ROBOT WARS GRAND FINAL PRE-GAME THREAD

The Grand Final tonight on BBC2 at 08:00pm British time

Finalists:
-Carbide
-Shockwave
-TR2
-Apollo
-Pulsar
One Wild-card entry for the Final will be chosen from the 5 Runner-up Robots (Behemoth, Gabriel, Thor, Storm 2, Dantomkia)

Predictions lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11100219
youtube.com/watch?v=pdM1rC5pUmU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Wild Card
>It's the faggot with the Fox robot

hope it's gonna be based Thor, doing all this with a one-man team is quite impressive

>i can't read

>Dantomkia

weren't those the Turbo-Autists who always did this stupid fist-pose after each fight?

Yep. Cunts even bought their robot and didn't even build it.

Thor was the only 12 point machine that didn't make it to the final, it has to be.

If Gabriel comes back I'm throwing a brick at the TV

Our guy's got this.

Yeah and they even shat on their opponents TR2 after they got rekt by them ("it's just a stupid doorstopper!"), fucking terrible team

I hated how Dara kept putting it over as a destructive force as opposed to a useless POS with luck.

As much as I want our guy to win, feels like it's gonna be an Apollo vs Carbide final.

But user, Apollo is our guy

Thor and Apollo in the final, Apollo wins but our guy will be back next year for revenge. Thor vs Apollo becomes a friendlier, modern version of the Razer/Tornado feud.

I can dream, at least.

I don't want it to be Thor simply because of the way that Dara pronounces Thor

The Dantomkia guy was playing it up for the camera; and he did a better job of it than the Foxic guy.

strawpoll.me/11100219

Is Dragon's Den ending tonight as well or is it on next week? If so do we still have a thread?

>boring cheese wedge

What happened to all the House Robots?

They've been holding back a bit because robot's have to compete in more than one fight. The only fight where this won't be the case is tonight's grand final.

I feel they have really dulled down the series.

I mean what's Robot Wars without Sgt. Bash?

bump

OUR BOY 2bh lads

What's the format tonight?

>tfw no more Robot Wars threads after tonight

3-way melees at the start instead of 4-way, otherwise same as the heats

Same as every other episode but there's only 3 robots on the group battles, which means two of the machines that fought tirelessly to go through to the grand final will be out in the first 15 minutes of the show. Next season, if they have the same format, there should be 9 episodes so they can do 8 heats and a grand final with 8 machines.

will thor get cucked again?

So Sup Forums, cats or dogs?

>mfw catfags

The webm isn't gore or anything.

>They've been holding back a bit because robot's have to compete in more than one fight.

The house robots fucking suck, they are nothing more than decoration, they even give you close up shots of the 'damage' inflicted by the house robots after the matches and it is rare there is anything more than paint scratches.

Robot wars fans are the most delusional people on the planet. I mean, I feel like i'm taking crazy pills when i read these threads sometimes, as though no one else sees that Robot Wars matches only have 3 possible outcomes; the pit (boring as fuck), a draw (boring as fuck), some minor impact causing the 'safety link' to fall out and disable the robot (boring as fuck).

Lets cut now to a bunch of barely intelligible Irish people talking about how ground breaking a robot is because it has a spinner

Nah. Apollo was internally fragile and only got into the house robots because the drive kept going from one side. Carbide hits will fuck it.

I missed these days
Our escape from the degenerate Sup Forums that it is today.

I only watched the first episode and thought it was kind of pathetic, are their any fights worth watching in the other episodes?

youtube.com/watch?v=pdM1rC5pUmU

Here getting btfo by Storm/Gabriel

>I mean, I feel like i'm taking crazy pills when i read these threads sometimes, as though no one else sees that Robot Wars matches only have 3 possible outcomes; the pit (boring as fuck)
What? That's what we've been bitching about every single week

Internal damage isn't always the safety link, but it's inevitably the main killer. Burnouts, dislodged chains, crumpled struts. Part of the reason flippers are so successful even in pit-free live events.

Storm is fucking garbage. It doesn't do anything.

In Series 7 it was so fast it could damage things by ramming them into the walls, which got it to the final and only lost because Mentorn rigged it, but for some reason the team have slowed it down so it has no real means of attack now.

How does it push them? It's low and tiny and weak. It just drives under other robots and nothing happens.

Why do the judges give robots that don't actually do anything reasonable scores?

Back in series 7 it was 100kg and could quickly get up to 25mph, most machines hit at that speed by that weight were fucked. It was so strong it used sheer pushing force to launch a robot out of the arena.

Yeah, a big solid ramming bot with well secured internal components could be really effective if you can get it to go quickly enough.

Having a big armored plow or wedge on the front would protect you from spinners as well.

According to the wiki when they were touring it live they were burning through loads of motors and it was getting expensive. They didn't have enough time pre -TV show to redesign so they just downgraded the drive. All that shit about live feedback was really cash talking

memebots like gabriel and nuts are fucking wank.

>Gabriel

Tonight is episode 6 of 16, there is no escape user

>Having a big armored plow or wedge on the front would protect you from spinners as well
The angled shape around the edge of machine was very effective against spinners. Storm 2 absolutely fucked up Typhoon 2 in the series 7 final because Typhoon simply couldn't move Storm so just bounced off it; frequently hitting the wall.

>I love these dogs as much as I love my wife's daughter
FUCKING HELL.

That kid has been molested

Are Thor and Apollo actually good robots, or are they popular simply because they're not driven by autists?

Thor is good, it dominated its heat and lost the heat final due to bad luck
Apollo is powerful and managed to flip 3 house robots, but had technical problems throughout its heat

That woman is being cucked by her cat.

This plus Thor is the fastest of them all

It really shows what the new engines and batteries can do

Is Bob our guy?

so who's /ourguy/ tonight?

Just watched last week's last heat, what an absolute memefest. Brilliant.

>Pulsar Refbotted into the final
>Gabriel getting 3 points despite the guy with an IQ of 150 not just going for the kill
>Chompalot setting on fire mid-interview
>Judges pulling decisions out of their arses

See

DELET THIS

Thor, when it gets the wildcard.

DELET THIS

>these dogs are like the children I've never had
pet owner mentality in a nutshell

YOU FAGGOT GET OUT

based memebot

>met on a Robot Wars forum
>sent her a piece from Chompalot to propose to her

>yanks mentality in a nutshell
FTFY

It has to be. It's something different too - pretty much all the other robot types are already there (flippers, spinners, whatever the fuck Shockwave is meant to be)

Fuck Graham

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CATS BTFO

Suprisingly resilient wheels, which was a shame.

we alfa legion now

We all know cats are the best

>Everyone is the winner
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pulsar objectively must be a lurker. I refuse to believe otherwise. However I fully expect the robot to breakdown 10 seconds into the melee.

CATS
A
T
S

BBC can't admit that fish are the GOAT pet

As if there was any way this contest wouldn't end in a draw

Kate is such a MILF

Holy shit this programme is such a faggy waste of space.

>Absolutely Fashion
These people need to get gulaged

German Shepard > Cats > other dogs

NEVER, fuck those autists

>there is no perfect design

Self-righting spinner

Done

HYPEEEEEEE

Who /thor/ here?

Are Jez is on the case.

>ironside

IT'S HAPPENING

Are you ready lads?

> looks like Michael Meyers
> laughed when she cried

Was the series always this short? Or have they shortened the format since they didn't want to waste too much money in case people didn't like the new version.

How can the memewheels win anyway? It's too stupidly designed, it can't do anything but run away and give little taps

Thor is the wild card, calling it right fucking now

Who /Carbide/ here?

>hit well-built boxbot
>destroy yourself

Bravo spinfag

>tfw no more Angela in her boilersuit dress from tonight

Kill me.

/tho(u)r/ guy