I was fired today because I was keeping the change that customers left after they paid...

I was fired today because I was keeping the change that customers left after they paid. I took out their change (only the quarters and dimes) and put them on top of my till. It was only one time and i didn't even take very much (only like 65 cents total) and they said that was theft
Is there anyway I can fight this or should I start looking for another job (already am but i still want to fight this since I was an Asst Manager)

How the fuck could you fight that? It is stealing. It doesn't matter how little it was, since they'd have no idea where you'd stop. The point is that it's clear you have no qualms about it.

Don't do that.

because the customer left the change to me
he paid for his item and didn't care what happened to the change
but all of a sudden it belongs to the company?

>Is there anyway I can fight this
No, because they're right. You stole from them. That money did not belong to you.

so then if the customer takes his change he is also stealing from the store?

>but all of a sudden it belongs to the company?
Very likely, yes. Most stores have a policy where excess customer change goes to other customers.

No, it's his. A customer leaving his change does not make it yours.

but it makes it the stores?

Sadly that's not what matters. You taking the money raises questions about your ability to properly do your job. Especially cause you were management. And as asst manager you have far more access than cashiers. Dumb move man. Lost your job over a handful of change. Here's tits to make you feel better

Nor does it make it the stores.

i know
and the fucking stupid thing is i counted the safe everyday
had to count and deposit over 20k in cash
if i wanted to steal id have just stolen that and disappeared

and i was a customer i buy ciggs and drinks all the fucking time i just wanted to make sure i had the actual change for it but they got the money regardless

I always went by the rule if they say keep the change directly to you it's yours. Use to do it all the time, along with shorting customers change to buy myself free shit. I think my boss knew but if the register wasn't off he didn't give a fuck. Cheat the dirty nigs and spoiled children that come to blow a 50 on candy and chips.

I once lost a job for eating some candy that I was THROWING AWAY. back when I was assistant manager at CVS we would throw out candy 90. Days before its expiration date. It was store policy. I would rip open the bags and throw it into the dumpster. It was required I got caught in camera eating some of it as I threw it out and they canned me the next day. Utter bullshit.

More tits same girl

You're going to disappear with 20k in cash huh?

It likely does actually.

Fired for eating garbage kek.

i mean live in the fucking forest backpacking only coming out if shit got dire
that sucks man but at my store we write all that shit off and still get credit for it so that is stealing
i never over charged or ripped people off though man and i only did it the one time

Oh no doubt I get that and never did it again. Still though when you're sitting there throwing 20+ pounds of perfectly good food into the dumpster. It makes you think about the state of the world. Even before I was a manager when I worked in the deli I would throw away 5-10 fully coocled whole chickens pounds and pounds of food. Cake. Day old bread. And veggies that didn't look perfect. It's no excuse I know but it's still fucked.

I'm a fan of little titties how about you guys? Same chick

When I was working at a gas station stealing becomes second nature. Everyone did it my boss, managers, every other customer so you either steal or get stolen from. Plus it also adds a challenge to the mindless droning job of scanning items all day.

Lol love how OP asks a question then proceeds to argue with every answer he doesn't agree with. Typical of a scumbag thief who wasn't taught right from wrong. Enjoy being jobless, faggot. Hope it was worth 65 cents.

bretty good tits keep posting
and yeah i know man we would get homeless people all the time to get us to give them the food that wasn't even 2 hours old and we had to tell them no (and the credit we get is only like fucking 20 cents) so having to turn them down like that is pretty fucked
not for me man....i know a lot of people did but i never did man i was gunning for district manager lol
then i can just sit on my ass all day telling people how to do their jobs that i know nothing about lol
lol yeah but im just trying to prove a point....if a customer willingly leaves change to me then what makes it ok for the company to take it and not the employee actually doing the fucking job
the way i see it it is like a waitress getting tips.....what makes it ok for the company to start taking away their tips there isn't anything right with that
besides my manager was so upset over it she quit and got a job at some other place down the street and is getting me hired as Asst Manager again so it doesn't really affect me all that much

>be me about 23
>work for a huge truck stop gas station
>we had a huge deli counter where cooks would come in and make southern comfort food
>fried chicken, pulled pork sandwiches, sausage and biscuits, french frieds, and even pizza and burgers on occasion
>end of everyday there was alway a huge pile of food
>manager was an old guy in his 60's who happened to be a homosexual
>real nice guy, never acted gay or anything at work, but he would stand out and gossip with the girls on cigarette breaks
>guys tells me to but all the food in " trash bags "
>says once you get outside with it I don't care what you do with it
>throw half of it away
>keep all the stuff that was wrapped up
>mfw for almost a year I went home with a literal grocery bag everynight with pizza, roast beef, pulled pork sandwiches all kinds of shit
>mfw the cunt district manager saw that I was scanning my awards card to customers as a courtesy
>mfw they didnt tell me that the rewards card actually accrues real money you can use in the store later
>mfw every time I scanned my card to help person out with milk it puts 50 cent on my card
>mfw this bitch told me I had over 400 dollars on my card
>mfw the bitch stole my rewards card, stuck it in her pocket and fired me on the spot
>mfw bitch said she could have had me arrested..
>mfw that bitch probably kept all 400 bucks

fucking kek
that is so fucked dude

Yeah, that'd probably be my reaction too. You had a good gig going and as usual some female low-life had to come along and ruin it. Women are the worst especially when put in a position of power.

You are stupid.

You're Not bitter at all are you user.

She was a big fat southern bitch with fake hair and droopy fat cheeks named Lynette.

Always had a bad attitude, always talked shit to the gay manager. Called him fruity all the time to his face.

What a cunt she was.

How do these people maintain these positions of power while be so vile?

Ole gay man was trying to help me out, ole fat bitch trying to pull me back into poverty.

don't even get me started dude
i was the only guy at the store the rest were chicks and even at the other stores it was nothing but chicks
since i was the guy, they would make me do all the fucking extraneous shit like unload and stock the trucks and fucking clean people shit that they blew all over the fucking toilets because "i can't *gag* I can't do it its SOOOOOOooooo disgusting" no shit bitch

Yup that's usually the situation. Equal pay, unequal work for the men. All the heavy lifting, picking up the slack of the less efficient females...but hey, we're the ones with privilege hurrrrrrr.

Fucking cunts.

i know man
you've obviously never met one then lol

No way bitterness could be justified right? You saying someone is bitter supposed to shut down discussion or delegitimize what they've said somehow?

Fucking tard...

Its not theft

Did they directly hand you said change and say keep it or did you pull it out of their payment after they leave? If you pulled it out of their payment without their consent then it's the stores money, however if they hand you the change and say keep it I don't want it, then you're free to pocket it as they willingly gave it to you.

One is legal, the other is legitimate theft.

She's cute. Got more?

no i would pull out their change before hand
and say "here's your change"
"no that's cool"
toss the pennies and nickels back in and put the rest on my till

Lol no. Its not legitimate theft lmao. Idc what the store says or law. That extra shit is mine if it doesnt take out what the store is owed

Gtfo fapormie

>legitimate theft.

Its more or less up to the over-head's discretion, in this case the manager clearly had a bone to pick with OP and had her perfect chance to fire him.

This was conflict of interest, of which women are famous for.

Iv been a manager for years over a few gas stations, If you don't think I see every time a customer leaves their change and the employee pockets it then you retarded.

65 cents no big whoop.

6 dollars, now thats different.

Odds are the employees go buy drinks and cigarettes with it anyway and it goes right back to the store anway.

The problem is that cash is easy to manipulate. You have customers legitimately leaving their cash ("keep it") and you can have cashiers purposely handing the wrong change back to the customer.

You can have a fast food cashier take an order and add more $ to it and keep the excess.

So how you fight this is to have a no BS policy. ANY cash mishandled means you're gone. Period.

In OP's case the money belonged to the store, not him. I'm sure the store does not report tips and therefore cannot legally condone tipping.