ITT we judge each other based upon preferred temperature of steaks...

ITT we judge each other based upon preferred temperature of steaks. So what's the proper temp to cook a steak Sup Forumsros?
>pro tip, its rare. Medium rare also acceptable.

Other urls found in this thread:

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41PrkrQXEcL._SY355_.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no only blue rare and rare are okay

Medium rare.

Medium is only okay if you're getting a T-bone steak.

well done with ketchup

pretentious bastards, medium or medium rare is where its at

medium rare and up if its cooked more than that you're a nigger

well done to piss people off

I will accept medium for marbled cuts like proper ribeyes. Because the fat melts into the meat and provides a lot of flavor. Still prefer rare though.

/thread

/Bread /

Medium rare fags it's simple are you faggot or are you an alpha fag you can't be both
Mfw when medium rare fags order in public

I was a rare/med-rare fan my whole life. Then idk at some point I started liking only medium. Did my tastes change as I matured or could it be something else? I feel like rare is good depending on what cut of steak you're getting.

Medium!

Well done, cook your meats you savages

Medium rare.

said like a true cuck

fpbp

Medium rare is optimal. Fat melts into the lean, cooked just enough to not be too jelly like, but not so much or so fast as to become tough. Rare and medium are acceptable. Very rare or blue rare has a gelatinous texture and is like eating firm sashimi, medium well and well done usually are rubbery and tough (if slow-cooked, it's possible for them to be extremely tender and juicy).

It depends on the cut for some people user. For instance if you're a ribeye guy medium is realistically the best temp cuz it's enough for that fat to melt into the meat, though I still eat em rare cuz I'm a savage. But sirloin or filet, rare is the only acceptable temp for me.

I agree, rare. Nothing is as frustrating as watching my grandmother make her own steak though. She doesn't stop at well done. She wants hers burnt on the outside.

It depends on the quality and cut of the meat.

Prime filet? Pittsburg to rare-at-most.

Prime rib? I actually prefer medium-rare. Not sure why, rare just 'feels' funny in prime rib to me.

Most other cuts, mid-rare is about right.

If I'm for some reason forced to get a steak from fucking Applebees or the like... medium. I just don't trust the cleanliness and if they'd actually kept it proper the whole way along. Also, they're using crap, so now we can talk pleb sauces like A-1 and such.

I can understand the prime rib thing because the texture is completely different when roasted as opposed to grilling or pan searing. Personally I love my prime rib bleeding rare, I don't even ajus, just horseradish.

>pleb sauces

All sauces are pleb sauces with a good steak. Even the hoity toity ones. All you need is salt, pepper, and butter.

>mfw none of you fags can handle eating it raw

Applebees microwaves all of their food so... yeah. Even a cannibal like me would get med well and Pile on the A1

so much this

>butter
What is that for?
To lube it before you stick it up your pretentious ass?

well done because i dont want that shit moo-ing at me while im eating.

I consider a proper, prepared garlic or herb butter a sauce. Same with stuff like steak Diane or steak au poivre. Both good.

I think that's all it is. Usually, I do just get 'whatever' and bring it up to mid-rare bite by bite in hot jus. Again, just a weird texture thing for me on that particular cut.

I worked at one for about 1.5 weeks, worst 2 weeks of my life. There's zero care in practice for the food itself, it's disheartening. Went to work at a little mom-n-pop greasy spoon that cared more about the product they put out.

I agree with one exception. Filet, although I enjoy the tenderness, tastes very bland to me. But filet topped with jumbo lump crab meat and bernaise, hell yeah.

What's a good temp for a hanger cut? Had it at some trendy hipster bar/restaurant once, fucking delicious. Can't remember how I ordered it though.

>not liking that crispy on the outside taste

user...

In general, you want flavor, so you want mid-rare at most. After that, you're into oh-shit-nigger-what-are-you-doing territory.

I'll give a pass to pregnant women, as it's not great for the baby, but medium is.

Batter dipped and deep fried FTW!

Rare yet crispy is entirely possible.

You cook it in a proper, super hot broiler or on a flat iron with butter.

>implying it doesn't depend entirely on the cut

Is there anything stupider than arguing over whose taste in meat is best?

One answer: well done with a ton of ketchup. Prove me wrong cockgobblers.

Some people like to be wrong and order over medium rare. We come here to make fun of people like you, fuckstick.

Nigger located.

I like mine medium. My mom likes it blue rare for some reason, and not just any blue rare, but rather the legally required minimum cooking time kind of blue rare

Cockgobbler sighted.

I just made this for dinner. Pan fried to medium rare. Butter, dill weed and HP steak sauce.

Oof, ya hit me good with that one. Fried up, with some gravy over the top of it, and just fluffy mashed potatoes next to it, with a little gravy caldera in the middle. Perfection

Rare, absolutely. Great underrated cut.

That's called Pittsburg rare in the midwest.

Everyone knows faggots are vegetarians and vegans.

So, no, I don't suck your trans-mom's black penis.

eels

I dunno man, that's a lot of fucking eels

I don't think you can legally call it chicken fried steak if there isn't a side of taters and a shit ton of sausage gravy.

well done with ketchup

underrated
chicken fried steak is so good!

Wait, is the penis a vegetable?

I never said that. This sounds like a confession of guilt...
>cockgobbler confirmed

Yes. Taking time to post in a thread that you think is retarded is in fact more retarded than said argument. You're welcome.

But a magma is really hot

I've done it without mashed, but rather herb roasted baby reds. Makes the whole thing a bit different.

That depends entirely upon your definition of winning. Does every fish have to die? Because I don't think one magma can kill every fish, but it'll definitely do more damage to the fish than the fish will to it.

Mmmm sausage gravy

It's the only protein they get.

You're the fuckstick who likes burnt meat.

A quintillion is a fuck ton of eels. Like really a ton, and its only "a" magma.

Taters is taters. They don't have to be smashed.

From my vague knowledge of stellar physics, I think a quintillion eels might be too.

Real men don't cook their meat at all you fucking pretender. Maybe some day you'll grow a dick, but today sure as fuck ain't that day.

The hell they don't, they's getting smashed once they're under my fork that's for damn sure

Raw penis isn't for me fam...
>rekt

That may be how I ordered it. If so, you're absolutely right

What you just gnaw it from the carcass then?

What other way is there?

Why don't you stupid fucks just take a slice of meat directly from the cow and don't bother cooking it at all? Unlike you faggots, I like to enjoy my food instead of worrying about what other stupid fucks might think.You're all fucking retarded

The Myard effect is a built-in craving. We want to be social, as we are social creatures. One way to do that is over a fire, cooking meat.

It's fucking science. You probably worship random made-up deities still. Isis piece of shit.

>ketchup, hp keyboard
checks out

This

I like to enjoy food too.
But not in the level of your low shitty preferences.

This is as important as vim vs emacs, which was recently decided.

It's vim, btw. You are retarded if you still use emacs. Why the fuck do you need a goddamn browser in your fucking text editor anyway?

So you're a retard baby who cooks meat because you're afraid AND you don't know how to season or cut meat without cooking it. Hint: One involves heat and being a walking vagina.

Jesus you faggots probably don't even chase down the deer yourself and tear it's throat out with your bare teeth, you faggots ain't men.

>look at me i like to cook my meat for 10 seconds and i drink black coffee i'm such a man xd
>i also shitpost on Sup Forums and have never had sex look at how much of a man i am xddd

The other involves sucking the dick without cutting it to avoid overheating the mouth?

Hint: One involves heat and being a walking vagina.

Yup, ya lost me

Guys I think I get it! In order to be a man, one must suck off other men. Logic ftw.

real men also get tapeworms and die before they hit 30

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41PrkrQXEcL._SY355_.jpg

First it's the Maillard effect you illiterate cunt.

Second, meat browning and social interaction have literally nothing to do with each other, but I wouldn't expect a complete fucking autist like you to understand that.

Third, if you want to put browned meat in your mouth so fucking much I suggest you get your whiteboy ass down to Compton and get on your knees faggot.

Go back to redit and never come back

We're not talking about pork you retarded cuntface.

Besides, if the cut is good enough and properly cared for, medium to medium-well on pork is fine.

Easy, the eels

Everyone knows if you combine 6 Smurfs you can make gold, but what most people don't realize is if you combine 1,000 eels you get a block of ice. Enough ice, in fact, to cool anything by 0.000000000027 degrees Fahrenheit. By combining 1 quadrillion of these blocks (i.e. 1 quintillion eels), you have enought ice to cool anything by 27 million degrees.

Clearly this guy is aware that the sun's temperature is 27 million degrees and 1 quintillion eels worth of ice is enough to completely extinguish it

depends on the cut, but mostly blue rare/rare and sometimes medium rare

It's simple: Cooking your meat = you're a fucking pussy.

he was talking about not cooking the meat at all, are you retarded?

Bacteria only grows on the fucking surface of the meat, you pleb. Really all you need is a light sear on the top and bottom and sides. You can leave the middle bloody as shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4

Medium rare, up to medium is fine but you're really pushing it. Anything less and you might as well eat it while it's still living, anything more and you're fucking retarded. Or Italian, either or.

Also chicago style ribeye master race reporting.

Oh yeah man. A quality medium bone in porkchop is hard to beat.

What is a Chicago style ribeye?

Rare or blue

reported

well done or I wont fucking touch it

if I go out to eat, ill eat any slop they put in front of me, but if I order a steak and its not actually well done im not touching it, im not paying for it, nothing. make me a new one that is actually well done. take this one back, look at it, and see what you did wrong

131.5 ˚F, sous vide then sear the outside. Get on my level.

I like to shoot for mid rare but will eat rare to medium.