I just watched them after years of not even thinking of them, and they wern't nearly as bad as I remember them

I just watched them after years of not even thinking of them, and they wern't nearly as bad as I remember them.

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2003/05/20/tank-sues-matrix-filmmakers-unplugging-him
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not at all user. The disappointment from wathcing them after first one does leave a bad taste in your mouth, but regardless they pretty good. Revolutions being the worst of all, is still kinda enjoyable.

By today's standards they're kino

Revolutions wasn't just kinda enjoyable, it was really fucking cool.
Niobe piloting mechanical was fuckin rad
the humans piloting mechs and fighting the machine swarm was fucking rad
the train man and the weird transgayrobotclub shootout scenes were cool
the final battle with smith and neo was fucking rad too

The only part about Revolutions that I didn't like was Neo not being able to recognize Bane is Smith even though he already made it incredibly clear.
I get Trinity not recognizing him because she never had many face to face confrontations with him, but c'mon Neo,

i actually saw the second one first

Reloaded is a decent movie for the most part

>tfw read the"leaked" script before watching reloaded convinced it was real

I really like all of them. I don't actually think I'd rate any above any other.

The Matrix = The Animatrix = The Matrix Reloaded = The Matrix Revolutions

Reloaded is good because they really gave it their all for the action scenes. They still gave a shit even if it can't touch the first.

Revolutions is so forgettable I tend to get the name itself wrong half the time. I call it "Revelations" before correcting myself.

Who was Seraph?
The club guards call him wingless, the merovingian calls him the prodigal son, what was his history with them?

The Matrix - 8/10
Reloaded - 9/10
Revolutions - 7/10

He protects that which matters most

but why was his coding gold?

He was a previous "One"

but the oracle confirms Neo's guess that he's a program from the machine world.

A 'seraph' is a particularly high up in the hierarchy angel. I think that he's either a super-powered program granted complete discretion whose job is to keep the matrix from completely falling to pieces from within or an outsider like Neo who has somehow mastered the program.

The prodigal son left and then returned, and wingless could be a reference to satan and his followers being cast out of heaven. The Wachowski people get very heavy with their Gnosticism but it's hard to tell how much of it is genuine subtext and how much is just them fucking around with cool sounding names and ideas.

One more theory to tie this off, oh look beat me to it. Some people think that the events of The Matrix are a part of a cycle and Seraph was the man who was chosen to play Neo's role in a previous cycle, and is still kicking around, either because he was chosen to serve a new purpose or because he's so strong that nobody can stop him.

And who confirms that Neo isn't a program from the machine world?

He is described as the personification of a sophisticated challenge-handshake authentication protocol which guards the Oracle. As a challenge handshake authentication protocol, Seraph is effectively a login screen that fights the user to authenticate their identity.

On August 13, 2007, it was revealed that Seraph had been an Agent of the first iteration of the Matrix (the Seraphim), who resembled angels. He had ended up in the employment of the Merovingian, where he had remained for some time. After an unknown period of being an enforcer for him, he had rebelled, and had been tortured, his wings removed. It has not been revealed how he escaped.

1. Neo doesn't glow gold inside the Matrix
2. The Matrix (1999)

>The Matrix - 10/10
>Reloaded - 1/10. The effort
>Revolutions - 2/10.

Clearly your blind

>Some people think that the events of The Matrix are a part of a cycle

When's the last time you've seen the movie? That's not a theory, that's directly referenced in the dialogue with the Architect and the Oracle.

Also Seraph isn't that strong, Smith assimilates him and the guards and merovingian do not fear him.

That more or less makes sense with what everybody calls him and how he's treated.

>
>1. Neo doesn't glow gold inside the Matrix
so?
>2. The Matrix (1999)
What?

First one still holds up, and honestly probably always will. It's a classic.

The other two are absolute fucking dogshit. On multiple levels. One of the worst tanking of a franchise in history.

>when's the last time you've seen the movie
a longass time ago

>Smith assimilates him
shit really? I don't remember that.

We see where Neo came from, he jacks in and out of the matrix like the other humans.
He's not a program, he's human.
Unless you mean his "mind" being a program, but at that point every human would be a program from the machine world and it would no longer be a point of distinction.

The original line of that questioning was why did Seraph glow gold, Neo being from the machine world wouldn't answer that because he doesn't glow gold either.

First one is kinda cheesy actually.
"YO EVERYONE, MORPHEUS IS FIGHTING NEO"
>everyone stops what they're doing and scampers to go watch the machine code of them practicing in a dojo

you think when neo flies away and everyone lived happily every after was a good ending?

also rage against the machine is shit

My thinking was that since we see that people can have their minds programmed or stolen or whatever from within The Matrix who's to say that Neo isn't a personality uploaded by the machines in place of who he really was?

As for gold I don't know. Seraphs are meant to appear burning in mythology, so it's probably a reference to that. What it means in Matrix lore I'm not so sure. I think the canon explanation is what was already posted somewhere else ITT, that he's a left over agent-type program from the first iteration of the matrix, and that if others were to show up they'd appear as he does.

The Architect confirms that Neo's existence and the existence of the previous ones are just an accident that they can't account for.

If they uploaded a new personality into Neo, they would have made that clear to the audience, these movies have a lot of subtlety but they're pretty direct when it comes to who is who.

After watching Revolutions again I realized the only reason I hated it is because the volume was up way too loud in the theater and it made the climax unbearable to sit through

I suppose that's reasonable. I think they missed out by not raising the issue though. It's a very Phillip K. Penis-esque concept.

It made perfect sense
Morpheus us their leader and he'd been telling them neo was the one for ages

They live on a ship with less square footage than your first apartment and eat the same gruel day in day out

You don't think they'd scramble to watch that shit?

They do raise the issue though, with Bane and him having his mind being copied over by Smith.
The Doctor on the Logos even goes over his Neural patterns and is like "man he's not on drugs but his mind is fucked up by something"

There's brain-jacking, but no real doubt or anything behind it, it's more of a subterfuge subplot than anything dealing with identity.

Although I enjoyed each less than the last, I did enjoy them all.

And reloaded had some of the best action scenes ever. The entire highway sequence alone justified it's existence

The Matrix - 8.5/10
The Matrix Reloaded - 6.5 or 7/10
The Matrix Revolutions - 4/10

Well, the sequels already have so much shit on their plate, why even raise that particular issue?

That makes sense, it really would have had to have been there from the beginning to feel right.

Unless you use words these posts are pointless.

>Unless you use words these posts are pointless.

Eat shit

that's more like it, much better than

>unless you use words these posts are pointless
3.9/14

the sign of a pleb

Doesn't it make more sense that Seraph-Smith would be a better challenger for Neo than Oracle-Smith? This Buu Saga shit confounds me

Actually there are screen around that show them as they are seen in the matrix in that scene.

Oracle smith has Oracle's vision with Smith's fighting skill.

It doesn't matter who smith inhabits, each individual smith has his aggregate fighting ability.
They picked oracle smith literally because he already saw the future and knows that he's the one who beats Neo.

This. That's why the rest of him just sit back and enjoy the show. Revolution was beautiful as was Reloaded. The first was kinda boring comparatively.

were bdsm leather clubs actually a thing in the 90s?

Yeah but then everyone got boring and catered to the LCD.

I remember liking the second one as a kid. It had some really cool fight scenes. But Neo and Trinity just aren't interesting enough as main characters to hold up 3 movies. You don't give a shit about them and their 'love', very little chemistry.

I cared about their love.

me too

>Mr. Anderson! I see you are as predictable in this world as you are in the other?
>Bane, what do you want.
>I want what you want, Mr. Anderson.
>.....What?
>There is nowhere I can't go, there is nowhere I won't find you.
>Who are you?
>Still don't recognize me, Mr. Anderson?
>No.
>JESUS CHRIST I'M AGENT SMITH YOU FUCKING RETARD! I TOOK OVER BANE'S BODY!!!!
>.........Bane?
>Aye.

It would have been better if instead of saying
>Who are you
he said
>How is this possible?
The lead up to that line I thought Neo was already aware he was talking to Smith.

You see that's the problem with the One, every power Smith had was Neo's. But Neo never thought to use any of it. Neo could have become viral and infect every NPC and agent even machine, if he wanted. He could have taken over the world and the matrix and technically save everyone by becoming everyone. Never entered his mind, not even for a moment.

As the Architect said, although the process has enhanced you or made you more than you are by far you still remain irrevocably, human.
Neo was wireless before but by gaining access protoocols to the source he could now touch everything that originated from the source. And even then he still only ever self destructed them.

If you'd remember from the first film, because Neo was obviously autistic he was, as the Oracle put it, "not all that bright though."
When the Oracle said to him, "I can see why she likes you." And Neo ask, "Who."

The freeway scene in Matrix Reloaded is still one of the greatest action scenes ever.

Reloaded on the whole was better than the Matrix. People only bitched about it because Morpheus bitched about a prophecy even when he knew the Oracle only ever tells you exactly what you NEED to hear.

>Every power Smith had was Neo's
Neo never demonstrated the ability to overwrite someone else with his mind.

Smith's abilities were a result of his corruption, his corruption stems from his continuous attempts to re-balance an equation that was disrupted by Neo. He literally can not understand how Neo can be more then the sum of his parts, he keeps trying and trying and thinks he understands whats going on but it's wrong.
Like in the scene where he tosses Oracle's cookies at the wall, his diatribe afterwards is him struggling to understand why she would bake a bunch of cookies and place them neatly on the table if she knew he was going to toss them at the wall.
Smith doesn't get it.

Smith isn't about understanding or reasoning. He was a purpose driven creature that was robbed of a purpose by Neo---Finding Zion. When Neo deleted his avatar he gained a new purpose care of Neo's equation. Only Smith decided to take the easy route and replace all with himself thereby, balancing the equation forever.

Smith doesn't care to get it. Never did. Only the Oracle is obsessed with understanding. Architect and Smith, doesn't care to.

Smith's actions are also a result of his choices after being faced with Neo.
>I knew what I was supposed to do after you came back to life but I didn't want to.
>I was compelled to stay
>Compelled to disobey

A large part of the matrix sequels is trying to understand why people make the choices they make, so understanding does play into Smith's character, everyone is trying to understand the choices they try to make.

> post yfw the first time you watched The Second Renaissance

i just watched the highway chase from reloaded and the last half hour of the 1st one due to this thread.
god damn, i wish i was as cool as morpheus.
the part when he says "he is the one" at the end, and the music kicks in, is one of my favourite moments in film.
so awesome it brings tears to my eyes.

and revolution isn't that bad, neo and trinity going into the machine city is brilliant.

>Second Renaissance
>The two robot dignitaries holding hands when they come to the U.N.
>Revolutions
>Neo and Trinity holding hands as they come to the Machine City

>it brings tears to my eyes.
faggot

>Neo not being able to recognize Bane is Smith

bane?

No it wasn't. See it that way:
You go to the movies or get a dvd/vhs of matrix for the first time. You have heard so little for it so far. You watch the first scene, Trinity against the cops, the chase sequence etc then the whole movie. It absorbs you. It's literally 2deep4u. "The whole world is an illusion", the redpill/ bluepill scene, later superpowers inside the simulation with great action scenes. It was groundbreaking.
As an action movie Reloaded may be better, yes, but it didn't even come close to how great The Matrix as an experience.

Ironically even Zero One, the Deus Ex Machina wonders about its choices. You're spot on.

I was there to watch them all in theaters and I am here to tell you that as deep as the Matrix was, Reloaded was a better movie and Revolutions was an even better movie. Tellme, ifyou can, what was wrong with Reloaded or Revolutions. Okay the zion part sucked ass in Reloaded. The group fag dance was really bad. But other that it was nice.

i've always found it strange that they all know how to read the raw matrix code and see it as video in their minds, yet they watch the dojo fight on a shitty 3" monitor with low frame rate

Was this the movie series that made that wachowski brother go cuckoo?

This has always been my theory on why people don't like the sequels (although I've always loved them)

The first movie is split into 2 parts, the first half plays like a really good Twilight Zone episode, as we follow neo learning that his world is a simulation. Then the 2nd half is light sci-fi mixed with a Jackie Chan movie

For the sequels, they couldn't really do another big reveal like that, since they've established the scenario and main characters (although they could have, if they went with matrix within a matrix), so they just did sci fi Jackie Chan the whole way thru. If you like that style, they are great films with great action scenes and some interesting dialogue. However I can totally understand how people are put off because they were expecting some more Twilight Zone 'whoa' factor

Thats cause they (especially the 2nd) are pretty good. It was the contemporary equivalent or reddit that condemned these movies to popular hatred

...Bane?

Revolutions isn't great but aging CGI aside Reloaded is fantastic.

>wachowski brother

they're both sisters now

THE FLIGHT PLAN I JUST LISTED WITH NIOBE LISTS ME, THE LOGOS HERE, NO AMMUNITION, AND ONLY ONE OF YOU

this guy ruins the movies for me.

Tank was a much better character.

I legitimately enjoy the 2nd movie the most. I'm not going to say it's the best or not, but it's the one I like to watch the most.

if only he didn't steal from the set of the first movie, we could have had him in all 3

yeah I know right,
he was a strong likable character

>agent smith was able to go into the real world
Literally what the fuck is this shit

he possesses one of the red pills and uses his body in the real world.

The guy playing the possessed dude was an agent smith impersonator

Chateau and beyond is pure action bliss.

>Morpheus fighting the ghost twins with a Katana and an Uzi

I want more Morpheus

Morpheus and Neo back in action next year John Wick 2 niggas

>Niobe piloting mechanical was fuckin rad
>the humans piloting mechs and fighting the machine swarm was fucking rad
>the final battle with smith and neo was fucking rad too
Doooood that's like totally far out rad man wooooah 4/20

Reboot Matrix when?

>rebooting when they did it right the first time

Matrix 4 is the only answer bro

dope ass dank ass funk ass punk ass dude

Really>
Holy shit I never knew that?
Is there a link somewhere?

ew.com/article/2003/05/20/tank-sues-matrix-filmmakers-unplugging-him

he didn't steal shit he was just crazy

Nothing's wrong with them. I didn't say there was ,though compared to the others I found Revolutions kinda boring, Zion preparations and the battle were fine, but I didn't find Neo's Journey and the last fight that interesting. But I like them all, with the original better than the rest for the reason I told you.

Maybe I am young and he Matrix was long released when I first watched it, but ultimately the feeling was that for me, I guess same goes for the others.

>In an interview with Entertainment Weekly a few years ago, Chong said that after he was fired, he had crashed a press junket, harassed the directors by phone, and sneaked into the ”Matrix” offices on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, Calif., and pilfered food. In any case, ”Matrix Reloaded,” which earned $134.3 million at the U.S. box office in its first four days of release, doesn’t seem to have been hurt by Chong’s absence.

Well, he technically took food