Why the fuck is this getting so much praise? Jay sounds like he's half asleep rapping over 2008 YouTube beats...

Why the fuck is this getting so much praise? Jay sounds like he's half asleep rapping over 2008 YouTube beats, and the mixing is complete shit. There's no lyrical depth.

Other urls found in this thread:

omerta.is/Col
streamable.com/qm5c9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gib link pls

BECAUSE HE'S THE GOAT FAMBRUH DID U HEAR THE KANYE DISS SAVAGE NO CHILL

You're saying things that have no bearing on reality. The beats are good, the rapping is fine to good, it's full of insight, and the guy's not Danny Brown so of course he raps with a little respectable languor.

It's a guy way past his prime release music that is more listenable and meaningful than most of the trendy fuckers selling tracks nowadays.

this. he's not that great, this is not that great, but the fact he can still release something that isn't entirely shit is commendable in my opinion.

omerta.is/Col

The beats are generic and boring. His flow is nauseating, he sounds like he's on his deathbed.

But it is entirely shit.

This tells me you have bad taste

i dont like it see they got it pretty right, however its not lil yachty these days ill say nice things about anything thats not mumblecore bullshit

Jay-Z = RAT

MUMBLECORE ISN'T DIFFERENT THAN FUCKING PANDA BEAR OR SHOEGAZE

ITS THE LOGICAL CONCLUSION TO RAP WHERE THE PRODUCTION AKA THE ACTUAL MUSIC IS KEY

READ A BOOK IF YOU WANT LYRICISM

If Danny Brown and Earl (among others) can do it right then anyone can do it right.

It's just that the rappers actually making money keep the bar so low that these talentless idiots keep jumping straight over it.

Producers are getting better and better at least.

>implying loveless isn't one of best produced albums of the 90s

read a book yourself tbqh

>expecting lyrical depth
>Jay-Z Album
choose 1

You shouldn't give anything praise for trying.

the only time I've heard Jay before this was on features, figured he was better on his actual albums.

Look. I get you guys, ok.

Since the Blueprint came out, everyone has just been on the bandwagon that it's impossible for Jay-Z to produce anything good.

This tidal malarkey probably helping, either.

But, this album is good.
Don't sleep on it, it'll probably grow on you once this anti-jayz elite stigma passes.

This is the state of popular rap, baka

im an oldfag. been listening to jay since hawaiian sophie. this is my favorite album of his even though its only 10 songs and feels too short. So many great songs. Story of OJ, Smile, Caught Their Eyes, Bam are all 10/10 greatness. the rest of the songs are great too

>Why the fuck is this getting so much praise?

It's excellent. Jay has proven that internal ryhming is overrated and redundant. The content and delivery is so much more important than the ryhming. His flows are majestic too. And No ID's sampling techniques are amazing. There's so much more musicality involved. Four bar loops are kept to a minimum and the beats grow with Jay's verses. I'm convinced it's being harshly criticized here for two reasons. Sup Forums never fucked with Jay. and the whole tidal/sprint shit

i heard the complaint about the mix several times yet no one I ask expounds. perhaps you can?

he obviously stole the beat from SCOOTER - ALWAYS HARDCORE

but i guess thievery is ok when you're famous enough

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the mix. You think someone that wealthy and exposed to the workings of the music industry would make such a trivial mistake? Zero chance.

Haven't you mumble-fags graduated high school yet?

you can call me al is a better song than anything jay z has ever put out. just saying

i graduated college 2 years ago i wasted the money and everything

Jay's verse on Monster was better than all of 4:44

>This is his 13th studio album
Really makes you think
No but in all seriousness the album is good. Not great, but good. The album title is kinda stupid if you read why it's called that and therefore the art is also pretty fucking stupid.
Some of it is super uninspired and really not very insightful. Like Moonlight for instance. The entire hook is based off an Oscar fluke? Like come on now.

There isn't anything to discover. It's just a millionaire rapping about millionaire drama. Sonically, there isn't anything remarkable. Lyrically, it's half assed. There's better music being put out every day, Jay Z doesn't deserve to be in the conversation.

felt this was needed, way too much mindless trap bullshit that sounds all the same polluting around
no id did his thing, beats sound like a modern take of what jay z did in the past
the forte of the records was the lyrics, its funny how a lot of people now finally feel "woke" after listening to them even though it mostly states obvious shit, goes to show the sad state of instagram twitter etc society
overall an enjoyable album, will be getting repeats from me
and as far as people complaining about the mixing i think they are reaching, shit nowadays sounds a LOT worse than this

Idk if you're being sarcastic or not, but I personally see nothing wrong with the mix at all. I think it's good.

Someone please link The Story of O.J. music video.

>You're saying things that have no bearing on reality

what the fuck does this even mean

>more listenable and meaningful than most of the trendy fuckers
>mediocrity is worth celebration when compared to shit
No it's not

This.

No more boring generic trap/mumbling about Lean, crying over women, wearing Gucci dresses bullshit.

You can still make Hip-Hop without it.

>There isn't anything to discover. It's just a millionaire rapping about millionaire drama.

You could say that about many other rap albums, but this album actually tells you HOW the system works and what others, especially blacks, can do to make the system work for them

Link?

nm found it on reddit
streamable.com/qm5c9

This track is EXCELLENT.

"Caught Their Eyes" is a fucking jam

No it doesn't lol

because he somewhat admits he cheated on Beyonce and addresses the Kanye beef

>OMG he's so honest and openly vulnerable!!

Actually I'm already over this.
This guy's married to Beyonce? Awful.

The commentary is pretty entertaining but he's still supporting the same evil he's trying to critique. I can't enjoy it.

Seriously full grown men are getting off on a full grown man's gossip ridden pathetic life because hes 'cool' and 'rich'.

Fucking asshole americans.