Guardiola: Spurs are the only side that outplayed us

>“At White Hart Lane Tottenham were much better,” Guardiola said. “In the other games I don’t feel that feeling that the opponents were much better.

Guardiola admits Chelsea may be too far ahead for Man City to catch

>“In football, like in basketball, like in tennis, you have to put the ball inside the net. In the balance of how you create, how you concede, they punish us.”

standard.co.uk/sport/football/pep-guardiola-claims-tottenham-were-the-only-team-to-outplay-manchester-city-this-season-a3441141.html

What went right?

>like in tennis, you have to put the ball inside the net
That's literally the opposite of tennis

>“In football, like in basketball, like in tennis, you have to put the ball inside the net.
>like in tennis
>you have to put the ball inside the net
>like in tennis
>ball
>inside the net
>in tennis
>tennis
>ball
>net
>you have to
>net
>the ball
>in tennis
>inside the net
>Guardiola said.

What kind of next level faux-tennis genius bullshit

>muh possession
>we lost 4-0 but we got muh possession so we weren't outplayed

>implying he wasn't utterly dominated by everton

christ, he's really lost it. everton played city off the park in periods of the game. the same with chelsea.

Are you Stewart Lee?

would like to play poop at tennis desu

No, who's that?

>go to La Liga
>coach the best squad in the league
>coast it every year

>go to Bundesliga
>coast it every year

>go to the Premier League
>get PEPSPOSED in your first season

Can there be any doubt that the Premier League is the best league in the world?

>feel that feeling

>BTFO 4-0
>not outplayed

A comedian who's so good at comedy that nobody laughs

but he doesn't coach Leicester

Possession is a meme statistic. The only good chance that City really had was Silva in the first half.

Citeh just passed the ball around listlessly, while whenever Everton got the ball it felt like something would happen.

Okay. Well, I'm not him, so yeah.

>tfw to intelligent for englel

>In the other games I don’t feel that feeling that the opponents were much better.

city still lost.
thats all that matters.

>A team with John stones as a starter is considered THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE

>go to La Liga

Except Barça didn't have the best squad when he took over. It was full of washed up has-beens like Ronaldinho and Deco

>tfw to intelligent too teach your players preventive defending

I don't think pep has ever watched tennis

is guardiola having a mental breakdown?

Hahaha, did he really say this? What a fucking idiot he is.

>mfw too smart for tennis

tfw to intelligent too say correct things

>tfw you don't inherit by far the best team in the league and subsequently get exposed for being nothing more than a handsomer roberto martinez

To an englishman maybe. They are not very intelligent. Pep is. He's very intelligent.
Of course your results will not always be exactly what you deserve in the short run. It's called variance. He'll probably get more points in the second half of the season, while Chelsea f.e will get less.

yes

that's not how statistics work

>city
>4th the previous year
>adding the absolute cancer that is stones
>best squad in the league

Didn't look twice at that part of the statement, probably because who cares enough about tennis to know the rules

>not being intelligent enough to purposefully aim for the netting in order to psyche out your opponents and subsequently win

no wonder you fucking scrubs have no la liga medals

Is Guardiola one of us, Sup Forums? Autistic and prone to spilling spaghetti at times

You mean there is no variance in a game of football? Strange opinion

Not quite yet, but he's on a good way I would say.

No, the first set of results do not subsequently affect the second set of results in a system. Because team X did badly in the first half does not imply therefore they will perform above the average for the second half. You don't even need to think particularly hard to verify this for yourself.

He himself bought John Stones, and before the season started everybody agreed about City having the best squad in the league, which is still true to be honest

Of course it doesn't mean they'll automatically overperform
They got less than they deserved, if they play the same way they'll probably get a few more points, and Chelsea will get a few less.

oh i see what you're saying.

Autism

>Washed up has beens like the greatest players of their generation

You do know players decline, right? Ronaldinho in 2009 was a shell of his former self. He partied too much. At his prime he was one of the best in his generation, but when Pep arrived he was dead weight.

But what do stupid Aussies know about football anyway, Tim Cahill is a faggot.

And Messi and Xavi and Iniesta and Puyol etc

surprised he knows about tennis. Thought he would be really confused as to why the players keep giving away the ball instead of keeping possession.

Still not the best team in the league. A team with a lot of potential, but the year before Madrid had won the league very, very comfortably.

>la liga
>best squad
Had finished 15 points from #1, 2 points above #4 and #5, two years without winning shit

>surprised he knows about tennis
Fuentes probably talks about Nadal a lot

Is he "defending is easy" v2?

And then Messi happened. Nothing to do with Pep.

Of course the team had potential, but it's ridiculous the way some people say Pep didn't have anything to do with it.
He sold the two best players apart from Messi, promoted two literal whos and turned them into world class players and made the team go from the pozich you wrote to an immediate treble.

He's a manager tailored for Barcelona. He's garbage everywhere else for a reason.

And Busquets... and Pedro... who Guardiola promoted full time to the first team.

He won the treble in his first season, something Rijkaard couldn't do.

>B-b-but muh easy team, Pep did nothing

Here's the real question:

>If Poop was managing Chelsea where would they be in the table?

Holy fuck you're the most autistic poster on here

They'd have John Stones and Pep couldn't manage alpha's like Terry, Costa, etc. so far lower.

How many titles is Poop Guardiolel's Shitty going to win this season boys?

Actually, not withstanding its shitty-ness, it's arguably got the best squad in the PL, or at least on par with Chelsea. But

>Poop
>expect him to win anything without 2010 Xabi, Iniesta and Messi in his team
>ever

Aaayyylmao

Worse than mouyes in his last season.

>XaBi

I feel like that's a bold statement.

Messi happened because Guardiola built the team around him and kicked out Ronaldinho and Deco in the process. He also prevented Xavi from being sold, made Iniesta an instrumental player, had the balls to play Busquets over Yaya Toure, kicked out Thuram and Zambrotta and went with Alves and most importantly Piqué.

Pep having it easy at Barcelona when he created that team is by far the dumbest IRL meme that exists in football.

Pep will win nothing this season, not one trophy. Unless he spends £300M during the summer, he probably won't win anything next year.

Idiocy. Best player in the world drops into your lap, get credit for building team around him.

Pep is a destroyer if he has the best team in the world, shit with teams that are not historically great. Why is he important, again? 20 other coaches couldn't replicate his results with his teams?

No meme: Pep is exposed in the Prem.

explain the too smart meme please?

>tfw to smart for memes

>I keep scoring goals and the referee shouts 'fault' and 'double fault'
>B-b-but I'm keeping possession
>Why is the referee sat in Messi's high chair?
>My feet hurt

>tfw two intelligent for memes

>Pep is a destroyer if he has the best team in the world, shit with teams that are not historically great. Why is he important, again? 20 other coaches couldn't replicate his results with his teams?

I's funny how we see so many people with your mentality when there are so many examples of mediocre coaches taking great teams and failing with them:

Benitez with Madrid
Benitez with Napoli
Martino with Barca
AVB with Chelsea
Benitez with Inter
Klinsmann with Bayern

The players are important, but you can't just give them any random manager.

You believe Zidane is the best manager on earth, don't you?
And Enrique is top 5, right?

Too early to say with Zidane, but he's only been a manager for a year and he has more trophies than losses.

>And Enrique is top 5, right?

Probably not.

Exactly my point.
Inherit literally the best or 2nd best team in the world, change nothing, win trophies (maybe we need to use a DM?), you think they are the best in the world managers.

No. They are ex players brought in to manage an unbeatable club and do well enough not to fuck it up.

>BITW drops into your lap
Messi didn't had that status until he was playing in a Guardiola-team. He didn't even finish top-scorer for them when they won the league, Eto'o did. And Barcelona's strengths didn't lie in them being carried by Messi. The system itself made the entire team unplayable and nobody outside from Chelsea had an answer to it. Look at Barcelona in the season before Pep. Completely different team, completely different playing style. What did he change? Replaced aging players, gave elite players different roles and introduced a new system where players who were in the reserves a season prior were able to play key roles in it. His system popularized and/or revolutionized positions like the DM, the playmaker/winger-hybrid, the offensive fullback that can contribute heavily in build-up and have amazing stamina at the same time, the ball-playing centre back, the false nine. Not to mention the importance of positional discipline, possession, one-touch football, the pressing. Pep made everybody want to play tiki-taka.

It's incredibly lazy and ignorant to state Pep just got lucky with the best player in the world and that many other coaches could achieve with that team what he could achieve with it or that he inherited whatever Frank Rijkaard has set up, because that one gets thrown around a lot too. Not only have we seen this get horribly disproven by Martino, but when you look at the state of Barcelona at the moment Pep got appointed and properly observe his first season, you should get to the conclusion that the team did a complete 180 and that sticking to his tactics required a great deal of bravery and perseverance that not many managers would be able to make and get it right in their first season too.

Is he getting things wrong at City? Yeah. They're 5th. But that doesn't take away from the fact that what he did at FC Barcelona is right up there with the greatest managerial achievements of all time.

Will Poop cry when Poch goes to Barca and smashes every record he set?

He's so used to other teams being in awe of le Barca and le Bayern, boring them into submission with endless passing and score.
The premier league might not have the best quality, but it's the only league where the lower teams actually give it a go and not stand in awe of the big boys

>all this Poop posting
>forgetting that City won the league in September

>Puyol
>Pique
>Toure
>Busquets
>Xavi
>Iniesta
>Messi
>Henry
>E'too

>WASHED UP!

>Benitez

I've got him! I've got him!

Don't waste such an insane amount of money on faggots such as Stone , Sané and exploding knees Gündogan but buy useful players instead

im a city customer (EPIC meme btw) for the past 15 or so years (not sure exactly, but about the time Anelka left and Barton still played so it has to be around 2005) and I think Guardiola is a fucking retard and a shit manager. He spent 200 million in the transfer window and improved NOTHING. He actually made the side drastically worse by replacing Hart wtih Bravo. Needs to fuck off as soon as possible. This twat will leave less of a legacy than Stuart Pierce, you can screencap this.

His fucking inflated ego won't let him stay on for another year after he finishes 7th and fucks up the job for the next poor fucker that has to come in and sort his mess out.

I meant 10 years obviously.

How high is his IQ you think?

He's clearly far more intelligent than anyone in the EPL.

Try 5

Who made this?

honestly I don't think its above 80. If you come to a club that hasn't had a useful fullback for 3 full seasons and don't sign one you have to be mentally challenged in some way.

oh, and he bought Bravo, Stones, Gundogan and Sane. Before any Pep apologist comes screeching, it was all 100% his transfers. The cuck Txiki let him have free reign. Even Marwood and Mark Hughes managed to sign better players for fucks sake.

no, that's not right. I watched City long before they had the takeover. I distinctly remember Anelka playing alongside some other black dude (Vassel?) and thinking Michael Johnson is going to be the next Lampard one day. I remember Micah Richards wearing number 45 playing alongside Dunne and Distin.

>honestly I don't think its above 80
You must be retarded then

Tbf those players are all decent enough on paper. Same with Otamendi, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Sagna and Mangala. It's definitely about the way he's trying to force his tactics, not the players being shit.

I went and looked at the kits trough the years and I know that I watched them wearing the "First Advice" sponsored shirt, so it must have been around the 2003-2004 season that I first started (very loosely) following Man City. I picked them up because I liked the shirt color and also because they were a Manchester club but not United (I was edgy as a kid, didn't even know they were "rivals").

I remember the shirt being a bit darker though, might be just the flash of the camera or im remembering an away shirt.

>Otamendi, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Sagna and Mangala
Every one of those players has been shit for 18+ months.

>Otamendi
no, he's been shit since joining. a little better than Mangala, but not much.

>Kompany
has been dead for 2 years now, everyone knows he can't play a full 90 minute match anymore.

>Kolarov
what fucking matches have you been watching last year? he was the worst player on the pitch bar none. he's the only one that actually improved under Guardiola though.

>Clichy
yeah, he was okay, i'll give him that. shit offensively and very mediocre defensively but does the job.

>Sagna
no, utter shit. has been since joining.

>Mangala
please, now I know you're joking. the dude is literally Joleon Lescott but even spazzier.

the rest of the players he signed are a constantly injured Gundogan, a 19 year old winger that can't even get in the team (Sane) and fucking Stones / Bravo who I don't even have to say anything about. it's enough to say that shit teams like Palace come to the Etihad and jeer them both so hard they lose concentration and give away goals.

>on paper

You gotta read the post before replying man. No one can argue against any of these players' top level, we even saw it early on in the season, they were fucking dominating. Also how the fuck is le exposé supposed to predict injuries/sudden dip in form? In form Gundogan is fucking great, Sane was looking like a terrific prospect just last season, I will not make any excuses for him when it comes to Stones, he's looked like a liability since he started his professional career. Bravo was also GOAT last season for Barca.

My opinion is that he's trying to force through some shoddy tactics with a team that isn't used to that type of next level tfw too intelligent meme tactics and quite frankly doesn't have the tactical awareness and/or talent to play them out on the pitch either.

TL;DR: Theres been nothing wrong with his transfer policy, the fault is in his tactics. Change it up and make it a bit more simple and you'll see Shitty contending for the league in no time, they have enough quality for it.

Incorrect.

>how could he possibly know Gundogan is an injury prone player after being injured at Dortmund for a year with a SEVERE knee injury

it's not like he signed the contract wearing a fucking cast.

Sane is a fucking 19 year old meme player from the Bundesliga, everyone knew this. not even going to go into Bravo at Barca. You can't really make mistakes when nobody except Real can even come into your teams half of the pitch in that shitty league. You also don't alienate and loan out (also paying his full wages) the best keeper the club has ever had. Why not sell Caballero and keep Hart + Bravo?

Pep is a fucking meme, nobody is going to change my mind. The little catalan fuck needs to go unless City want to end up the same way Utd did. The only difference being big players will still sign for Utd because of their history. City needs to offer a good future and CL football if they want to sign anyone but 19 year old memes.

When Hillary lost the election to Trump, the was a news article tiled "Was Hillary's team too intelligent to win the elections?". That's where this meme comes from.

>lose 4-0
>"we didn't get outplayed"

Classic Poop

kek
>we were the better team

lol

He's still in the running for the FA Cup. It's a Mickey Mouse cup these days but it's still something.

You mean 12 years. Anelka left in January 2005.

I remember based Shaun GOATer's double in the 3-1 win over Manure at Maine

Nah that existed before the article.

That was slightly funny. He can't be Stewart lee

>EPLEL

Maine Road*