Found this old violin in my attic (pic related) my grandma told me it was made in the 1800's but thats about it...

Found this old violin in my attic (pic related) my grandma told me it was made in the 1800's but thats about it. Do you guys have any Idea who made it or how much it might be? I can give more pics if needed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wFOjmyB0NpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i wouldn't touch it, shit looks like it's about to be dust

It's only got one string. Perfect for the djents

Any identifying marks?

It's famous...

youtube.com/watch?v=wFOjmyB0NpY

Only marks on it I can see are the two lines that go around the body.

That is a German 'moore' violin, indeed made in the 1800s and probabloy valued at yeah i have no idea what i'm talking about

Look inside the f holes

Look inside the f holes. Should be a tag of sorts. If not, it's probably trash.

You can finger my F holes anytime

That's what she said.

he's checking out a violin not your mom

I fucking walked into it

From what I can see, your violin is in better condition than your camera

There seems to be the beginnings of like an s inside it but thats about it

Are you retarded?

no idiot your supposed to open the violin up to see it

I can't open the fucking thing up

I have one supposedly made by antonious stradivarious in 1729. Sure need to get it appraised. I would upload some pics but they're too large, any way to compress them? They're already in jpg format.

Oh my god you are fucking retarded

open in paint and reduce size until they are a file limit that allows you to upload them to Sup Forums......

I'm on mobile.

Fucking dubs 3 times in a row.

Ive never used a violin in my life, since ur so smart tell me how to open it.

YOU DONT OPEN A VIOLIN YOU FUCKING RETARD

Don't listen to the other posters
you aren't supposed to open it
it will damage the wood when you full it apart
just look throught the peep hole with a flashlight to see what the year name and mark is

show back and neck

OMG That's an original Stratanardias. It's worth a fortune.

well...

It's Antonio Strativari and no you don't have one. A Stradivarius from the 1700s is worth millions. Not to mention there less than 700 in existence and almost all of them are in known collections or museums.

Holes are small but found 2 numbers, 13

13 is one number

The image isn't great quality, but from the looks of the materials, it looks more like early 20th century. The black parts look a bit like Vulcanite or some similar plastic, but I can't quite tell. The condition is a bit rough, but looks fairly intact. The maker marks are generally on the inside, but don't force anything. If you can, take it to a professional music shop, like for real instruments, not fucking electric guitars and drums, and they should be able to help. I would imagine this was a mass produced violin from the 30s or 40s, but you never know. Have a professional look at it, not a bunch of assholes on Sup Forums.

Back

wtf are you going to do with a 1000 year old violin OP?

Just bleach your anus and sell it for cheap, you'll make more money then with that piece of shit

I've figured it's a fake, but still won't hurt to get it appraised by a professional. Hell even instruments made by his students during those times are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Neck

violin isnt worth anything, probably just a cheap violin your grandmas parents bought for her. it would cost more to repair it than you would get from selling it after.

Take hi res pics and upload them to Dropbox if it is from the 1700s that's definitely a few thousand pounds or dollars but definitely take it to a professional and get it appraised

My grandmother got a cheap used violin from her parents back in the 40's.

About 30 years ago she took it to someone to have something fixed and it turned out to be from Italy late 1700's and worth about $25 grand at the time.

Have that shit checked out user. Maybe at a local university.

Aw some one appears to be jelly of op, it will be OK