/boyz/ - Eternal Cowboys General

What should Jerruh do in the off season?

Trade Romo? Draft a TE that can replace Witten in a couple years? Trade Morris or McFadden?

Should Garrett be replaced?

What do we do about our defense?

>What should Jerruh do in the off season?
for the last time, jerruh hasnt done shit in years, his son is running the team by himself while jerry sexually harrases random college girls

>Trade Romo?
yes to denver or the bears

>Draft a TE that can replace Witten in a couple years?
no TEs can be picked up in FA with fair regularity, its a tough position to develop, keep drafting quality Olineman, maybe a receiver

>Trade Morris or McFadden?
keep Mcfadden, hes a good backup and is barely earning anything, he has almost no money guaranteed and can be easily waived if necessary next season

>Should Garrett be replaced?
no

Offseason should focus on defense.
I don't like Garrett, never have. I blame him for a lot of Romo's losses, and his management of the last drive was terrible.
He needs to at least be on the hot seat now

hire a competent GM to help him keep all those FAs
hire a competent coach to help his new stud QB win some Owls

People are overreacting to the defensive performance last night.

It's Aaron fucking Rodgers. He put up 38 points on an undeniably elite Giants defense just a week ago. He just has cheat codes when he's hot like this. His Oline is also insanely good in pass protection and allowed to hold on every play.

Byron Jones is honestly the only guy who played supremely disappointing, but I've been saying for a long time that Cowboys fans overrate him so much. No name TEs always seem to have big games against us, and he's the guy who is supposed to cover them.

Well I'd say you need to overrave because if you can't Green Bay then you can't win the Super Bowl in the NFC.
Because this was probably the best chance at doing it while the team is injured.

We'd need some star on defense to make this team go to the next level. Preferably a corner to at least cover opposing WR better.

ah hahah how do you cheat all game at home and still lose ahahah ahahah how you gonna go one and done in the playoffs ahahahahahaha

See, I want them to hold out on Romo a bit.

I know that as we get closer to the draft teams are going to get desperate, particularly the stupid teams, and when teams are both desperate and stupid, they're prone to making mistakes.

IMO the best destination for Romo from the Cowboys' perspective is the Bills. Romo could probably be convinced that he could win there, because the Bills have a lot of talent and they've got new coaches coming in. Meanwhile, the Bills' management is incredibly stupid, so I assume the Cowboys could fleece them the most, maybe even more than the 49ers and Jets.

The good news is that Romo's guest appearance in the Eagles game went exactly as planned. He looked great and seemed elite. Teams will actually want him now.

Obvious bait. Cowboys got refballed out of the playoffs again

>lel let just trade the guy who actually won playoffs games in the past 20 years

>Le get top seed and then choke in the first game team

list of Cowshits that are free agents before the 2017 season starts

Rolando Mcclain, ILB officially a bust, he will be blackballed out of the league because he literally can't stop getting suspended, he was a huge playmaker on the field when he was healthy
>Morris Clairborne, Starting CB
>Barry Church, Starting SS
J.J Wilcox, Backup SS
>Jack Crawford, Starting DE
Gavin Escobar, TE2, only tight end behind Witten who keeps getting older
>Terrell McClain, Starting DT
>Terrence Williams, Starting WR2
>Ronald Leary, Starting LG

Others whos contract is running out, less important
some guys are pretty important depth though, they will probably need 3 rbs, zeke morris and one of those two
with the loss of rolando mcclain they are thin at ILB especially if jaylon smith won't be healthy

Mark Sanchez, QB they have no backup qb amongst their 2 starters, if they dump romo they will have to retain sanchez or go fish in an increasingly inflated backup qb market
Kellen Moore, QB
Andrew Gachkar, OLB
Darren Mcfadden, RB
Lance Dunbar, RB
Justin Durant. ILB
Joshua Thomas, CB
Brice Butler, WR

Now for the final kickers
To retain these key players, the Dallas Cowboys have $-2.7M (Negative Two-Point-Seven Million U.S Dollars) to shell out
All of these Dallas defenders have enjoyed a breakout season at the same time on their contract year and have graded as the Top NFL secondary by PFF, so they will be hunting for a payday, and on top of that, they don't even have the cap space to keep anyone that wants to take a pay cut, unless they decide to play >for free

For real though, if his isn't the delusional main thread what is the answer to this
Romo will save 24 million if traded
21 left because the cowboys are already in the red
Clairborne entering his prime and had a great year made 10 last year, will make 10 again
11 left and 5 starters plus many many depth guys
Wilcox is under church not signed
Jaylon Smith will have to pan out

Cowboys didn't lose the game. Packers just won because luck favored them last night.

Cook catch, untimely penalties and WR drops which killed drives in the first half, Rodgers not fumbling after the Heath sack, Pack Dline knocking down the ball on 3rd and 3 at the line, 2 BARELY made FGs.

Cowboys win that game 7/10 times. There is no problem with this team, It's just shit happens.

Trade romo to KC for Kelce and Berry

>blame refball
>at home
Shut the fuck up.

>Kelce
>trading for a hothead

Refs were letting Cowboys CBs hold the Packers WRs, and let Packers Oline hold the Cowboys Dline, but the Cowboys got shit calls in more crucial game changing situations.

Written getting no call for being held near the end of the second which likely cost the Cowboys a TD, and Butler getting a 15 yard penalty on a call which hasn't been enforced since the 80s and killed the drive.

Those were both total bullshit.

I wish.

Kelce would be perfect.

This is the best general

>One and done

We didn't lose. I still haven't accepted this loss. Neither should the team. I expect a protest. Rodgers was using inflated balls. Source. Someone who works for the team.

I agree. Rodgers does have two huge, inflated balls. And last night he made dem boys gargle them.

>Dak the best fucking qb in the league!

0-1 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, 4 rounder gets his just desserts

Check out this subtle hold on the final play before the gw kick.

Hold by number 70. Oh wait it is Rodgers, nvm that.

Trade Romo for an actual defense. I don't like him but he's probably the only starter-tier """backup""" in the league. And find a competent backup kicker, just in case Godfoot Bailey goes down.

>cowcucks complaining about the only reason the made the playoffs

kek the irony

The first order of business financially should most definitely be gettingn Romo off the books. In doing so, you will potentially be earning additional draft picks, cap space to sign free agents, and potentially helping locker room chemistry.

Secondly, they need to focus their resources (draft picks, free agents signings, etc.) developing a competent defense. Jaylon Smith could be a force in defense; lets draft some help and potentially sign some defensive play makers. AND I could even see replacing the defensive coordinator: Marinelli has done good here and there, but also drew up some terrible schemes in that playoff game. We could use a more consistent and aggressive D coordinator. Finally, dump Doug Free's ass.

Offense can literally stay the same. You're two best players are cheap for the next couple of years. Witten and the receivers should all be playing next year. Baring injury, offense will be fine.

We won't keep everyone, but we don't need to anyway. There are honestly only a few guys on defense I wouldn't mind losing.

I'm also a little confused about what you mean about Dallas defenders "enjoying a breakout season"; all year the defense was touted as the Achilles heel of the team. Sure, the defense made some opportunistic plays here and there, but no one thinks "great defense" when they think of this years Dallas team.

Dropping Romo will be essential not only to pay players we want to keep, but to sign anyone else we think we need. I love Romo and think he's a great quarterback, but it's Dak's team now. No sense in paying your backup 24 million next year and have the specter of a potential quarterback controversy looming around the team for another year.

>showing a still

how about the moving image there Lumière?