What's the purpose of that thing?

What's the purpose of that thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

cumincad.architexturez.net/system/files/pdf/e5a2.content.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Le witty robot

It reflects light at a higher speed than normal. This causes the cameras to receive more light thus creating a higher definition image. It's used on most movies these days.

it's so you can spot the niggers trying to get a five finger discount

the movie is actually a secret Phantasm sequel

Wow, that's incredibly wrong.

It's for visual effects - used for reflection/lighting reference. It's often accompanied by a matte grey ball too.

It's a light sphere. You film it from each direction to measure the HDR illumination of a scene. Then you send the images to the guys in post and they CGI characters can be illuminated with the same light as the real actors.

this is correct

source: i work in the industry

Gr8 b8

>trying this hard

Not as hard as you.

nuh uhhh

It's a disco ball for their industry mandated dance breaks.

its for the 360 instagram pictures

so hip and cool! And trendy!! i love it!

Here's the paper: cumincad.architexturez.net/system/files/pdf/e5a2.content.pdf

It watches you masturbate.
It used to be square,but it is such filled with data that it balloned up.

>It reflects light at a higher speed
So it looks physics in in the eye and says "no you don't!"
Also fuck you

cool, i learned something neat today

>HDR illumination
Splain please.
I just assumed it a reference point,but a blatantly 3 dimension one.

nice try creationist

The eye is very sensitive to small contrast changes so you try to capture as high dynamic range as you can so as to make the illumination look realistic. The shiny part is used for specular light and the matte part is used for the ambient/Lambertian component.

>It reflects light at a higher speed than normal.
Someone inform Stockholm.

Screens can only represent light from 0-1 or from black to white but the real world light goes well beyond white, so for special fx it's important to have a representation of how much energy a light is putting out for calculating lighting. or there abouts

In technical terms a typical digital projector is expected to go from 24 nits for white to 0.024 nits for black. The new Dolby Vision Projectors can do 48 nits white but I don't know the black level.

Not a marvel movie bro.