Any Red Dwarf fans on Sup Forums?

Any Red Dwarf fans on Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=pw2RVj-d5G8

wow...Chris Barrie is really showing his age in that clip. But, having said that, can't wait for this new season.

SMEEEEEEEEE

>smegtember

what did they mean by this?

So when will they officially say it's in the Doctor Who world? Literally the Tardis has been in it and they've used the same robot alien in both shows.

love red dwarf senpai

dad got me into it as a kid and i cant believe its still here

i thought theyd be dead or absolutely hate each other by now

I've always wished for a Doctor Who Red Dwarf Cross over.

So what is it?

It's the one downside to these new series, the age of the actors. Series X wasn't too bad though and hopefully these new 2 will be better.

>absolutely hate each other by now
They kinda do

HEEEEEEEEEE

I thought Chris Barrie and Craig Charles made up now?

Also it's hard to imagine Robert Llewellyn hating anyone

It's a great comedy space opera with brilliant attention to details (in most seasons) and has only recently come back and returned to form.

I love red dwarf but they should have finished it in the 90's. bringing it back, well the humour is out dated and the actors are too old.

ayy i was just checking up on this the other day. all the more recent stuff they've done was surprisingly not shit so mite b cool

The fact that it's on Dave makes this less likely. But yeah, everyone kind of knows. They even had "hard light holograms" (using that exact name) in Doctor Who a couple years ago (Mummy on the Orient Express).

I'm guessing it's a white hole.

>It's a great comedy space opera with brilliant attention to details (in most seasons) and has only recently come back and returned to form.

So what is it?

>I thought Chris Barrie and Craig Charles made up
They only ever hated each other early on, like first episodes early on, they have got on, as far as I know, since then.

Yeah the first few series they didn't like eachother from what I gathered from the DVD commentaries. I'm sure they don't hang out with eachother as best friends, but are good mates at least.

TY user am hype for this! Will they ever explain how rimmer survived or will they keep teasing us with that i wonder.

Looking forward to it, it's nice that we're getting XII next year as well after waiting 4 years for XI.

Oh please no, where's that from?

It's a TV show

Pretty hype. Red Dwarf is one of my favorite shows.

Cool! It only took four years.

Ah hells yeah

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALIVE RIMMER

WHAT HAPPENED TO KOCHANSKI

WHEN WILL THEY FILL IN THE CONTINUITYYYY

Only joking

and that one.

I hope and pray this series ignores the quite frankly shit Daveverse continuity. All I want is a continuation of series VI that isn't complete smeg.

The fuck?

He's a DJ, it's from his regular Funk and Soul night in Manchester

If Cat isn't getting the most action then this is a bust

Aliens don't exist in the Red Dwarf universe.

Then where does all the toilet paper go?!

There's that alternative ending to "Only the Good" that I really wish they'd used. I've seen a couple of fanedits that insert that ending in, and it shows how Rimmer saved the ship.

I haven't properly watched Red Dwarf in a long long time but I swear there are aliens. I was gonna mention the Polymorph but I think that was created by humans.
What about that race which own the Polymorph bird in series 6 ?
Or the DNA ship in season 4, that belonged to aliens didn't it?

>What about that race which own the Polymorph bird in series 6 ?

That was just Ainsley Harriott and friends.

I'm pretty sure they mad a point of having no aliens. Everything they run across is a synthetic/organic lifeform originating from Earth.

Any living character outside of the main cast is either a Simulant, a genetically engineered life form (Gelfs), an android or a hologram. The crew never encounter a life form that didn't originate on Earth. Although the Gelfs are admittedly a bit of a cop out on the writers' part and really might as well be aliens.

It was human made. They found a human male on board who had been transformed to having three heads but ultimately everything on the show seems to originate from Earth. No aliens.

I think the idea was meant o make Dave Lister and the crew just feel so small and alone in space! They live in a time of true galactic wasteland, Mad Max style... but... you know... in space.

Isn't the Despair Squid an alien?

No, it was created through spedup evolution to terraform a planet.

Don't mind me, just best Kochanski coming through

Not best at posting of course

She got so much shit for joining the series but she was actually not too bad.

>Original Kochanski
>Cute, funny girl who Lister idolised even though she was just normal

>>New Kochanski
>Annoying, stuck up bitch who's le girl power stronk

>>Cute, funny girl who Lister idolised even though she was just normal

There's only so far you can take that. She was good for a few scenes here and there but as a fully fleshed character it wouldn't have worked over multiple episodes. The relationship between the new Kochanski and Kryten was great imo.

I truly believe that seasons 1 and 2 are the best seasons of this show. The loneliness and hopelessness of just a few guys million of years in the future in the middle of a barren universe was true kino.

Series 4-6 are the best for me - every single episode a 10/10. Series 1-2 are classic in their own way.

>Read a couple of the novelizations
>Almost everything that was played for comedy in the show is played completely straight in the books
>mfw Better Than Life

>You'll never get drunk on urine recyc with Lister and Cat

why even live

>At the end of Backwards, Lister and Cat leave their own universe where Rimmer and Kyrten were killed and reality hop to one where they're dead instead because Rimmer and Kryten never bothered getting them out of Better Than Life

This was what, twenty years before Rick and Morty?

Also
>Ace Rimmer saves the crew by pushing him and an evil android into space, causing the android to puncture his helmet and make Ace's head burst
>This eventually inspires Arnold Rimmer to actually be brave for once in his life, leading to him being horrifically murdered inside a simulation, and his light bee melting irreparably.

Just let it die. They all look so old and there hasn't been a good season since like season 6.

Did you watch the last season? I thought it was pretty good.

Looking old works for this show I think. It was never about being young, fit and roaring for action, it was always about hopelessness and loneliness.

Now, not only are they alone in a deserted universe, 3 million years from their own time, but they're also getting old.

Return to red dwarf was meh.

Ten was okay I hope this new one is amazing.

Fuck they've aged.

I miss holly. He/she was vital to the show and it feels a bit stuck without them in it.

Original kochanski was a qtpi Scottish waifu. She's also a singer irl.

New kochanski was insufferable in s07 but somehow I enjoyed that more than s05.

Grew up with this show, I love how the drive room in seasons from 1 to 4 were old commodore 64s joined together kek.

>I've never seen one before, no one has, but i'm guessing its a White Hole.

Can't say I have but I might check out an episode later.

I do like the fact they've bothered to make actual models of Red Dwarf and the likes of Starbug. The UK has some of the best production crews and model makers in the world, good they're putting them to use.

Jokes on you, I loved series 7.

How will they explain ageing hologram?

So he fits in with the rest of the crew. Crew morale and all that.

fat ausfag here

thought i was the only one

got really drunk one day and mixed this up with blackadder (dont ask i was extremely drunk) and downloaded the entire series.

watched it all extremely pissed and to my suprise i loved it LOVED IT

Smegging brilliant.

it never lost what made it 'IT' in a sense like doctor who and star gate did.

Newest season was actually quite good and this one looks fun as well.

Probably the same way they said holograms could have heart attacks and die in season 6.

Grind those balls sir, grind them!

Male Holly has hinted he's back for an ep this series.

Fuck I need to read the books now.

If Bob the scutter isn't in this ill lose my shit

Why is this show so comfy?

is it 'our' show?

Considering its all about loneliness, isolation and the human condition.

i am so far removed from the average normie at this point i might as well be on the red dwarf in outa space

This little guy?

>While Cat and Lister think they've been eating luxury meals and skydiving they've actually been eating their own vomit and repeatedly breaking their legs jumping down the stairs
>Kryten has to carve U R DYING into Lister's arm to get him to realise he's in BTL

There are aliens in dr who
Red Dwarf only has Humans and Gelfs which were created by humans

Not sure if any actual aliens have ever shown up

>mfw when they forget Rimmer's alien obsession in later seasons

What is the best episode for you guys? Queeg for me.

Well to be honest almost everything in the Red Dwarf universe is dead. That's the thing about it, but it doesn't mean there weren't any aliens before.

They could make Red Dwarf take place at the very desolate end of the universe, like in Utopia.

Quarantine has to me my favourite. :)

Quarantine is very good too. Also white hole, rimmerworld, psirens, that one with the wax droids etc.

>WHAT HAPPENED TO ALIVE RIMMER
He died again off-screen.

>WHAT HAPPENED TO KOCHANSKI

She left because Dave is a space bum.

Balance of Power
Queeg
Polymorph
Meltdown
Dimension Jump
Quarantine
Terrorform
Every episode from series 6