Terminator: Genisys

I thought this couldn't possibly be as a bad as Salvation. I was wrong.

Has the Terminator franchise made an art form of finding new lows to sink to? Could Terminator 6 (if and when it comes out) possibly get any worse?

It's a movie made for chinamen, not westerners.

>terminator franchise
Series ended after T2. Everything else has been fan fiction tier garbage and shouldn't actually be taken seriously.

>It's a movie made for chinamen, not westerners.

Why is the only asian actor Korean then, were they supposed to get off on seeing him melted by acid?

>I was wrong.
only correct statement

This. The alternate ending for T2 is canon. Sarah lived to be an old lady and John turned into a fat dad.

Hoyl shit check out Emilia's giant hand

Pretty much this.

T2 is the perfect ending to the series. There hasn't been a single redeemable thing about anything made after 2.

I mean, I don't expect anything to compare to the masterpiece that is 2 but you'd think they could at least make them not complete shit.

Genisys was a good sequel to 2

TSCC is great though, even if it does its own thing and isn't really the same universe.

No it really wasn't.

Genisys wasn't a good anything to anything.

>T2 is the perfect ending to the series.

How so? T2 invalidates the ending of the original and basically opens up the door to a multitude of time travelers trying to change history at different points. T2 doesn't really have an ending.

At least T3 has the balls to provide an actual ending in which changing history is impossible. Not saying T3 is better than T2 but it has a better ending.

The only good terminator movie was the first one
T2 has terrible action scenes that look mediocre today. It has shitty dialogue and the kid is annoying as fuck. The first terminator was an excellent serious/violent thriller, after that they all suck. T2 most overrated movie ever

>T2 invalidates the ending of the original

The fuck are you talking about? T2's plot is the payoff for the "no fate but what we make" idea established in the first movie. T3 was the oje that completely threw that concept out the window with the "lel, it's inevitable" bullshit.

It's not so much about the plot but rather the characters.

Both Sarah and John have these amazing character arcs that are the direct result of the first film that perfectly intertwine with each other and have virtually flawless and extremely satisfying conclusions. Neither character should have ever been touched again.

>T2 invalidates the ending of the original and basically opens up the door to a multitude of time travelers trying to change history at different points.

OK let's actually look at this less from a story POV and more from a production angle, when Cameron first did the story there were actually going to be 2 Terminators sent back to get Sarah Connor, but due to limited budget this was not feasible, then we have T2 which is the proper vision of what Cameron wanted all along, also as we discover in the intro, there were two simultaneous attacks by skynet which is a bit of a retcon but a benign, one Terminator is sent to the 80s to kill Sarah before she gives birth to john, and then the T-1000 to the 90s to kill john himself.

tl;dr if your Terminator movie is not directed/written by Jamess Cameron FUCK RIGHT OFF.

>T2 has terrible action scenes that look mediocre today.

That is the closest thing to an objectively wrong opinion as one can get.

I like T2, but I have to agree it's overrated. Edward Furlong is indeed obnoxious, and it just doesn't have the same level of tension and edge-of-your-seat thrills that the first one does. It's still entertaining though, and Linda Hamilton is great. The scenes in the mental hospital are the highlight of the movie.

Yeah nah i love T2 it was my first r rated movie i saw back on a betamax bootleg in the 90's

T1 is technically a Superior movie yes but i prefer T2 its just my sort of movie.

I prefer playful arnie like T2 and Last Action Kino over Serious Arnie like T1 and that zombie movie whatever it was.

Each too their own honestly i love both movies but i love T2 slightly more because of how memorable and amazing parts of it are.

The only bit i would change was the middle where the cop stopped morphing into other people that was kinda silly i mean he could just walk by Connor on the street and rip his fucking head off.

Kinda took me out of the movie but hay i just learn to accept it for what it is.

A fucking great movie get your head out your ass user.

>muh 80's t1 better than shitty 90's t2
Really they are the same fucking era dude 1990-1991 IS the 80s at least the tail end of it culture wise

T1 is a perfect time loop. T2 breaks that time loop, how can John send Kyle back in time if they've stopped Skynet? And if Skynet only had enough energy/time to send on terminator (something that is mentioned at some point) how and when did it send a fucking T-1000?

I think T2 is fun, but it is a sequel that simply wasn't necessary

There is always one of you shitters in every terminator thread

T1 already broke the loop in the fucking start of the movie.

If you read the original script the T2 Terminator was meant to be in the T1 movie but they had to make a second movie due to budget constraints and the fact that it was his first fucking movie

>The fuck are you talking about? T2's plot is the payoff for the "no fate but what we make" idea established in the first movie.

Yeah, within the context of Cameron's silly Hollywood ending. However, I left T2 thinking "oh wow, what is to stop a third Terminator going back and trying to kill Sarah as a kid or other nonsense. Basically, Genisys is a true extension of T2 and probably why Cameron endorsed it. T3 actually gives closure.

Cameron's ending is just sentimental bullshit that falls apart under any scrutiny. T3 actually attempts to give closure.

>Could Terminator 6 (if and when it comes out) possibly get any worse?

meet the next T-1000

I don't t2 is downright terrible, but the first one in my opinion was a straight up masterpiece and the second didn't have any of its magic

No

>T1 already broke the loop in the fucking start of the movie.
No it didn't. Do you even know what a time loop is?

>tfw series died just when it was about to get more interesting

>Basically, Genisys is a true extension of T2 and probably why Cameron endorsed it.

He endorses all of them because he's a businessman and not a fucking idiot, it's also a subtle favor to Arnold any time they want to drag him back in so they give him big money.

Yeah, a logical fallacy that you think is sacrosanct for some reason.

Ok now you got me how the fuck did T2 have 'none of its magic'

its literally the same movie remade for fuck sake it even has the same cast and crew and only 7 years apart.

Its prime fucking arnie in both movies AND Cameron didnt miss a beat except for a script furfie in t2 as ive pointed out
The very act of traveling back into the past changes the future (in this universe at least)

Genysis kinda tried to explain it and we all know how that turned out.

Who gives a shit in the end i just accept they are both excellent movies T1 and T2 not the other dreck that came afte

I would watch this

This

>However, I left T2 thinking "oh wow, what is to stop a third Terminator going back and trying to kill Sarah as a kid or other nonsense.

How did T2 do that and not T1?

>6 unique IPs
if you are going to samefag at least make it less obvious faggot

The dialogue Is incredibly weak, it doesn't have the same Intensity as the first one. Like someone else said, t2 turned into sentimental bullshit by the end

I don't think the premise of T3 was bad. I just think the following were bad
>The T-X (crappy half-caste Terminator)
>John Connor as sniveling fag
>Sarah Connor dead of canker
>Nick Stahl = bad John Connor
>Claire Danes - didn't give a shit
>Kristanna Loken - should never try to act
If the following had been different, T3 could have been a good movie.

>The very act of traveling back into the past changes the future (in this universe at least)
That is never established in the first movie. When you ignore the sequels, T1 does in fact represent a perfect time loop.

I'm not saying time loops make sense, I mean fuck time travel itself is impossible so I can't say I understand what point you're trying to make. It just narratively works in the film regardless of logic, and T2 kinda ruins that.

Again, I like T2. I'm not trying to shit on the movie, it's a fun flick. Would I cry though if it was wiped from existence? Probably not

T1 implies that Skynet and the resistance only have time and resources to manage one time traveler before the resistance wins.

Yeah you got me there.

i guess he was going for what was more popular at the time

>80s gritty realistic dialouge
>90s action movie over the top quippy crap
As i said i love both and prefer T2 but T1 is excellent

No reason to hate on T2 like you are doing though
Then in that universe what happens to the T100 found in the press as well as all the other crap like Miles Dyson (remember some of this was in the original T1 script)

Its like looper people get caught up in the time travel bullshit instead of just enjoying the damn movie.

If i wanted to learn about Quantum Effects on Time Travel i'd go watch Donnie Darko or something

Claire Danes was unfortunately a last minute pick, I do think Loken and the T-X in general were good though, maybe because when you read up on the behinds the scenes stuff they really did put some effort into everything.

i've always wondered how he's ok after being hit with a car. like shouldn't that have broken a lot of his bones and put him in the hospital for at least a month?

i thought it would have been clever if that was a clue to show that he's actually a terminator, but no they just have him survive being hit by a car

But after the events of T1 in T2 the resistance seems alot stronger and can send him back again

only part i liked about Genysis was the Prolouge at the start where we finally fucking see the transporter room and how they got there.

Fuck i wish the entire movie was a origin story as soon as they redid the T1 bits it went to shit

Salvation gets alot of shit but i personally think its better overall than T3 which was a hot mess.

Lets pretend Terminator series stops at T2 though because the rest are not cannon it my book

>do think Loken and the T-X in general were good though, maybe because when you read up on the behinds the scenes stuff they really did put some effort into everything.
Willing and Able are two different things. She's not talented. Uwe Boll movies are where she belongs

Some people like to analyze movies and come up with theories and shit. Is that really so bad? Doesn't mean you still can't just enjoy the damn movie regardless

The main issues with T2 really aren't that it breaks T1's time loop. The main issues are Edward Furlong and the dialogue, as well as how a boy-and-his-robot story mixed with family drama and a "save the world" plot doesn't pack the same punch as a tightly-wound story of humans desperately trying to survive while being hunted by a mechanical demon

>Some people

exclusively autist with no life of their own

[citation needed]

nerdy =/= autistic

>Edward Furlong and the dialogue

I didn't mind it back in the dayactually thought it was cool ;_; but yeah that dialogue has aged like milk. Definitely a by product of the time.

no shit, sherlock
not every nerd is autistic or retarded enough to argue about fictional things constantly and conjure fucked up theories

I love how subtle and fragile a thing suspension of disbelief really is. I love the first two Terminator movies but if you don't want to fight uphill to enjoy them like I now have to, don't ever think about this:

If they can send a flesh-covered T-800 back through time, why didn't they just shove a nuclear warhead up a cow's ass and send that back? Brutal, efficient, and exactly what a machine intelligence would do.

You're exaggerating. Thinking about a movie and analyzing it, and then wanting to discuss it is normal. At least, it's normal for people who aren't simpletons.

Why are you even on a board talking about movies if film theories and analysis triggers you so much? Are you the autist isn't you?

Everything after The Terminator was hurr durr girl power captain twink junkie boy gonna save da worldz.

i liked it.
>i love the father/daughter relationship with the terminator and sarah connor.
>remakes of previous terminator scenes
>a good skynet, (microsoft)
>action scenes are fun to watch

quit trying to analyze me, retarded autist
you don't know me

this is exactly what I'm talking about and you still don't get how dumb and autistic it is

you know why? because you're that kind of autist

>you don't know me
And yet you know everything about me, and you seem obsessed with the word "autist." Kill yourself sperglord

Because they never knew the exact location of Sarah Connor. They only had a list of several Sarah Connors, and the Terminator had to find and kill them all. Also a nuke would change the geo-political landscape too much, thus potentially threatening the creation of Skynet. The real question is why it didn't have a plasma rifle stashed in its belly-cavity, instead of going to a gun shop.

I liked it too, for pretty much the same reasons as you. But when I watched it I also got to see Terminator 1 at the cinema right before. I haven't seen it since, so I can't really say how large of an impact that had on my view of Genisys. I'd say it definitely benefits from watching straight after Terminator, rather than going through them all and watching it after Terminator 3 or, god forbid, after Terminator Salvation.