure he'll do great, but he was chosen from a list of black directors they had lined up.

I feel like if I were one of these directors, I'd be a little insulted. You're not being given a chance because you deserve it, but because you represent a demographic they want money from.

Ultimately is right. Edgar Wright getting the boot from Ant-Man is proof that they're not looking for talent, just competence.

the homeland director might be decent. unless she only directed episodes where protagonist was off her meds and cried a lot. Which, now that I think about it is likely

If they wanted a female director, should have given it to Lexi Alexander. Or the Soska sisters solely cause it'd be insane.

Or the Wachowskis

Black Panther needs a black director because only an American born black director can understand the plight of African born men.

Don't worry Sup Forums Thor: Ragnarok has a Maori director doing a movie about Nordic gods with a black Valkyrie.

Diverse enough for ya?

Solipsists love tokenism and "diversity" and Marvel fans/marginals all tend to be solipsists.

You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults. Adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?

Yeah, hope he doesn't ghetto it up like he did with Creed though

Marvel is completely fucked

The moment the pc-sjw pandering becomes more important than storytelling, you should just call it quits. Talking about their comics though, who cares if the director is female

>Two of the best TV directors
>wowit'sfuckingnothing.png

>m-m-muh Wright!
Edgar Wright is shit.

Get your dumb delusional sjw ass out of here and kindly commit suicide

In a safe space of course

>Marvel is completely fucked

lmao, Marvel fans are nerd completionists that will watch anything with a Marvel logo slapped onto it

He's talking about the comics, where Captain America is black, Thor is a girl, and Iron Man is a black girl.

I vote Glatter; that's actually a legit good choice desu

No one cares about Thor

>Look at me! I'm a contrarian! xD

DC kicked their ass in sales last month due to all the PC shit.

>This shit infuriates me.
Jesus, how fucking insecure can one beta be? How do you not realize what a useless spineless twat you are?

DC has always had better comics and rightfully so since they always attempted to tell actual stories with their graphic novel format. Marvel always sold event comics with tie-ins and the appeal was just in the characters. It's honestly no surprise the movies follow the same pattern for both companies.

Contrarian implies there's a bigger group, mostly mainstream, that holds the belief that it won't flop and/or those scenes don't look like shit.

because everyone knows men can't understand female experiences and women can't understand male experiences.That is why when a men writes a story about a woman being raped he is being an idiot but when woman does it, its her experience because I guess all women are raped.yes I heard those exact words on a podcast

is Siegfried black?

he is passionate about it. its like asking a football fan why does he care about football
you are not missing out on anything
in the tv show he was so afraid of commitment he retconed the universe

>women can't direct

Funny how one of this site's biggest memes came from a woman.

kind of this. very few women like action. When I read books written by women there is usually no action/its in the background or its something so ridiculous that it makes Resident Evil look good

I'll be torrenting it anyways so no big deal, no money from me :)))

Because of the fanbases attached to them. Look on tumblr and twitter, the people who have already been complaining about the directors of the MCU all being white men. Now imagine they announce the first black-lead/female-lead movie and it's another white man.

The general public and comic book fans don't care, it's this sector of people, who love to run with outrage.

>Slow motion is now good action

>American Psycho
>action blockbuster

>kind of this. very few women like action

There are going to be women who like to direct action, user. The idea that we can count the number of big-budget action movies directed by women on one hand has something to do with "well, you know those women just like girly stuff and in the hundred-plus years of Hollywood and the hundreds of women who came through as directors we only found 3 or 4 that like to direct action scenes ever" is ridiculous.

she did
The Meddler
New Girl (TV Series) (3 episodes)
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Love Is Dead (TV Movie
>"hear women's voices"
women don't make better female characters or whatever, I have seen rape added in by women and done no better than by men. The difference in their voice is negligible and about the same as between an average man and average male writer, which have different experiences of the world but that does not necessarily make stories better or worse

It's another "let's keep on making the same mistake and then wonder why we're having the worst time of film history in regards to popularity and profits"

>Niki Caro - Whale Rider

I think whole dependency on Hollywood is ridiculous. I also don't think big budget movies count for more when it comes to "diversity points" or whatever. small budget action has more than once become a cult classic. kickstarter that shit or something, koreans can do it but everyone in US is constantly "muh holy wood"

>Those are all male directors because only male directors get to land these big tentpole films because when green-lighting those films studios do exactly that, hire someone based on experience and qualifications, you need experience to get experience, women directors don't have that.
>It's like trying to get a professional job that requires 5 years of experience but all of the entry level and internship positions require 5 years of experience, you're just going to flip burgers for the rest of your life.
except you can always do small movies for experience, even tv. also nepotism is very big in hollywood, adam sandler, Paul William Scott Anderson and many many others should not have gotten even half of the jobs they got.

1) it gives them a free cycle of press from the left leaning websites. 'Female director wooooo! Marvel so diverse, we love marvel' headlines all over the place

2) if the movie turns out to be shit it shitty sites will go easier on it in the name of progress and they can't pollute the web with a million articles about a white man ruining the first female super hero movie.

In the end it doesn't really matter. Studios pick small time unproven directors so they'll do what they're told.

Directing a Marvel movie like directing a procedural TV show. It's all flat unimaginative no stakes shit. Even if the director is amazing they'll never get enough power to do much. They might as well be directing an episode of NCIS.

>storytelling
storytelling has never been a factor. years ago they came out and said that more butthurt people are the more books they buy(rage sells better than good storys) now they just combine that with sjw and its a win win. also DC does the same

Satan has never been more right

>Iron Man is a black girl.
Who stole the parts to make her suit, more non racist they try to be the more racist they become.

>ruining a perfectly good femdom scene with feminism
Good God why

>always attempted to tell actual stories with their graphic novel format.
yeah sure

>Do they think that these women with absolutely zero experience directing action blockbusters will suddenly be able to competently direct one just because the main character is also a woman?
The Russo brothers were men with absolutely zero experience directing action blockbusters who were suddenly able to competently direct one where the main character is a man. This is just how the MCU does things, and it's working out very well for them so far.

is this better?

this
>Studios pick small time unproven directors so they'll do what they're told.
especially this

Fuck, WW is so hot.

Too bad Gaddot has none of the looks or charm that make WW so boner inducing.

I really want to help you understand, but I don't think you'll hear anything that's said.

Honestly I think they go for nobody directors because they are cheap and the fact that any good director with some self respect wouldn't touch capeshit with a ten foot pole.

same as girl gamers

yet girls have yet to make 1 game

Except DC has pretty much said their new focus is telling great stories and despite selling less books at a cheaper price, they've been destroying marvel for the past few months.

There's barely any SJW shit in DC anymore compared to Marvel where just about every book is filled with politics.

Wonder Woman's director is probably the best of the lot though.

what are you doing

> Not interested in the slightest.
Neither is anybody else. She's been rebooted 5 times in the last couple of years because they can't make her interesting. She's just the only female hero Marvel has that isn't Sue or an X-Man so they have to shill her to sell a movie about her.

>Enjoy your shitty super hero Marvel fans
Nobody likes her.

>also DC does the same

Find me one page that can compare to [UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL?!], Ethics in Hammer Wielding, Squirrel Girl teaching Galactus about pronouns, Ice Man getting gay'd (with a side of "everyone is bisexual")

>inb4 that one panel with WW using the word "mansplaining"
Bennet was literally fired for that, and got hired by Marvel.

What about the chick that directed the Punisher movie?

Shit was awesome.

>Or the Soska sisters solely cause it'd be insane.

YES! I've been saying that ever since these all-female lists started. I don't want them to disappear into capeshit but helming a big budget comic thing would certainly give them the clout to get a few of their fucked up personal projects made.

shit tier action scene is still shit tier

Kathryn Bigelow is pretty great, but I don't get the sense that they're looking for a great female director so much as a pliable and convenient female director.

what's wrong with Whale Rider?

>SJW
>whales
nothing?

Why do you prove his point?

>Snyder 2.0

Lesli Linka Glatter did some really good Twin Peaks episodes. If anything shes too good for Capeshit.
Give the job to Whale Rider.

Whale Rider is an awful cliche of a drama. Tell the story of a impoverished kid going through an identity crisis with (insert culture here). There's no actual insight in it.

he's baiting

I agree with you but not on the last point. Directors have enough power to lead the movie in direction unwanted by the studio, even when they were small time directors. Then all the stodio can do is mending.

There are plently of examples out there.

Silly me, I thought this was about the real Captain Marvel, not Marvel shit.

He's half Jewish though.

The modern capeshit industry is brain-dead.
Don't let it get to you while it waddles in its own shit.

just one question

do people actually buy comics these days?

you mean new stuff? Paper Girls and Queen of Vampires are the two best current publications. Archie vs Predator was the best recently completed series although it was only 4 issues

otherwise old comics sure why wouldnt you wanna buy a copy of Action #1 if the price is right. Got a cool mil?

I do. They're all old ones though.

Isn't Captain Marvel a dude?

no i mean how lucrative is the business really in 2016? how do the sales compare to previous decades?

how much of an audience these sjw lunatics have?

Sales aren't that good. Marvel is only around because of the movies.

the zombie comics are really excellent though and most recently Battleworld Marvel Zombies was very awesome and I was disappointed it was only 4 issues

otherwise yeah I dont think I've enjoyed much marvel recently although I'm far from an aficionado

>how much of an audience these sjw lunatics have?
If the recent comic book sales are to believe? Practically none as DC's dominating the sales. Don't know how well current sales are like compared to the past though.

>Why?
So if it fails it can't be blamed on sexism.