Post evolution pictures n shiet

post evolution pictures n shiet

Anything goes, as long as it displays evolution

Explain this to me. Why do the dinosaurs born with bigger and bigger wings and feathers survive over the ones with smaller wings UNTIL they are big enough for flight? It's not an advantage until it can fly, and even once they are big enough, the bones are not hollow and the brain isn't wired to handle flight.

Wing-assisted wall running. Evolution does not have goals, flight is just a coincidence.

>Wing-assisted wall running
What a leap! How the fuck does that give specimens of a species like that enough of a survival edge that the entire wingless species didn't survive but they did?

What advantage would hollow bones give to a flightless creature?

They used them for gliding from tree to tree like flying squirrels

same question applies
>They used them for gliding from tree to tree like flying squirrels
once the wings were big enough, they could have. but why did the slightly larger feather specimens outlast the slightly smaller feather ones when the differences were minor?

They started as displays to attract mates, grew bigger and showed an alternative use. Creatures with lighter bones can also move a lot faster, so the became less and less dense.

pure conjecture. faith-based belief system. you'll never criticize it because you're indoctrinated. good day

Chill. Look, I'm no zoologist. It's just a possibility and it could be useful in some enviroments.
It might also be useful to keep the balance while running - modern ostriches do that.
The crappiest reason I can come up with is it was for display. It was just a random trait which randomly evolved to allow flight.

I mean it just seems logical to me, I'm not claiming I was there or anything. But you obviously were just asking the question to make some kind of point.

double dubs checked

Entelognathus, noice. Pity not many here know its significance. Paleontologistfag reporting in.

Since your are a paleontologistfag could you explain me something?
Did modern jaws and teeth evolve independently?

i always wanted to be a paleontologist. now i just kill mice for science

Feathers are in fact far too highly evolved to occur for flight alone. Early feathers we're thought to insulate and to offer better breeding displays. Feathers we're already highly evolved before any flight/gliding application.

I knew this image would be here.

its ADAM AND EVE not ADAM AND STEVE okay?? Smh atheists...

Here is a form of evolution.

There are no proofs of logic. There is no proof of reason. all beliefs are possible. All ideologies rest on faith. But do you really have the discipline to find no belief structure more ridiculous than your own? If not shut the fuck up hippocrit.

Yes, teeth have evolved independently several times. Take the teeth of sharks, they are modified skinteeth, which we call denticles.

Funny enough, the first fossil sharks are ordovician, known from denticles alone. No teeth have been found, which suggests they had jaws but no significant teeth.

Oh, thank you. Going to take a screenshot. Also, any thoughts on obtusacatnthus? I think you are talking about it but I didn't manage to fing any info on it.

I want this chart to be good but it is lacking and incorrect in the few subjects that I know well enough to judge.

Obtusacanthus is a bit younger, but yes it is the same idea as i mentioned. However, it gets stranger when you consider that there are jawless fishes with teeth. And even more if you look at jawless fishes who have denticles on the inside of the body. An interesting group in this respect are the thelodonts.

Thelodonts are jawless fishes from the silurian and devonian who, just like sharks,, have a body covering of denticles. Except they also got denticles on the inside of their mouth and down their throat, so it supports the idea that teeth were there before jaws.

bigger wings, more pussy

Interesting. This whole situation with obtusacanthus and entelognathus just confused me.
Thank you for taking your time to help.