Anyone got tech support questions? Bored IT Pro

Anyone got tech support questions? Bored IT Pro.

Will post random pics with my replies

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/BeastGamesHD/saved/9ypkLk
imgur.com/a/UGkqx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most reliable external hard drive?

SSD-based. Samsung. No moving parts.

If you want reliability above all else, but need spinning rust, I'd go LaCie.

Oops forgot pic

More questions?

Know a reliable source to learn properly how to browse using .tor? Best laptop/OS/programs/extensions etc. to use.

I would love to buy shrooms and shit. Someone recommended me to Alphabay Marketguide. Worried to fuck up. I think I'll get v& and life is over.

So my laptop has recent been placed by random graphical glitches, from distorted windows to messed up colors, random dots everywhere. When plugged into a separate monitor the glitches persist. Every program or app has a unique set of glitches as well. The computer itself strangely enough runs fine, with no lag, or other problems just the graphics. Any idea?

Sure. Use tails on a dedicated laptop with no write access, only use it on public internet access, and change up locations. Use drops for shipment, and never use anything but USPS (requires warrant to open your mail). Never sign. Never ask for a tracking #.

All easy stuff that will keep you pretty much 99% safe.

Just do some googling. Knowing how to use TOR isn't a fucking crime, unless you live in some godforsaken EU shithole.

SSD-based Samsung is the way to go..

Fuck LaCie and the horse they rode in on they have a bad habbit of using seagate drives in their external enclosures.

For smaller portable external drives go with HGST (Hitachi)

For larger not so portable drives go with Western Digital.

Have you tried anything with your gpu drivers?

IMO with an external the enclosure > the drive. I love HGST as well, but the enclosers aren't as durable as LaCie.

Forgot pic again.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers from the manufacturer, and just wiping the laptop and starting fresh.

The LaCie enclosure with the spinning rust ripped out and a Samsung ssd thrown in is damn near indestructible.

That said I've had my share trouble finding one that would give full throughput with an SSD inside they like to cheap out on the controller

Interesting. Not sure but potentially failing GPU. How long has it done this?

how to delete system32? its a really bad virus and im having trouble finding it

win7 or win10 and why?

inb4 install ganoo, i already dual boot

About a month, I figured the tho g might just be dying but I asked anyway cause you never know.

Having heavy rubberbanding issues with pvp online games but fps and ping are fine any idea?

Not OP

Have you tried using something like HwMonitor to watch the temps on it while your gaming?..

It's here:
C:\Windows\system32

It has to be 10 now. You can't install 7 on Kaby Lake or Ryzen. 10 has it's faults but overall I like it a lot.
Yeah... I guess it could be vRAM, but it's probably the GPU.

Run a packet loss test with WinMTR to the effected game servers and post results.
Good call.
Forgot a fucking pic again

i don't plan on getting ryzen/kaby lake for a while since i don't absolutely need them

My sound is constantly getting manipulated by hackers and or goverment on windows 10. How do i avoid this?

You ever hack into some teenies pic files and find nudes and save them

If so how old were they?

thanks, just deleted it now my pc is running perfect

Personally 10 has too many features I enjoy to go back to 7. It has plenty of issues of its own but in 2017 I think 10 is the superior OS.
I wouldn't take kiddie pics or any questionable pics. I'd report that shit. The pedo shit all over Sup Forums nauseates me.

I totally steal regular pics tho.
Glad I could help bruh

ok thanks

Teenies meaning 18/19

Loving how your mind went to children you sick fuck.

Use *nix

Have you heard of a Windows 7 box that you just can't kill WGA on? I have four computers, but one of them keeps with the not genuine pop-up, and it is getting slower. Is there a sure shot beyond all the others to kill WGA?

Okay so, you're on some scummy old man's computer
It's full of cheese
you report him to the po po

Do you do anything else to him before the cops arrive.

That's what all the fucks here mean when they say teens.

I def stole 19/20 pics at Best buy when I used to work there a while back.
Just use Microsoft Toolkit.
No. I've done this before. You report it and let the cops do the rest. I've handed hard drives full of CP to secret service agents.

AMD / Intel / Both ?

Have you been paying attention to the IOMMU optimizations coming to the world of AMD?

I'm gonna end up with *nix & a virtualized copy of Win10 at the end of the day I think. Just so i can game while keeping a limit on my windows usage.

My hd7970 has failing fans, I have checked drivers, cleaned dust and so on. Do you think I should try to re-oil them? This would involve drilling a small hole to the fan motor container because it's sealed. Is there a risk of destroying it?

My rig is Ryzen. My homelab is all Intel. I really think Intel is still on top.

IOMMU is still really early. I personally would totally use a virtual gaming VM once it's mature. Right now, there's too many issues for me to daily drive it and too few pros. That being said I'm totally putting a R9 290 I have around into one of my 4Us to play with it as a Steam In-Home Streaming hub.

Yes there's a risk. I'd recommend buying a new cooler for the card if you can't afford a new GPU. Look around on eBay.

I'm also M$ admin so I don't have problems using W10 at home.

>hd 7970

Some people are poor that's life. Not everyone can afford SLI 1080Tis

Only real decision is to figure out if I'm gonna build another dual processor machine.

Last personal desktop machine I built for myself at home was AMD's first workstation dual processor board. Tyan Tiger MPX S2466N-4M.

My work machine is an 8350 w/R9 390x both on water

Using an Asus G750 craptop at home, homelab is a 50/50 split Proliant & Router are both intel the media boxes for the tvs are both AMD

Not OP here, you can try oiling them but be prepared to replace them ie. have some sort of suitable replacement available.

So, if I upgrade my 7 boxes to 10, will I be able to get a warez/black version of 10 that will work and update?

sound?

WTF r u doing on your workstation that u need that many cores? Not Enough CPU in your lab?
Just use Microsoft Toolkit.
Nope just randomly posting from my phone

I just got done building my computer and I've been having fps problems in games I shouldn't. I have up to date drivers and I cant figure out why its so bad. MSI Geforce GTX 1060 btw

Since yesterday, flash has been freezing. Could it be a memory issue? I'm only on 8 gb and usually have at least 3 instances of flash open.

Full specs, temps, CPU/GPU utilization, what game, what settings?

Don't use flash it's fucking garbage and 100% blocked in my network

What about 90% of websites?

Youtube, twitch, Sup Forums even...

youtube doesn't use flash

Really? I thought most embedded media was done with flash.

YT dumped flash for HTML5, along with the rest of the internet. Chrome doesn't even have Flash any more. Flash is garbage.

Ya know funny story but your not the first person thats asked me that & the lab I suspect is like everyone else's it never has enough cores, ram, storage, ect..

If i could afford the electric bill I would pick up an old poweredge 6950 to shove in there next to the proliant.

IC

Well why is HTML5 crashing? xd

pcpartpicker.com/user/BeastGamesHD/saved/9ypkLk

The game is csgo manly but other games have fps problems to.
I've turned the video setting in cs all the way down and I get the same fps as all the way up which is around 50.

Can you show me how to integrate LabVIEW, Excel, and a Dynamic signal analyzer into a Python script that controls all three?

Outlook 2016, error 0x800ccc92

Can't login into a pop3 email account, randomly popped up after more than six months of problem-free use. It doesn't let me type my correct password

How do you stop write access?

My lab is way over kill on hardware righ
t now. I have 3 hosts with dual E5-2670s and 128GB of RAM. I love it. So much room for activities.
Fuck if I know bruh. Reformat.
Is your monitor cable plugged into the motherboard?
I'm a Infrastructure engineer dude not a script kiddie. Ask me about powershell.

My WdMybook I use for my Xbox one keeps switching to pc mode

That's a authentication issue. Delete the account and re-add it.

how the fuck do i know the adress of the game servers?

Ummmm google? It doesn't need to be exact. If they have a public domain for it (game.ompany.xom) or whatever just nslookup that

>Reformat.
Dun that. Might be a virus I guess.

Sirious question, why would there domain be the same as there game servers?

>Infrastructure engineer

Ohh boy this should at the very least make your inner engineer cry a bit...

imgur.com/a/UGkqx

Would just post it here but 2mb limit and all.

It's usually not. But several games do use regular ol domain names for their client connections. WoW, for one. Sure it's not going to be exact but establishing a clean packet trace from your PC to their general area still provides info

How do you limit write access?

Two side questions:

Does HTML5 devour memory like flash did?

And is Java still a player in the programming world?

I've seen worse. That's workable enough.

My minecraft singleplayer world started running slow so I downloaded more ram. Now my laptop doesn't work anymore. How to fix?

It's an option with Tails to run it as read-only

Keep forgetting pics so dump incoming

See

Yeah more or less all the browsers are memory hogs. Chrome is the worst.

Java is still around but still sucks.

Hmm. If you have tried a fresh install maybe roll back your gpu drivers to an older more stable version. I'd also check your cable and ports.

here you go

You have bad outbound packet loss from your network. Reboot modem and router and call up your ISP.

No its pluged into the gpu

What's your GPU utilization during gaming?

How do you see that? Im allways curious to learn new things also what should i tell my ISP and what do they do?

Space constraints in this house slay me almost as bad as power constraints. That closet has its own dedicated circuit but the house is old and the service is only 100 amps & you can only do so much before local code enforcers start beating on your door.

Once upon a time the local utility would pull your meter and run new lines if you were upgrading to 200 amp service now they require a sign off from code enforcement which puts a panel upgrade from 2-300 dollars to 1300-2000 depending on the electrician because redtape.

bump

Google it, watch a video, take the CCENT or Network+.
Ah. That's reasonable. My server room was intended as a workshop and has 4 dedicated circuits. It's wonderful. I have a full height rack and plenty of room for all my extra shitm

I have a Geforce 960, when pressing start on certain games like evil within the computer just goes black, light remains on but everything is off. Even the fans. Put in older card and it works fine, Any way to fix it?

My pc keeps randomly freezing, mostly when I'm playing games. It's an OK laptop too, only 6 months old. Got too non responsive usb ports too

Some of my USB ports don't deliver full functionality to accessories, and if I'm lucky and unplug and replug devices into the right port all connected USB devices get dropped and can't be reconnected by switching ports or reconnecting. Normally have to do a hard restart after that happens

Also my gtx 780 doesn't detect any displays through hdmi regardless of cord/monitor combo

Bought wireless keyboard and mouse (both use same USB) for laptop connected to the TV but it got stepped on. I liked it and it was cheap so i decided to get another one but now when i connected it to computer new mouse doesn't work so now i have to use old mouse and new keyboard each with their own USB plug. Tried retaliating drivers, plugging in different USB ports and nothing seems to help.
Keyboard is natec.

>IT pro
Sure buddy

It's a part of tails. Just opt to not use persistence. (Not OP but a CompSci major)

You fell for the meme, I feel only pitty for you

Ok op.

I have a cisco cp7821 in a vlan, the dam phone cant register to the CM. But when i move it to another location with a different ip segment/ vlan, the phone register normally.

We have a forti vpn implemented.

As far we know, our routing policies are ok, but the fucking phone cant register. Any ideas?

What for being CompSci? I'm not a chicken with my head cut off. Going out of my way to be trained far beyond the classes, get internships, lining up some contacts I have that will give me entry level programming/software engineering jobs while I get experience. Plus if all else fails name one infotech job that wouldn't hire a CompSci major if they had the right experience.

Weird. Other phones work fine in the 1st vlan?

Is the phone being tagged on the vlan correctly?