/shugazi/ - Shoegaze, Dreampop & Blackgaze General

Underrated albums from the 90's Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aFzxU1cA9ok
youtube.com/watch?v=aEmNDzNmC_g
soundcloud.com/allowand/sets/pinscher
youtube.com/watch?v=QpFRIu8skLc
fazerdaze.bandcamp.com/album/morningside
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2017&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=shoegaze, dream pop&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=vOYL-GKg-xA
youtube.com/watch?v=R1U0E-f55sY
youtube.com/watch?v=KTYF9YNl3-w
youtube.com/watch?v=G7mUBb394JE
youtube.com/watch?v=9pjUOUHHP_U
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CJeQ69_wA
youtube.com/watch?v=i-cmrJBIvGM
youtube.com/watch?v=5-aXjNTW_CI
youtube.com/watch?v=Sbub0S303MI
youtube.com/watch?v=tvhQjMkN_WA
youtube.com/watch?v=cGXYmBkkwXc
glaretx.bandcamp.com
wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
s3pmusic.bandcamp.com/album/chemical-spring-single
uvii.bandcamp.com/album/lunacy
youtu.be/QNzbm0q85U4
youtu.be/I2PPxw1Z8ZA
mega.nz/#!aBhDzAAS!WMV2q0G8eYdYTxN8F2ZHcLOXEoqCDPiY1TQCZ74efxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

S/T and Straight Blue Line are also good.

youtube.com/watch?v=aFzxU1cA9ok

who the fuck is that vinyl collector and reviewer that made a video about this album?

probably dereckvon. he's a fan of blind mr.jones iirc

yup, that's him. thanks!

youtube.com/watch?v=aEmNDzNmC_g

what are good erotic shoegaze tracks?

Not from the 90s... but has some shoegaze influence. soundcloud.com/allowand/sets/pinscher

Cocteau Twins are sexgaze

youtube.com/watch?v=QpFRIu8skLc

Damn that dudes legit. I would have thought he wouldn't be into shoegaze

bump

>Japanese Breakfast - Soft Sounds From Another Planet
July 14
>The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - The Echo of Pleasure
Sept. 1
>Alvvays - Antisocialites
Sept. 8

Any other upcoming releases?

I've been out of the game this year, what have been some of the best releases so far? Any new bands coming to the scene?

fazerdaze.bandcamp.com/album/morningside

This album has been pretty in vogue

Lazy Legs
Eye Candy
Tangible Rays

pretty good for 'diy' bedroom music

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2017&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=shoegaze, dream pop&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

I'm too lazy to make a chart, plus I haven't heard a lot of the new releases to decide if RYM ratings are fair.

thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=vOYL-GKg-xA

Here's another one in the same vein.

>fazerdaze
might be the most generic gaze band this site of ringo deathstarr

bumping best general

That user from the last general was right, this is much better than IHGJ

So underrated, her voice is just beautiful.
Flux has always been my favorite, the D&B influence is a nice touch.

Was never crazy about Airiel but this song they did with Ulrich Schnauss is divine
youtube.com/watch?v=R1U0E-f55sY

My album's going to revolutionize the genre later this summer, just wait and see

I've been listening to that a lot this past week. My favorite song is either your imagination or emergency turn off

Always loved this one. Renamed to Should and, unbeknownst to me until recently, got back together and started putting out mediocre records.

This is a damn fine EP, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=KTYF9YNl3-w

This album is crazy underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=G7mUBb394JE

Classics. Absolutely essential.

This is an underrated one from the STCI. There are other songs that are much more shoegazey but this is my favorite from the Cold Water Flat record by Revolver.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pjUOUHHP_U

Actually meant to post this song but the whole record is solid so whatever.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CJeQ69_wA

Listening to it now, this a great album OP.

I think Moonshake did more "interesting" things after they abandoned shoegaze but this EP was really great and predicted a lot of the early post-rock sensibilities they'd go on to adopt later on while still giving us the yummy sheets of blissguitars.

youtube.com/watch?v=i-cmrJBIvGM

youtube.com/watch?v=5-aXjNTW_CI

Is Better Can't Make Your Life Better as much of a style change as I remember? Their first 2 albums were great, but I remember being really bummed they dropped the noise pop style.

Thanks, this is great. Could never get into Moonshake's later stuff but I like this a lot.

Not him but yeah, it's a big departure. BCMYLB sounds like the Monkees...

...but it's really great. I liked all their style changes. In fact, my favorite version of the Lilys was that one EP, A Brief History of Amazing Letdowns. It wasn't all MBV like 'In the Presence of Nothing' but it had its own sorta unique twist on an American take on the sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sbub0S303MI

Definitely influenced by American indie rock (which, of course, the Lilys are but they've always sounded British no matter what mood they were in).

Some of the best America had to offer!

An memba when the Dandy Warhols made a song called "Ride" that sounded just like Ride?

youtube.com/watch?v=tvhQjMkN_WA

And because I mentioned the Dandies, I gotta plug Anton & the Fucking Fruitcakes.

youtube.com/watch?v=cGXYmBkkwXc

Not very underrated, but they've always remained a little bit obscure.

is there any bjm albums you would recommend other than methodrone? I listened to mental illness but it wasn't really gazey or psychedelic at all.

Is Dig! any good?
I'm not big on rockumentaries but I've seen this mentioned a few times.

Well, the only shoegaze record is Methodrone and the other shit recorded in the beginning, singles, etc...

But one of Anton's favorite bands is Spacemen 3 and that sound rears its head on almost every record - but keep in mind that can be both the garage-y, noisy Spacemen 3 or the trippy An Rvening of Contemporary Sitar Music drone shit - although Sonic used E.A.R. and Spectrum for most of that delicious shit.

'Mental Illness' was more British Invasion. Try 'Give it Back' and 'Bravery, Repetition, & Noise' in that order. That's got loads of classic 60s psych stuff. Pretty heavy.

Yeah, "Dig!" is a fun doc and not wildly inaccurate. I partied with BJM on their tour for 'Take It From the Man" and they were fucking insane.

I wondered the same thing the other day and found Tepid Peppermint Wonderland. It's a 2 disc compilation, haven't listened to it yet.

Please don't be fucking wi us

Kevin?

I just listened to this for the first time and am currently downloading the defect in that one is bleach/we're hunting wolverines

glaretx.bandcamp.com - not super original but they do gaze really well, it has a much more claustrophobic and heavy feel I dig

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever - all over genre-wise but it's tasty, armadillo is really catchy and nobody home has a kinda HANL vibe

s3pmusic.bandcamp.com/album/chemical-spring-single - not that new but never seen it posted here, crazy catchy

uvii.bandcamp.com/album/lunacy - real short EP that just came out last week, the vocals are perfect, perfect for drifting along

this shit is NUTS. I swear to god, everyone talks about it being pretty or post-rocky but it's some devil-worship shit. this is some of the creepiest gaze I've ever listened to and I love it

This is one of the most unique albums in the genre

S E E F E E L

Is slowcore shugazi anyway?

Pleb confession time, I didn't like it.
Only one listen but it seemed really generic.

Why would you describe it as being dark?

Yeah.

Huh? Asia has sold millions of albums in the US alone, and they are not shoegaze at all.

Surprised this is never posted, I really like it. Nothing really original, but solid shoegaze/dream pop mix

I know what you mean, there's something other-worldly or demonic about it.

very bad name for a band

its one girl and not even shoegaze

this

doing it again

It was posted last thread and it was pretty bad

What actually are you hearing that makes it creepy?

/shugazi/ enough

Tone Bender, Periscope, and Claire Hates Me are perfect.

why like
why not not like

got any shoegaze mixed with dub? Like fishmans but with a mbv influence

youtu.be/QNzbm0q85U4

link me up bitch

Their next one's even more so.

Does Kramer have any shugazi-friendly music with any of the band's he's been in?

this is fire
youtu.be/I2PPxw1Z8ZA

youtu.be/I2PPxw1Z8ZA
is our nigga trent shugazi now

please recc

mega.nz/#!aBhDzAAS!WMV2q0G8eYdYTxN8F2ZHcLOXEoqCDPiY1TQCZ74efxQ

Low is probably the next best thing to G500 that he's been involved with. He discovered and produced them as well. Their music is uber-minimal slowcore but there is definitely a dreamy quality to it.

Bongwater's early stuff (Kramer's actual band) was very experimental and psychedelic, but not gazey in any way.

He came into the guitar shop where I used to work many years ago and was a super laid back dude.

f7b

>f7b
?

>f7b
what did he mean by this?

:)