Thoughts on 4:44?

Thoughts on 4:44?

I enjoy a lot

FUCKING

i didnt even know jay z had released a new album

notgonnalisten/10

It's so short

its so crap. 444 the track is really quite fatiguing with the screaming.

the production is amazing
jay is always an above average rapper
the features are lit too
worth a listen
4/44

NIGGA NEVER GO ERIC BENET

this album was choice. a very intentional effort to focus on lyrics, sidestepping the contemporary trap style as much as possible. the instrumentals are very nice too, detailed, glitchy, but they take a back seat. I like hearing about Jay. He's the most powerful person in rap. He's got a lot of artistic sensibility actually. More vision than most. Not an equal of Kanye but obviously very much influenced by him and Beyonce too [repost]

It felt really predictable, safe, and mediocre to me, but I've only listened to it once so my opinion might change.

>another BAM BAM sample

I was pleasantly surprised, I'm a Jay-z fan and haven't really been anticipating this, as his last few releases have been utter Garbo, but this was nice, his best album since the Black Album IMO

Better than American Gangster or Watch the Throne?

Not criticizing your opinion, that just legitimately surprises me

This one was clearly used to spite/diss Kanye

It's shit and the fact that he stole the chorus from SCOOTER - ALWAYS HARDCORE didn't exactly help

I find it very annoying. Never liked Jay-Z's voice or his flow.

The production is just so typical of all these hip-hop acts. Dumb piano bits, that wailing, it all just feels so basic.

WTT sucks ass dude

>that wailing
The fuck you mean?

I prefer 4'33"

All the backup female singers or the female singers "AHYAAAA AHYAAAA AHYAAA AHYAA"

Its a "grown man" rap album. Hov gets a little more personal, touches on Ye, Lemonade, and Solange incident, but I still cringe a little at some of his out of touch references and insights. His rapping ability is still there, pretty good production. I just don't think it'll keep anyone's attention for very long. Especially with the cluster fuck Tidal/Sprint release

Honestly this might be my AOTY. Jay really came through.

no he did not, big fish theory and saturation and DAMN blow this out of the water

DAMN is a close second for me. Big Fish Theory is good but Vince only appears on like half the album and the production kinda carries it. Saturation is dope too but 444 is way more mature sounding. No ID did a great job making consistently great beats for 444, and I enjoyed an old Jay-Z spitting bars about his recent mistakes and outlooks on life.

It was pretty shitty, its Jay whining about being rich and cheating on his 11/10 wife. How can a billion write such stuggle bars. The bam bam sample sucked and damian marley feature is useless. No ID did a decent job on the production but the album was boring as fuck.

>Slagging off Kanye using the very production he helps inspire

The irony is lost on me

Enjoyed it. Enjoyed it more than The Black Album.

anyone got a zip file for us non-tidal people