The upcoming sixth season of the FX horror anthology television series American Horror Story is set to premiere in...

>The upcoming sixth season of the FX horror anthology television series American Horror Story is set to premiere in September.
>Details about the season's plot and cast have been kept secret, an approach to publicity unusual for the series. What is known about the cycle's theme is that it will revolve around children, and in the words of co-creator Ryan Murphy will be "more rogue" and "dark", in contrast to the previous season, Hotel.
>After the release of pictures taken from the set in Santa Clarita, it has been widely speculated that the season will incorporate the infamous 1590s Roanoke Colony disappearance.

Any chance they ditch the girly bullshit and tumblr audience and bring the show back to its s. 2 glory?

Men don't watch tv shows, fucktard

Glee remake

So are you saying that Sup Forums has a lot of g-girls?

>words of co-creator Ryan Murphy will be "more rogue" and "dark", in contrast to the previous season, Hotel.
He has said this for every season since Asylum and every time it's turned out to be a soap opera for teenage girls.

>implying anyone on Sup Forums watches tv shows
I bet you think Sup Forums plays video games too

>season 2
>glory
>fucking ensemble dance number
>glory

KYS

Ryan Murphy is a compulsive liar

Literally nothing he's ever said about any of his shows has been true

Season 2 was pure kino.

The dance number was kinomatographĂȘ.

Murder House > Coven > Asylum > Hotel > Freak Show

Asylum>Murder House>Freak Show>Hotel
>Coven

>watches a show made for traps and feminists

weew lad

I didn't finish Freak Show and only watched one episode of Hotel but the order goes 2>1>3

This could be one of the best shows ever on tv if people only watched the first 2-3 episodes. This guy can't make a decent end to a season to save his life.

This is the objective truth
Asylum was a solid 9/10
Murder House was 8.
The rest took such a fucking drop in quality it blows my mind

Fuck that, the finale to Asylum was one of the best endings to a season I've ever seen.
Only thing that wasn't wrapped up is WHY the aliens were in the series, but that doesn't need to be said because they were just kinda doing experiments like aliens do

I didn't like the aliens. It's a horror show and didn't fit in.

It fit in as well as everything else. They were weird and spooky aliens. It was all Under the Skin-like when they were being experimented on.

Dropped after the first few episodes of Coven. Did it ever get better?

Coven got significantly worse as it progressed.

Freakshow was just generally shitty apart from a few parts at the beginning that were better than anything in coven.

Hotel is ironic meme-tier. They dance to hotline bling and there's a demon with a drill for a dick that fucks drug addicts.

Coven had only 3 good things
Misty Day
The beginning of the Last ep when seven wonders is playing
And the Scene when taissa farmiga goes badass and kills some Zombies with a chainsaw

> They dance to hotline bling and there's a demon with a drill for a dick that fucks drug addicts.

Coven was my favorite because of ritual sex magic I could fap to. Freakshow is my second favorite for similar reasons

Asylum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest

It will go down like every AHS since season 3:

>start out halfway strong but never full-way strong

>lose the plot and turn into a fucking trainwreck by episode 3

>inject tons of "wink wink" LGBT and social justice commentary all throughout, presented in such a way as if the showrunners don't think we see how transparent and pandery it is

>At least one Tumblr Meme Degeneracy of the Season the focus of an episode

>spend so much time on all the "wink wink" SJW faggotry they forget to be scary with the show

>things drawn together and tied up half-assedly in the final 10 minutes of the final episode

don't forget about le epic cameo from another season, while this is an anthology series

I'm watching this because I hope it'll get on the level of asylum, but I said the same about hotel and it was absolute trash

The only way this show will ever be good is if Evan Peters does full frontal nudity

Hotel was just annoying from the gate, because it was LITERALLY "Gay Man's Wet Dream: The Show"

>every single guy in the show was a diamond-jawed, vapid pseudo-model with meme stubble and that one meme hairstyle

What's funny is how you see all these straight dudes now walking around looking as gay as 80's era George Michael because that look is the current meme look for celeb guys, so everyone is trying to emulate it.

I've only watches seasons 1 and 2. I liked both of them, maybe 2 a bit more than 1. Are the other three seasons solid? Are they at least all worth watching?

>watch it expecting a spooky ghost story with murderers in a scary hotel
>get gay vampires feat. lady gaga (absolute mistake, give back jessica lange)

Yep and always b.s. I was thankful when my other half finally decided we could quit before Freak Show finished.

I haven't seen AHS.

Is the first 3 seasons worth watching? 2 first?

Do they have any of the "girly bullshit and tumblr audience" that op speaks about, i just want some scary stuff without stupid ass teens in them.

I thought it did fit in with the era it was set in.

just watch asylum

>will they ditch the Tumblr audience
The show is starring Lady Gaga now, there's no going back.

Lange wanted an easier schedule as it's taking too much out of her to keep up with the show. She was suppose to be reduced in Coven and then Freak Show, but that didn't seem to happen too much.

Probably true though

>tumblr audience
And yet, you still watch it.

Anyway, should be a pretty good season if they focus more on substance.
Last season was way too much about style.

This show had glory days, only watched the first episode but they were just throwing out weird stuff for the sake of being weird it seemed

Sounds like Asylum is what you want. All the characters are around 30, and it has a lot of pretty genuinely horrific shit, even if it isn't very scary.
Murder House has a loooot more teen drama, but it sort of feels like the point is to reference a lot of other horror stuff anyway. I hate this term, but its sort of a 'love letter to horror'.

The rest aren't worth it

season 1 and Asylum were good tb h

Pretty much every Ryan Murphy show t-b-h
Nip/Tuck had nearly everything that was considered "taboo" back in the 00s

Freak Show had such promise.

What the fuck happened? Twisty should have been the driving force of the season.

>What is known about the cycle's theme is that it will revolve around children, and in the words of co-creator Ryan Murphy will be "more rogue" and "dark", in contrast to the previous season, Hotel.
wow, its fucking nothing

Season 1 was the best hands down. Asylum was good but i didn't have the same feel as season 1. I remember watching season 1 and being so hyped for the series because I had all these different ideas they could do for each season. But they fucked it up

Dandy was the best part of Freak Show. Twisty is overrated as fuck.

How did Coven get the highest ratings?

I assume its a children of the corn thing.
Spooky kids. How innovative.
Hoping they bring aliens back.

They totally pandered to their Glee audience. Lots of women and bitchyness and gurl power. Sassy comments and stuff. Women loved it. Seriously, go on the internet and look at the comments for clips from coven. They unironically think it was the best season by FAR

This will always piss me off. T

he first two season were kinda just okay in rating even though they are the only decent ones but the shit seasons somehow get the most ratings.

Will the plot of this season end before the final episode and we'll have to deal with 1-2 episodes of aimless boring shit at the end again?

>will revolve around children

When did that happen?
I can kind of remember the MAIN story of asylum ending kinda early, but what was left definitely wasn't aimless or boring.
I barely remember coven, but freakshow just fuckng suddenly ended every story at once by killing everybody and hotel never had a cohesive story to begin with

>anything below Coven
what the FUCK

First series lost steam too and felt like it was flailing around a bit at the end.

It just seems the writers have a habit of blowing their plot load too early, revealing all the secrets a few episodes before the end so you get an unsatisfying winding down feeling.

First Season was good until the last episode.

I found the endings of 1 and 2 pretty satisfying. Though yeah, it would have been better if they made stuff like the Tate reveal a lot later. I watched the first episode of Murder House yesterday and they reveal basically fucking everything about everyone.

Season 2 had the perfect mix of horror, characters, plot and setting.
Season 1 had a good premise, but didnt really have the horror it needed.
And every other season has shit plot and characters coupled with a setting that has potential.

I just wish it wasn't so pandering
>DUDE GAYS LMAO

>that file name

triggered.

Season 1 was best :^)

Not really. TV shows are only really discussed here if they're extremely popular, highly acclaimed, extreme "guy's shows," or ideally more than one of the above.

bailed after 2nd ep. of last season.
Prob. pass on this as well.

This show is such utter trash. Each season manages to be more baisc and aint art than the last. I would say this show is written for fly over state stay at home moms, but that would imply the writers have some kind of goal. Everyone complacent in this garbage should be held accountable.

>Kate Mara didn't come back
>Breckenridge only came back for a glorified cameo in Coven
>Connie Britton never came back
>Lange isn't coming back
>Gaga is here to stay

It hurts

Coven was horrible but it had a lot qties in it. Probably the hottest time Emma Roberts has been in the history of her existence.

Couldn't be more accurate, started it thanks to a crush on Taissa and only finished it thanks to a crush on Misty. Roberts and Lang were fucking godawful, the witch-hunter subplot went nowhere, and the "She's awful, then redeemed, then awful again" "arc" completed wasted Kathy Bates, one of the best actresses alive
She seemed to get off far better in Season 4, particularly the scenes with Mordrake and Michael Chikilis. Then bang, kill her off so Ryan Murphy's pet Yaas Kween Jessica lange can live to ham another day

Hotter in Scream Queens

Not entirely true. She was younger in Coven and wore skimpier outfits.

It was Mean Girls but only with magic involved.

Has there ever been a worse show than Hotel? What the fuck were they thinking? It goes literally no where, has the most unlikeable cast ever, and is just retarded.

Coven

At least Hotel had Gaga getting railed every episode

Gaga made the whole thing unbearable. It would have been regular bad without her blank stares and impossibly retarded delivery.

I thought the whole Stevie Nicks subplot in Coven was cool. But, I've been fapping to Stevie since the 70's.

I only watched the first season which was pretty good. Kinda went a bit retarded at the end with the Le everybody is ghosts but they can still interact with the real world are you spooped yet? Also dude this babby is the antichrist lmao

Are any of the other seasons worth watching?

Fuck ;__;

Is Lily Rabe still in it? I couldn't finish S4 and didn't even bother with S5. She was the only watchable thing about Coven though

Asylum is decent and so is Freak Show. The rest are varying levels of trash.

She did a brief cameo as her Asylum character in S4, and another 5 minute appearance in S5.

>and so is Freak Show
Ignore this user. Asylum is great though.

Freak Show wasn't the best but was still perfectly fine.

BEST INTROS

Coven > Murder House > Asylum >> Hotel > Freak Show

>aliens didn't fit in
>it's a horror show
Are you retarded user?

It absolutely fucking wasn't.
There were no plot points that didn't end in the worst possible way they could end.
Clown died early on. 90% of the characters were shot to death in one scene. The rest were just killed by other characters for virtually no reason like the strongman killing the dwarf and then being killed for killing the dwarf. Nothing is ever resolved in a way that involves any story

So it's the same as every season.

Not at all. Let's compare it to Season 2

Sister Jude, after abusing the characters, is eventually put into the asylum herself, and goes crazy slowly after a looong period of being abandoned by others. Eventually, due to the institutionalisation of his fiance (due to her being deeply affected by being abducted by aliens - so there are story reasons), Kit walker sees Jude, and takes her home, slowly nursing her back to health, and ultimately redeeming her character with the help of his alien children, until she dies of natural causes, eventually being kissed by the angel of death, a character she has interacted with multiple times, as she's been on the verge of killing herself for a long period of time

Comparing that to Freakshow, where what happened is Dandy, a crazy dude, goes extra crazy because the plot demands it, and takes a gun and goes to the freakshow and just kinda shoots everybody and then gets drowned in revenge. or someone tells strongman to kill someone, so he does, (and then admittedly feels sad), and then gets killed in revenge

All they know how to do is get revenge

If Gaga is in it then I am out.

She's in

I liked Gaga in Hotel though.

Is gaga going to at least tone down her ego and not have her character be the centre of everything?

Coven is this worst thing I have ever watched.

She was the only redeeming feature of this season.

Evan Peters as Murderer Howard Hughes was good.

also, he destroys his own shows. remember the first season of nip/tuck? it was awesome for the time being. then the show got so worse it started to parody itself. i can't believe julian mcmahon turned down james bond to finish this shipwreck of a show. murphy now does the same with AHS: good first season, then it became too much. the subplots in season 2 were enought to fill two other seasons to the point nobody cared for the plot anymore. and that fucking musical sequence in the end.

no more murphy.

Season 2 has been the best season thus far.

>Fuck that, the finale to Asylum was one of the best endings to a season I've ever seen.
they fucked the plot to the point when the finale came i totally had forgotten why they put this guy into the asylum in the first place.

>muh, aliens
>muh, interracial relationship
>muh creepy nuns
>muh, not dr. mengele
>muh, paranormal activity without any ties to the plot other than to make creepy posters for the show before airing
>just lana banana my shit up

asylum was trash.

>>things drawn together and tied up half-assedly in the final 10 minutes of the final episode
classic murphy. he's writing like i would expect it from someone with ADHS: "hey, i have an idea, now i have to fill severall hundered minutes with plot and got so distracted by pointless subplots that i forgot about the main story in the first place and now i have to tie all lose ends within the time my wifes favourite song is playing"

>unironically being insecure about interracial relationships

i'm not, it was just without any point but being edgy.

Is that hillary clinton?

>i totally had forgotten why they put this guy into the asylum in the first place
It's literally entirely your fault if you can't remember something that happened earlier. They can't 'force you to forget' an important part of the story, that's just you being unable to follow basic stuff.

Also adding muh to the beginning of things means nothing. Yes the story had nuns, and an interracial relationship, and creepy nuns, and a nazi doctor.
Also the paranormal stuff absolutely had ties to the rest of the plot. The devil-possessed nun is the reason most of the shit in the series even happened. I'll give you that the angel of death didn't really do anything, but considering she's essentially just a visual representation of characters dying, she didn't really need to. She was there when people died.

>just lana banana my shit up
What does this even mean