ITT:

ITT:

Make Ohio sound interesting.

Challenge mode:

Not mention sports, Cedar point, or one of the many industries that died here.

Post in the other ohio thread with nudes in it

You guys have Amish people and they make pretty good pies. Also have the best opioids around.

We had a whole family killed last year and they still don't know who did it . (Rhoden family)

We have gas stations and shit but there really isn't much to do here

We tried to legalize weed (responsibleohio) but like many Ohio failures...this failed too

It's pretty nice here. Not much to do but nice people and lots of spirit in the air

Pretty gud!

We have WILD weather.

hahahahahah thats a good thing about OHIO??? lol wow thats f*****g messed up man u frickin f****t

We simultaneously ruin two meals at once with something we call skyline. We runny baby shit looking "chili" and add cinnamom and chocate syrup to it and then put it over spaghetti noodles. Thus ruining both chili and spaghetti at the same time.

really neat art deco
pretty good lake
nice voting
not too hot not too cold
microcosm of America
>comfy
not poor like illinois
better than all states surrounding it
cool river

fuck you
i get a chilito, fill that shit with spaghetti, then fill that shit with cheese fries

your mother is a faggot

All of our seasons are defined and fit the description you see when you look them up.

Ohio weather aint shit. Winters are mild unless you are near the lake. We also get 4 distinct seasons.

well... it's got more variety than other midwestern states like Indiana and Iowa

.... a variety of what?

no longer home to logan paul

Ohio is not the midwest. It is in the Eastern timezone. Geographically impossible to be called the midwest.

geographic regions. i mean you've got lake erie, plains, farmland, woods, mountains in the southeast, a good distribution of rural and urban areas, etc

The short North is kinda cool if you can get past all the hipsters, there's a nice hukah bar and it's right next to a really good calzone place called dp dough

The census bureau says otherwise

short north's gotten sorta lame; less art stuff and more bars/construction. should be pretty baller when it all finishes.

google midwestern states. Ohio will be there. also parts of Michigan and Indiana which are also included in the midwest region are the eastern time zone. yeah i know the terminology (midwest = eastern) doesn't make much sense but so do a lot of things about America

my nigga

>Old Man's Cave
>Conkle's Hollow State Nature Preserve
>Devil's Bathtub
>Hocking Hills State Park
>The Cleveland Museum of Art
>The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
>The Cleveland Orchestra
>Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park
>Case Western Reserve University
>The Ohio State University
>Miami University
>Oberlin College
>Kenyon College
>Lake Erie Islands
>Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
There's a lot that makes Ohio great. I tried to strike a balance between some of its natural beauty, some of its schools that college kids like to attend, some of its cultural landmarks and institutions of esteem, etc. Ohio is a nice place to raise a family. It has the best libraries in the country. It's considered the most 'average' or typically 'American' state. As one user suggests, you have the blue grass region, hill country, lakes and rivers and islands, rural and urban areas, plains, etc. There's a lot that can and could be said about it. Cleveland was once the most prosperous city in the world and the states has been home to a two-or-three Millionaire's Rows, probably the most famous being on Lake Shore Boulevard home to Edison, Seiberling, Firestone, Rockefeller associates, etc. I've lived in Maryland, Texas, DC, Pennsylvania, NW Ohio and SW Ohio. It's just comfy is all. I guess it depends on what you like. Apparently we have excellent hunting and fishing as well.

This user pretty much nailed it

But you need a hobby or something if you choose a small safer town because it can get boring as hell

Then there's all the shit we don't talk about. I don't mean haunted houses and ghost tours and spooky cemeteries and famous crimes and murders and urban blight and the ghost towns and all the shit you can easily google. There are towns in Ohio that would be home on Season One of True Detective...cults, some Mormon, some Amish, some Witness, some entirely outside the mainstream of any religion. There are small cult controlled towns that are straight up outta Children of the Corn. There's a lot of weird, dark history in Ohio. It's kind of like Stephen King's Maine, only real.

Thanks man. You're right. Rural degeneracy can be fun. We also have good k-12 education and are relatively safe. Otherwise yeah, best to get a hobby if you live in the middle of fucking nowhere.

You can't list the same place three times and expect someone not to notice...
Anyone familiar with your list would know

Here's a simple test...
>Do you like amusement parks?
>Do you like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, hunting, trapping, fishing, mudding, etc.?
>Do you like to drink?
>Do you like small-town life?
>Are you a college-aged kid?
>Do you like mid-metro areas?
>Are you fascinated by history or architecture?
It could go on and on, but some things are big selling points and others are small.

But they're features of Hocking Hills State Park, and highlights at that. It's a pretty vast place.

Logan also has some good canoeing spots, might as well add that. I pass by the hanby house almost every week and I'm reminded that sjw feminists have definitely been fucking shit up for almost 100 years (100 in Nov iirc), prohibition being their first major victory

yip

Ohio has a little bit of everything. It's a very large state geographically speaking and cities only an hour away from each other can have completely different living experiences.

Mudhouse Mansion

I did get a weird vibe from some of the town's there back when I lived there. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's ran by cults.

Not as sinister as you may think, but you're right.
Ohio native here. About an hour from my home is a town known as Westerville, and the mason lodge there always gave me a bad vibe. I've only ever been inside once, but it was certainly odd enough to make me leave as quickly as possible. (Used to be a delivery driver for a good service.)
Lots of locked doors in that place. Plus a proper vault in the basement. Straight out of a cartooon, huge circular door and all.

Shit before I forget, someone NEEDS to investigate Canter's Cave. It's a 4H camp run by rednecks who try to put out a friendly face, but I got one of the employees to open up to me. The area used to be home to a witch or wicken or something of that nature, and the people burned her alive or something, just as they did to witches in the day. They say if you go to a certain cave on the property, known as echo cave, and if you speak into the small cave the echo will travel back towards you, and anyone in the lodge behind you will hear exactly what you say. Ask this witch a question, and she will answer you within 2 days. Also that lodge is haunted by two old folks who the lodge is named after, they used to own the property. One more spirit resides in the main mess hall/office building. Whatever you do don't wear your hat in the building, it pisses off the locals to no end.

I experienced all of this first hand around 5 years ago. Can confirm that you'll wake up in the middle of the night within a day or two, to the sound of a woman yelling something in your ear, it's the answer to your question.

Somebody be a man and investigate this. I'm honestly not brave enough to go back.
Also locals/workers at the camp are armed, and it's far enough away from civilization that I'm sure they can make you disappear or worse. Tread lightly and act respectful and uninterested in the history of the place.

Never met a sane person from Ohio. Seriously.

We aren't an interesting state, so we need interesting people. I guess we all have our quirks.

It seems like these towns are weird but tolerable during the day but not somewhere you would want to be at night. Nond of hard to explain why other than just a general weirdness about it.

Makes sense