ITT: What were they thinking?!

>we have this sci-fi concept where in two planets stays between each other in equilibrium, creating local gravity for each of its inhabitants
>it have great potential for cyberpunk-ish corporate conflict
>but fuck it, let us make a romance story out of it instead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jaUPyqvT76g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>we want the female audience

That's what they were probably thinking.

Because that science is so bafflingly retarded that only dumb teens would accept it

Reminds me of this

fuck off weaboo

This, it's been done, and at least Patema isn't as horribly mediocre.

Upside Down came first, ass.

Wait, I thought Upside Down went out before Patema?
>patema: 19 Now 2013
>upside down: 17 July 2013

>MY WIFE'S SON: THE MOVIE

that reminds me of that uh patema finds a way anime or whatever it was, like she came from that opposite world

They were thinking a boy falls in love with a girl.

yeah that anime

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Well, Pinky and the Brain did it first.

And, in an unrealated video, I want to say that the show sounds great in german!

youtube.com/watch?v=jaUPyqvT76g

Sorry, brain farted on when it came out.

Though, if you want to get technical, the ONA for Patema came out back in February of 2012

>M Night Shyamalan?
>M Night Shyamalan.

Would Sup Forums be okay with their true love being only accessible by phone? Like it's guaranteed you keep and hold on to true love but you will never see or touch them ever.

The more I read this the more I genuinely want to watch it. Is this an actual movie or something?

Live action Netflix adaptation when?

>DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

weakest part, how does drama ensue? do they start hating the ignorant counterparts who don't love them? how could resolution ever possibly be achieved unless they somehow cross universes?

Didn't they already make this movie?

>Juan Solanas
>Argentinian
>Son of a boring argie director

No surprise me. We only made shitty movies full of low blows

not a very good movie but I can appreciate it for the pretty outlandish concept.

It was the most horrible retarded and boring movie I've ever seen