Sup Sup Forums...

Sup Sup Forums? I finally saw a psychiatrist yesterday who agreed that I'm very badly clinically depressed and Gabe me a prescription for Effexor. Is anyone here familiar with this shit? Does it help?

Other urls found in this thread:

fisherwallace.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhMjKBRDjxb31j-aesI4BEiQA7ivN-BbaczJxwWurQJaQxU4oMLRJn9qcRX8lRDfUUViOxJAaAqI38P8HAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>He fell for the depression meme.

You're a retard, OP.

There's no pill for being a loser.

Psychiatrist here.

Effexor isn't the first antidepressant I would giv anyone but if you were pretty badly depressed, it is okay.

DO NOT STOP TAKING IT SUDDENLY. You won't die but it has a crappy withdrawal effect and you will notice it with one to two missed doses. Your psychiatrist should take you off slowly if hats what you both decide.

Pro tip: things will get worse before they get better on the medications. Give it the full 4-6 weeks and see what happens. It's not going to be life changing but you'll feel you're able to cope with shit better.

>things will get worse before they get better on the medications
Thanks user but what did you mean by this?

Because of how antidepressants work, your anxiety and depression will definitely increase before they get better. Having experimentally tried drugs along with the other doctors I trained with, even if you aren't super depressed/stressed you will feel more emotionally labile and anxious for 2-3 weeks. It's all about sticking through it and getting to the six week mark.

Jesus man. Well...thanks for the heads up. My doctor didn't tell me that

Effexor works great. I just have to remember to take my Valium, Xanax, Ativan and Ambien and I don't have any worries.

Your doctor is just telling you what you want to hear, you fucking idiot.

You don't even have a real disease, it's just in his best interest to keep you believing you do, so you keep paying him.

You're a literal retard.

nah hes not wrong. I mean doctors care but they also care about making money

You're a moron if you think "depression" is a real disease.

Have fun setting money on fire to "treat" a disease that doesn't exist with medication that doesn't work.

fuck you

taking that shit for 20 years. Makes a big difference for me compared to before the medication but I still suffer badly. Missing a dose causes awful brain zaps and sickness. I found that a higher dose is no better than a lower dose. Should be used with cognitive behavioural therapy and regular old Freudian
talk therapy, as thinking of the shit you will tell your shrink at your appointment makes you more introspective as you live day to day. Thinking about yourself and your issues in the long run helps you get at root causation and alleviates some symptoms. In short, the drugs are helpful but not as helpful as the full range of therapy taken together. Not gonna lie it's not a cure but sure helps.

You're a fucking retard if you think it isn't.

Thanks, Dr.

> depression
> paying for Jewish pharma
They already have drugs for that stuff called alcohol and weed

If someone can fake your "disease" then you don't have a real disease, you fucking moron.

>trolling this hard

Yeah those worsen depression and anxiety, genius. I was an alcoholic for over ten years. It most certainly did not help.

If you have money OP, spend $600 on a Ketamine infusion.

You'll feel better instantly. And it lasts for around a month or two.

t. Retard

It sounds like you were an alcoholic. maybe you have an addiction problem. Stop being addicted to being a sad pussy all the time

this shit isnt called the Munchausen syndrome?

Feeling sorry for yourself isn't a mental disorder, retard. You're just a loser.

Protip: "Feeling sorry for yourself" is not depression. Now go kill yourself, retard.

Try the new alpha stim has been helping me out tremendously

wat

Psychiatrists are very quick to dole out meds because they want to believe it fixes people, but it just dulls you to life. If you're lucky it will curb some down times, but it will definitely curb feeling good, excitement, sex, pride in accomplishments. All the things that make life worth living will mean much less to you because your safety net keeps everything arms distance away. It's cliche, but there's no cure for life. Unless you're about to kill yourself, meds will only bring you down more. Moderate exercise has been proven to work better than any anti depressant, go out and start fighting for your life, no matter how bleak it seems right now.

Yep, they want to be sick so badly just so they can justify their failures that they make up diseases they can fake and they take actual medication to treat it, even though they never get better, or improve in any way.

It's amazing how many people actually treat "depression" as a real disease and buy "medication" for it as if they were treating a broken arm or something. These people need to be exploited, they're just too fucking retarded to function properly.

It's the "victim mentality" you hear about everywhere. You can bet 100% of these retards vote liberal.

The treat it as a real disease because it is a real disease, retard.

Say no to drugs

then technically they have a disease because the matter of faking a disease is a disease (?)

>being sad
>real disease

You people are fucking helpless.

I take Lexapro to help me with my chronic pain. Broke my back several years ago. I don't consider myself depressed, but the Lexapro definitely helps me to deal with my pain much better

Is a made up disease a real disease?

Being sad is not depression, retard.

Heroin is cheaper than effexor

is Munchausen syndrome considered as a disease? now im losing it

stop taking the ignoramus' bait

You're getting really defensive for someone who isn't faking a disease, mate.

fisherwallace.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhMjKBRDjxb31j-aesI4BEiQA7ivN-BbaczJxwWurQJaQxU4oMLRJn9qcRX8lRDfUUViOxJAaAqI38P8HAQ

I don't know what Effexor costs without insurance but I doubt this is true m8.

I'm just pointing out that you have no idea what you're talking about, retard.

>ignoramus' bait
Says the guy who claims his sadness is a mental disorder.

Fucking lol.

Maybe you people are mentally ill, after all.

Effexor user here, I took other anti depressants for over a year before with no real benefit but effexor actually helped really fast. Give it time to make a difference and if things get worse tell your doctor. Ive been off of effexor for almost a year and i only took it for maybe 6-8 months and i still feel good. Its different for everyone but I hope it works for you

do you have a gf?

if you take antidepressant pills how this affect you personality? i mean, do you look different for the people that know you?

>first world problems everyone

>paying for Jewish drugs that don't work
>2000+17

I'm just pointing out that you're desperately trying to justify your shitty behavior and inability to be liked by other people with a made up condition.

It's just way more convenient for you to claim you have a disease than actually work on yourself and improve your life the hard way, like everyone else. That's because you're a spoiled piece of shit who needs to be beaten up, to start acting like a fucking normal adult.

Yeah it can, it depends on how depression affects you. Ive had people tell me theyve seen a difference, it can be simple as you going out more

eat a foreskin

It's all made up, user. These medications work just about as much as placebo, and even placebo works better in some cases.

Look it up, seriously. I'm not asking you to take my word for it, these idiots actually believe they're treating a disease they don't even have, just so they can feel like victims and get other people to feel sorry for them.

I'd bet anything this faggot right here cries himself to sleep at night.

I'm on effexor and I feel amazing - no real side effects - I feel like myself now not like a unhappy slug - way better than ssri- the only thing I don't experience the like deep lows that I used to experience but shit that's a small price to pay for feeling great most of the time - good luck op! Also effexor is great because unlike ssri there is no weight gain and I don't feel airheaded like I did with every ssri

Does that mean I have "depression" too user?

Should I start taking pills to treat my "disease" too, user?

Thanks nigga, glad things are looking up for you.

>Ive had people tell me theyve seen a difference
in a bad or good way?

>he isn't denying it

Money for expensive medical drugs for depression might work better if spent on a PlayStation VR and weed and Marvel Legacy print comics

i think that i have anxiety and depression
should i take pills?

good way. I go out more, I crack more jokes, I laugh more, im not losing interest in stuff, im not moping around. Stuff like that. If you feel you need that kind of help go to a doctor and talk about it

Talk to a doctor

OP here. For everyone talking about money, I have a job and insurance. This shit cost me $15 to fill. I'm no richfag by any stretch but I'm good with that if it works.

>Justify your shitty behavior and inability to be liked
>Cries on Sup Forums about how medicine is a scam and insults others

>Muhhh medicine is a meme it doesn't work.
Go back to the cave

I don't know, man, if I can fake a disease and actually have a doctor prescribe drugs for it, I might as well start treating it now, just in case, right?

I hear drinking bleach is a great time tested home remedy.

What if I also have depression and you don't know, user. Don't you think your message would just make my depression worse? Why don't you show some compassion for a fellow sick individual, like you?

If antidepressants are a meme and people just act so they can get attention, why go through buying pills? I mean couldnt you soak up attention without them and still be perfectly fine?

Thank you user ya it's been the first time in like ten years I have had my life together. I work in an office and am about to get a promotion. I have a lot more self confidence in social interactions and talking to girls.

Can you still get an erection? My dick doesn't even work anymore and I'm worried the pills will make that even worse.

When you don't have a real disease, any medication can be just as effective as no medication.

I've been on effexor for almost 10years I'm as horny as ever. i'm an alcoholic too. i don't know how my pecker still functions

Wow that's impressive. I haven't had sex in two years and I hardly even jack off these days. When I do I'm not even all the way hard.

They want attention, user. You can't get attention if you can't pretend to be sick by taking some "real" medication, that unsurprisingly has about the same effect as placebo.

>If you feel you need that kind of help go to a doctor and talk about it
thanks user, i think i need to do that

what pills are you taking?

Im not on anything but i used to take effexor. I would talk to a doctor
Best of luck user

Does anyone here know how kratom affects depression and anxiety? I used to think this shit was great but now I think it's making things worse.

Fucking checked.

>medication for depression doesn't work
wow, color me shocked

It's not medication and the fact that you thought it was just proves you don't know shit and have no business speaking with authority on this subject.

maybe that's because depression isn't a real disease.

Could also be because kratom is a plant with effects similar to milder opiates. Not prescribed for depression or anything else.

cant talk about depression but kratom does make me feel good, when i take it.
but its kinda addicting i have to say.

Very addictive. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into tbh.