What's the worst fuck up you've seen a band do while performing live?

What's the worst fuck up you've seen a band do while performing live?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6WpnMVwng0g
youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
youtube.com/watch?v=moqXuuwK0J4
youtube.com/watch?v=5RKwWS4zljM
youtube.com/watch?v=6E4DB_Smchg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Paul McCartney fucked up the words to Yesterday when I saw him back in '02. He laughed it off though which was cool.

MC Ride throatfucking a 9 years old girl from the audience

one thing i learned about going to live shows, the singer can just about sing any lyric cos no one can understand a word in any loud venue

how much were the tickets?

edge lord

i went to a U2 show once they played their music, it was awful

this is very, very untrue
you may have never been to a live show

Fifty something. It was my first concert. I've seen him one other time since, and I'll be seeing him again twice later this month.

I saw Ariel Pink when he threw his tantrum at Coachella. Fuck Ariel Pink and fuck Coachella.

details

youtube.com/watch?v=6WpnMVwng0g

attention whore, manufactured drama faggotry

I saw Death Grips in Philadelphia, 2015. They were about to start Up My Sleeves when apparently Andy's Mac took a shit and they just had to stand there for a bit while it restarted. Some dipshit in the crowd yelled something like "but you aren't wearing any sleeves MC Ride" during the awkward pause. Until it started back up Ride paced around menacingly and Zach did some a bit of drumming.

Kind of glad it happened though. Everyone needed a break at that point. 10/10 show otherwise.

Not true by the way.

That hair looks gross.

piss off

this one time i saw a band that was playing music and enjoying it. wtf?

I remember seeing Outkast at Electric Picnic (in Laois) and they kept saying 'COME ON DUBLIN!' to the point that they got booed

wow that must have been interesting. i remember there being absolutely no breaks and constant energy when i saw them. i feel like a laptop crashing would deflate that a bit

Local band in Columbus opening for Menzingers, something was wrong with the lead singers guitar or something and he tossed it to the ground to grab another one and broke the fucking headstock on his Gibson SG. The dude was a total douche but holy hell watching that thing break was cringe inducing.

Al Jardine fucked up the entire first verse of I Know There's an Answer when I saw Pet Sounds 50th last year. Everyone laughed it off and they started the whole song over.

Gibsons, esp SGs, are so prone to headstock breakage

>mfw performing at a battle of the bands type thing
>mfw going hard into a sped-up Lead Belly cover
>mfw I shout so hard i start gagging and almost puke on stage, utterly fumble chords

I came in 2nd tho

Lead singer from Coal Chamber pushed one of the local tour prmoters off of the stage into the crowd after announcing it was that guys fault for the venue losing power for a few minutes resulting in the band losing their samples so they could not play. Crowd went nuts and started chucking crushed plastic cups at people for about 10 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk

I saw this performance live, absolutely dreadful.

michael gira broke a string and said "uh-oh spaghetti-o's"

Pretty good, not dreadful at all

He's just grooving to the music. I have never been able to understand the big hoopla people make about this.

>laptop shuts down
>entire band becomes completely debillitated

kek, and these are supposed to be one of the bands of the decade

>power goes out
>all acts using amps are wiped out
Kek, rock babbies never learn

Not really a fuck up but I saw Chance The Rapper live at Firefly festival a few weeks ago (yeah I know whatever) and the whole show was super awkward. Chance pretty much only played his newest stuff and the festival is an odd mix of people to begin with so a lot of people up close didn't know lyrics. Chances whole show is based around the audience rapping half the song for him and nobody would say shit when he held the mic to him Really awkward and not great at all.

A former friend playing with his band at a local venue.
He put a capo on his guitar, but he didn't put it on properly, and it bent the strings out of tune, so he started tuning his guitar. It took him like 5 minutes (it felt like 40 minutes), everyone just sitting in silence listening to him tune his guitar, cringing. Then when he took his capo off he had to tune it again.

I saw Lightning Bolt in 2012 and they blew out all the speakers in the first 25 minutes of the show, so they just ended the show there. It was kinda shitty, but I respect their need for volume.

truly epic desu

fucking pleb

he didn't put the capo on wrong, idiot. the added pressure from the capo on the strings causes the tuning to become sharp. from the way you worded it, he fucked up by not tuning silently while the other band members play filler music.

Saw Ariel Pinks Haunted Graffiti in 2010. Ariel tried to make out with this girl in the crowd but she wasn't having it so he just kind of awkwardly danced with the crowd for a bit

solid drummer
guitarist is kind of boring

No, if you don't clamp a capo directly down on the strings then you can make it shift the strings out of tune, like they're being bent. His guitar was in tune before he put it on.
Don't call me an idiot when you don't know what you're talking about, you weren't there man.

t. never played a guitar in his life

seriously, you're retarded.

probably put it on the wrong fret then tuned it and fucked everything up

maybe.

and what kind of pleb takes five minutes to tune? get a fucking snark.

why

Holy fucking shit you are a fucking tool.
You can literally google it retard, capos can pull the strings downwards if you don't put it on right. Any force on the guitar strings can move them so they are bent out of tune. You can do the same thing with your finger. Acting like this is impossible is ludicrous.

dumbass. applying any pressure like that to the strings makes the tuning sharp. you literally just said that in your post. why are you disagreeing with me?

Yes, out of tune, like I said in the original post.
You started disagreeing with me and calling me names for no fucking reason.

My band injures ourselves and breaks our shit all the time

I saw the Gotobeds once and the singer played his brand new (vintage) Epiphone Wilshire for a total of 30 seconds before the neck snapped in half near the glue joint. Did not look repairable and I felt really bad, it was such a sweat guitar.

This was actually one of my fave concert experiences:
>Governors Ball 2014
>Tanlines (indie pop duo w/ singer/guitar player and keyboard/laptop guy)
>Set is going well, music is super chill and fun so crowd was happy and vibing
>They start playing this one song and laptop guy's gear starts fucking up
>Overheating or some shit
>They keep stopping and trying again but gear keeps going shitty
>Bring out industrial fan to cool off gear
>Doesn't make a difference
>Some people start to leave but the crowd is being super supportive; cheering the band on and hoping they prevail
>We all want them to pull through so bad
>Guitar guy starts playing the song
>Laptop guy tries again and this time its working
>They look at each other like "well okay then"
>Crowd goes fucking nuts
>The song is awesome, everyone's loving it
>The band's victory made it that much more sweet
>Band gets through the whole song and ends their set to a huge ovation

re-read my first post, dumbass. here, i'll rephrase it since you're retarded.

from the way you worded your post, he didn't put the capo on wrong. he had to re-tune his guitar because the added pressure from the capo caused his tuning to become sharp. he had to re-tune again when he took his capo off because the released pressure caused the tuning to become flat.

Last time I saw them Gibson's cab started smoking and it smelled like soup. Chippendale also popped the head on one of his snares, which I'm honestly amazed doesn't happen to him more.

I've also seen Chippendale break more shit than you could ever imagine at Black Pus shows.

You're both fucking retards, his shit probably just wasn't intonated properly.

Then Norman Westberg took off his pants and sensually caressed Michael Gira.

kek

I was at a music festival and the Chainsmokers turned off the music mid set. Best part of the set to be honest

mainly local acts fucking up. this one band messing up song, and then restarting the song from the top. messes up the song again. starts again from the top

don't even start. unless they have overcompensated saddles on them, capos can throw off perfectly intonated guitars quite easily.

Electronic music and rock music is both shit for this reason. Have a nice collapse guys.

I love this sequence of events very much

That's awesome. How's Black Pus live compared to Lightning Bolt?

hey it was just a bunch of kids

meant to say compensated saddles

A local Richmond hardcore band opening for cky. Their guitarist did some weird jump thing (have no idea what he was going for) and the cable got caught on his foot and face planted. No catching himself either, face first and hopped up and just shook it off but you can tell he was hurt. You heard the thud over the music,a mic had to pick it up.

Police serve you your restraining order yet?

>he had to re-tune his guitar because the added pressure from the capo caused his tuning to become sharp. he had to re-tune again when he took his capo off because the released pressure caused the tuning to become flat.
This is true, and is a direct result of putting the capo on wrong. If instead of tuning after putting the capo on, he just took the capo off and put it on properly (with direct downward pressure on the strings, so none of the strings would bend) then the guitar would have remained in tune, while being shifted up however many frets was intended, as a capo is designed to do.

If he put the capo on correctly as you claim he did, he wouldn't have needed to tune it, it would not have been sharp, it would have stayed in the same tuning except in a higher key.
You seem to think putting a capo on requires re-tuning every time, as if this is a normal event. I suggest fixing your capo technique, because you shouldn't have to tune your guitar every time you put on or take off a capo.

no that was thor
norman just touches himself in the corner

I saw Grimes live last year. She apologized after almost every song for her bad singing. Toward the end, she ran off the stage during a song to go pee, then came back and finished the set.

Went to some cheap local show, one of the bands was particularly memorable. Half the dudes were wasted beyond coherence and their equipment wasn't set up properly. Eventually the lead singer shat himself and limped off the stage,

There was human shit still on the stage when the next band started

Yesterday some old drummer dude wanted me to come gig with him at 4th of July party. I knew it was a bad idea, but this guy really wanted me to be there, and he said it was only an hour long gig, so I said okay.

We show up, get set up, and start doing the first song we both knew, which was Watermelon Man by Herbie Hancock. The bassist was a beginner and got lost pretty quickly. The drummer said that he was "getting warmed up," but went and took a break for some reason. I did some light playing for a while just because I figure that's nice at a party if the band isn't the reason you're there.

Anyway, the drummer decides to take a 2 hour fucking break, and an hour into it I go and find him, and he's sitting down talking to some dudes. He takes out a plastic flask-shaped bottle of whiskey and a bottle of Coke he got from the party's kitchen. He puts like half the fucking bottle of that shit in a solo cup and fills the rest with Coke. This guy drinks it, and I knew right then he was making a mistake. He's old and like 5'4, he shouldn't be drinking like that before playing. Anyway, the dude sits around for an hour longer because apparently we were waiting on a guitarist to show up (he never did), then we say fuck it and get back to playing.

The drummer was at this point hit full force with the whiskey, and couldn't keep a steady pulse. He kept trying to do fills then throwing himself off. We get done with a song, and then he tells me to play a country polka kind of a thing, then he starts singing and impromptu ballad from the perspective of a dog which was half him screaming "woof woof" and asking the small audience to sing along (which they wouldn't), and half mumbling slurred love lyrics which ended the song with something about not eating someone's shirt.

After we got done playing, he came up to me and talked to me for 10 minutes about how cool and innovative our playing was and how we need to stay in touch. I packed my shit and left as soon as possible.

epic
nice
I like it
Sup Forums
your personal blog

youtube.com/watch?v=moqXuuwK0J4

At a NASCAR race I was at 30 Seconds to Mars had the power go out on them for a bit

nah, mate. could also be a shit capo. maybe the clamp doesn't open properly.

what do you think this thread is about

Stop this shitty meme

is that an abandoned church or school?

HOLY SHIT

lol canada

I saw Meatloaf live and he fell off the stool he was sitting on.

hope you know how to make your own strings and reeds

youtube.com/watch?v=5RKwWS4zljM

Don't think you can count this as a fuck up but I'm not sure where else to post this
As soon as this went down I went outside and was all like "lol nope"

You are both confirmed autists. Please stop and please vacate this board immediately

Lold at the woof part.

Saw a band called Amen (members of Snot) open for Fear Factory. Lead singer was utterly plastered and didn't dig the crowd reaction. Climbed a stage set to get everyone riled up. Instead he fell about 25 feet. That was the end of Amen's set.

supposedly the singer from Sigur Ros once forgot the words mid song, but because the lyrics are in Icelandic he kept going and sang something like "oh shit I forgot how the song goes but it's OK because I'm in France and nobody can understand me"

youtube.com/watch?v=6E4DB_Smchg

Danny Brown was completely drunk off his ass and mumbled over half the lyrics to most of the songs he performed, some to the point of literal gibberish

Then near the end of the show when he was a bit sober he just performed Dip 3 times in a row because he knew all the words to it

The whole thing was quite funny to watch, which is mainly why barely anyone left the show

probably paired up to a head with incorrect ohms

>laptops at shows
i understand why people do this, but there are much more reliable tools for the job.

This is great

Says fucking who? Critics?(

You took it like a champ user.
Now excuse me while I deepthroat your trips

Recently I saw Radiohead and they completely fucked up The Gloaming, everything was out of sync and it was a hilarious trainwreck

I saw dragonforce once and they played their most famous song at the time. Probably the through the Fire song. Anyway the get towards the end and the song suddenly stops out of nowhere and then starts back up a few second later. APPARENTLY this was the signal for the crowd to sing the final lines of the chorus or some shit and the singer got fuckin pissed. He then starts to explain to the audience that we were supposed to come in at that part and that we were all fucking morons. He nearly gets booed off the stage but turns around and they do one more song. Chimaera came on after and it kicked ass. Then killswitch engage came on and blew the fucking house down. He is legend opened.

That was more of your fuck up for going to see U2

this meme has been forced since 2011. let it die now.