Hey guys, so I've been trying to lose weight lately. i'm like, 224 and 5 ft 3

Hey guys, so I've been trying to lose weight lately. i'm like, 224 and 5 ft 3.

any advice like what foods or exercises to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Foods: eat less.
Exercises: do more.

I know that sounds fucking dumb and obvious, but that is the answer. Stop eating shit that's full of calories and start doing exercises that work you. I'm a fan of plyometrics and full-body exercises myself.

You don't need exercise. Just eat less.

If you eat less but don't exercise, your metabolism can slow and your body will try to conserve fat and eat your muscle instead.

Don't eat dairy, mainly processed cheese.
Run
Now you are done

> /fit/

No, that's bullshit unless you're like below 5% bodyfat.

50 pushups in 30 days

Keep track of what you eat and do. Try to not eat more than you need. You should lose weight that way.

Turn 360° and walk away.

Word. The only people I've ever heard say that are fat.

Eat less, lose weight. Simple.

thats like 2 pushup a day. souns good to me

1) Find BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) using a calc like scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
2) Set daily caloric intake as close to BMR as you want, but NOT below
3) Keep track of what you eat and don't exceed your target, using something like www.fatsecret.com
4) Exercise more to increase the deficit and keep your body from metabolizing muscle. Do strength training! Cardio should only support.

It's what I did. Lost 20kg over a 3/4 year or so. Changed my eating habits slowly, at the start I ate whatever as long as I did meet my caloric goal. Good luck!

Is it? I'm the guy above me. I suppose you'd have to go below BMR to lose muscle...? Never cared much about that, exercise helps anyway.

>i'm like, 224 and 5 ft 3.

jesus fucking christ! you're a fat fuck! 224 and 5'3"?! i'm 250 at 6'3" and i'm overweight. what the fuck is the matter with you, you ham-planet - do you eat a tub of mayonaise for every meal?

or, let me guess... "it's muh genetics"?

You always lose muscle but you lose less if you exercise. You won't gain any fat or stop losing fat if you eat too little. Your metabolism slows down somewhat if you cut too much, but you won't significantly stop losing weight. "Starvation mode" is a widespread myth that fatties use to cheat on their diet.

Don't drink soda drink a lot of water

I seemed to make small gains during my time cutting, but I suppose that's because I didn't exercise before. If anything, it evened out my muscle mass somewhat. As for starvation mode - it does seem to make some sense. If your body is massively undersupplied it would make sense to shut down and conserve as much as possible.

I've always regarded the few cheat days I had as more of a psychological than a physiological thing, though.

>it would make sense to shut down and conserve as much as possible
That's what the myth is based on. You will feel weak and be sensitive to cold, may get headaches and whatnot. However, your body still needs to sustain itself and will burn those calories no matter what.
I'm 6'5" and weighed 187lbs. I cut 1-1.5k calories a day for a month and lost 31lbs. A lot of it muscle but still.

No sugar.
Period.
That includes glucose.

You'd assume that the body would start to save energy where it can. Being cold probably equates to less muscle activity, headaches could be less circulation but... I don't know. Thanks for the pointers, going to read up on it some more.

>5,3
What's to accomplish by losing weight?

this is OP here!! i'm female btw c:

Oh, wait. Maybe we didn't talk of the same thing. I implied that "starvation mode" slows weight loss somewhat / a bit, not completely halt it (which is obviously bullshit and was the first Google hit).

For fast
Ignore hunger after meal, also do 120-130 sit-ups a day, if you can make your whole day just 2 plates full

you know the rule

You don't really need to excercise if your only target is to lose weight. Straining your body can slow down your weight loss attempts. (More burn -> body needs more calories -> body preserves energy)

Just drop all juice, drink water for thirst and low fat milk for when you eat.
Drop all salty and high fat products with much carbs like potato chips, french fries and the like.
Go for fiber, protein for your main dish and fuckload of salads. If you can't eat salads as they are, pick up a low calorie salad dressing and use that shit conservatively.
Fiber and especially salads are there to keep the hunger away. Calculate your calorie intake from wikipedia "weigt loss" article and go 50% off the calorie intake per day. Eat regularly, 4-5 times a day, little at a time.
Drink whenever you're feeling thirsty, not to much at once. Feeling of hunger has much to do with how full your stomach is, you'll want to keep meal size small in order to return your stomach to its normal size. Hunger won't feel as bad then. You can also use a tight belt to add pressure on your stomach to feel less of the hunger. First two weeks of this routine will feel mostly sad, and you'll feel angry and tempted to "fuck it all" but if you really want to lose weight this is the easiest possible method.
I lost 32kg in 4 months with this "diet". After you reach your target weight, remember to adjust your diet: you can add more carbs and fats to your daily meals but calculate your overall calories so you're always at a ballpark of 85% of daily requirement. Why? The cells in your body that preserved fat have not gone anywhere, they're merely empty, waiting for more extra fat to be introduced to the system. This is largely the reason people can't say fit after losing weight.
I would advice starting a regular workout schedule after reaching your target weight, you'll want to make up that lost mass with muscle, it'll look so much better with all that loose skin.

Duhh.. what else. You can do it