So, I keep watching this scene. There's two things that happened here:

So, I keep watching this scene. There's two things that happened here:

Either the joker was being sincere and wanted Harley to hook up with the honka honka, since he kept complimenting him since the meeting started
>intense
>honka honka

Or he really wanted to find an excuse to kill him. Mostly cause there's the real visual effect before Joker points to harley quinn, showing his mind may be going crazy. Also, the cut to his top man had to be significant in showing something was about to happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pEsGf0PMXNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where the fuck did HONKA HONKA come from and why do you fags think it's funny?

I don't think it's funny. Just Sup Forums being autistic as usual

Then why are you using it in your thread starter OP?

cause I walked myself into an inevitable meme

youtube.com/watch?v=pEsGf0PMXNc

>"I'M JUST A HUNKA HUNKA BURNIN LOVE"

It is obvious that he was pissed at the guy for calling Harley a bitch.

You notice that as soon as the guy says "that's a fine bitch you got there" or whatever the phrase was, there is a serious look on Joker's face as some filter effect is added (like Joker's blood boiling or something).

But then the Joker goes into some monologue about his crotch itching for Harley before he invites her over so idk

That's funny cause I wouldn't think Joker would get angry at someone calling her a bad bitch. It feels like it would just be more neutral of a saying. Especially with the joker having this whoie gangster angle. He's surrounded by a bunch of black most of the time, so I don't buy it.

The scene made no sense

Like the rest of the film

i think it was simply an awful scene and/or edited so much that any original context was lost.

Yeah true so probably not. When Harley is kissing the guy there is a close up of Joker's face as he is breathing so heavily like he is getting turned on kek so who knows

I can't find it but there is a behind the scenes image of Joker sitting with the guy with his arms around him chatting. No doubt this scene was longer but WB cut it so short

It's just plain bad writing when you don't know your characters

>i think it was simply an awful scene and/or edited so much that any original context was lost.
You are 100% correct.

Like I said here
There is a deleted scene where Joker has his arms around the black guy sitting close to him talking (I saw this photo posted on a facebook page but can't find it now) so no doubt this scene was a lot longer with more dialogue before it was butchered in the editing process.

Yeah I kept playing that. It almost felt like it was some sexual turn on moment for him, like he enjoyed seeing that. This is joker we're talking about. He likes abusing harley in any way possible, so making her have sex with another guy is probably her way of throwing her around like a whore

I thought we agreed not to discuss or meme about Suicide Skwad anymore until the 420hd blubong caps are out for torrents

I felt like he just want to put him in a situation where whatever he did, he would end getting killed. But it was poorly done.

And there is nothing wrong with interpretating this scene like that. After all exactly this is the Joker (and Jared even stated how much he read about mentally disturbed psychotic people, basing all of that on this Joker so no doubt that is probably how the scene was meant to be like until the editor cut it down to change the meaning hence the visual filter when the guy calls Harley a bitch when in the original edit it didn't affect Joker).

btw just as I was writing this I FOUND THE IMAGE!

So you see here: Joker was getting very close to the guy.

Thinking about this movie makes me sad, it could have been pretty good but so much was lost in the editing process.

> Sup Forums is one person

>the guy feeling Joker's chains
WOAH makes you think what Jared was actually doing in the full uncut version.

Yes I know

What I found funny was Joker's body guard telling the guy "He doesn't shake hands" and yet the Joker gets real full on with touching everyone he interacts with.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

He sees Harley and says something autistic like "Damn you got a bad bitch there yo". From that point on Joker's demeanor changes, he becomes hostile and finds any excuse to kill him. You don't mess around with an arch-criminal's gf; it makes sense.

I think it was just to show he was upredictable, that you never know when he's being serious or not and that by dealing with him you were pretty much already fucked.

Seems like an R rating would have really benefited this movie

Yes Jared said he wished the film was R rated

>"For a film about the villains, it should be R"

>Or he really wanted to find an excuse to kill him

It was the third option. He was going to kill him as soon as he called Harley a hot bitch. He offered Harley to him because he wanted to play with him. The guy was trying to decide if he had a better chance of living of he accepted Joker gift of Harley or graciously declined when it didn't matter because he was dead either way. Joker has never needed an excuse to kill anybody

I'm baffled that Sup Forums has such a hard time understanding this scene

>I'm baffled that Sup Forums has such a hard time understanding this scene
Because the way it is edited makes it confused.

See pic related here
This is obviously from a deleted scene, so is it before he called Harley a bitch? Joker sure seemed comfortable with so it feels strange for Joker to suddenly want to kill the guy after they had been chatting for much longer than what we saw in the theatrical cut

I mean Joker seems comfortable chatting with the guy so seems strange for him to immediately want him dead or maybe I guess not. I guess that is another unpredictable element of the Joker.

Making a friend and then immediately wanting them dead as soon as they disrespect Harley

>I mean Joker seems comfortable chatting with the guy so seems strange for him to immediately want him dead

Because he coveted his property. Which was Harley

This makes me so sad. It still be full of problems such as the shit villains, but it could've been way better than what we got. Besides all that shit, there was obviously something else to Boomerang. The whole unicorn setup that never payed off, or the reason why he came back after fucking off.
The only ones who managed to have a well developed arc were Deadshot and El Diablo.

you mean it hasn't just been me and this other faggot in here this entire time?!

>or the reason why he came back after fucking off.
he probably realized that he is fucked on his own with all the creatures roaming around and so being with the Squad is the safe place

Well, there could be a lot of probable reasons for him to come back, it would've been nice if they showed us one.

He was lusting after Harley and called her a bad bitch, it pissed the Joker off. How dense are you people?

Why is everyone shitting on this performance again?

Were dropped on your head as a baby? He returned because he's a lifesized boomerang.

Because they are fucking idiots.

Jared did an absolute brilliant job as the Joker.

Reminder that Jared Leto based the Joker's look off David Bowie who was originally going to be the Joker in the 1989 Batman movie.

Based Jared desu

Also the Jokester hates modern slang.

>David Bowie who was originally going to be the Joker in the 1989 Batman movie.
I could totally see david as the joker

whether we like it or not

MOMS GONNA FREAK

He would have been so much better than Nicholson. A 10/10 performance that we will never get to see

No. Let me stop you right there, "honka honka" posting is not becoming a fucking thing. It is not the next bane posting.

>It is not the next bane posting.
I wish it was

cause he is not intimidating at all, he adds nothing to the film (take his scenes away and is the same movie), actually loves Harley and behaves more like a wigger gangster than the Joker

>behaves more like a wigger gangster than the Joker
I haven't watched it but thi is the impression I have got from what I have seen.
The jokers only reason is he does shit if it's funny, I bet they made leto edgy and the joker is interested in fame or money.

Really the joker doesn't actually care about quinn too, he is fanatasized about batman.

A true Sup Forums veteran

The only person in the thread who gets it right doesnt have a single (you)? Fuck Sup Forums, i got you brosef

the joker doesn't wear a wife beater?

>ywn touch his silky soft green hair

but he doesn't have a wife

Reminder that actors don't decide the look of a character, the director does.

>Reminder that actors don't decide the look of a character, the director does.
Um do you even method act?

>Honka

It's "Hunka." A "Hunk" is a common phrase for an attractive or well-built male.

And this scene was not difficult to understand, man.

I think it's just to show off his tats.

5 > 3 > 4 > 8 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 7

It's not that he called her a bitch as much as it was him making eyes at her.

Are you both literally retarded?

Method actors take on the look and persona of the character IRL to help understand the character and perform better. That doesn't mean they design the fucking costume and makeup.

>I'm baffled that Sup Forums has such a hard time understanding this scene

It's the same on Sup Forums. Some people are just really fucking stupid.

Yep like this guy

>joker is into cuckolding shit
When will it stop ?

Never. Sup Forums is just maymay after maymay
>inb4 wwyd if some guy slaps your girls ass at a club

>That's funny cause I wouldn't think Joker would get angry at someone calling her a bad bitch
that's the joke

I can't believe how fucking dense Sup Forums can be sometimes

he killed him because he called harley a bad bitch
they've fucking ruined the joker

It's not really Leto's fault. His body language is good and the look grows on you, but the dialogue and the meaninglessness of the scenes just leaves you feeling nothing from watching them. It seems they cut so much Joker stuff out the few scenes he has seems out of place and tacked on.

He also wasn't funny or intimidating. The Joker doesn't have to make jokes all of the time and be a 'clown', but he has to be funny in some way imo. Both Ledger and Nicholson made me chuckle, either based on their line delivery, body language or the dialogue itself

Fuck off Jared's Joker is genius psychopath

We need to see extended scenes of Jared in order to properly judge.

No doubt Leto put his heart and soul into those cut scenes which is why he was so distraught with them being deleted and the public will never see them.

Wasn't there supposed to be a torture scene after this that got cut out?

Not that I know of.

Refer to this
I am pretty sure those are all the major scenes that were cut.

how

>better than nicholson
nah

Are you kidding me? If you think Nicholson is better than Bowie could hav been then you are entierely wrong.

Nicholson was miscast. Both Bowie and Jared are far more closer to how the Joker should look.

IT'S HUNKA HUNKA YOU DAMN IDIOTS

HUNKA HUNKA
HUNKA HUNKA
HUNKA HUNKA
HUNKA HUNKA
HUNKA HUNKA
HUNKA HUNKA

>I keep watching this scene

The only thing wrong with Nicholson was he was a little too old for the part at that time. If he was the same age he was in The Shining then he would have been a Joker that was impossible to beat.

But unfortunately he was born 10 years too early

In regards to the helicopter scene, I didn't feel the Joker pushed her out to save her, when I watched it I just thought that the motion of the helicopter threw her out to safety coincidentally

I thought he wanted to kill him because he made a comment about Harley... It seemed obvious at the time. Also made sense as to why he put on the whole "fuck her" charade, like, "you think she's so attractive, why don't you do something about it?"

>Joker
>needs an excuse to kill

>It's not that he called her a bitch as much as it was him making eyes at her.

It's a respect thing. The guy overstepped and presumed too much familiarity with him, like he thought was on the Joker's level. You don't do that shit. Fuck, you wouldn't even do that shit with your own boss.

Fun fact - you know why your best friend can call you an asshole and you laugh it off, but if "Steve from work" that you barely know does it in exactly the same tone and context, it can piss you off? Because it's presuming too much familiarity, it's a boundary violation that "Steve" hasn't earned. The offense comes from presuming a level of closeness that doesn't exist.

People often confuse the word "vulgar" as being inherently offensive, but that's not the actual case. The root of the word means, poetically enough in terms of the film, "common."