Why has no cartoon ever even come close to prime Spongebob?

Why has no cartoon ever even come close to prime Spongebob?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KEmVaEItQdc
youtube.com/watch?v=sMXjtvMAFlI
youtube.com/watch?v=19qpqjebafg
youtube.com/watch?v=msO7w0NRmpY
youtube.com/watch?v=_84gBlRZwO0
youtube.com/watch?v=hFU_P6hFvXU
youtube.com/watch?v=MzLflJhtGFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Prime Spongebob only lasted 2 seasons. Hey Arnold and Courage the cowardly dog are definitely above Spongebob in their prime.

The sense of humor back then was so unique and still is.

Recess was better than hey arnold.

Prime Ren and Stimpy>Prime Spongebob

This generation of kids lack the attention-span to sit down and watch a cartoon while being fully focused and invested.

Thats not to say the generation before it were better, it was just more scheduled to come home from school everyday or waste time on the weekends and watch TV. Theres too many modes of entertainment now, theres too much competition.

Why bother trying when your demographic wont bandwagon and stay loyal toward quality if they get too bored?

>nobody mentions rugrats or doug anymore
>in 5 years it'll all be about whatever shit was on in the late 2000's
>and i'll still be on Sup Forums

I literally only watched anime as a child (well, post-thomas the tank engine phase). If there was some other animation on the tv as a kid, I'd ask my mom to change it "to the one with the bigger eyes". I dunno why but I could never get into other stuff. Just seemed to retarded for me.

>yfw you realize Spongebob has been on for 20 years now
>yfw you realize Spongebob is only 10 years younger than the simpsons
>both shows had great couple of seasons, but are long past their prime.

Really makes you think doesn't.

Doug is kept alive for meme potential.

>Prime Spongebob only lasted 2 seasons.

You mean 3 seasons?

Outta my way you under the sea shits GOAT cartoon coming through

3 seasons

>nobody mentions ... doug anymore
Good, I enjoyed it as a kid but as an adult you realize just how badly you do not want your kids growing up watching it. Sets terrible fucking examples for young males.

Why? I don't really remember it that well, but it didn't seem harmful

>yfw you realize Spongebob has been on for 20 years now

STOP TALKING SHIT

futurama pre reboot

>my solution to problems like bullying is to retreat into childish fantasy where I'm a superhero wearing underwear named Quailman who wollops the mean bullies
In a nutshell, Doug is written by a total oneitis having beta male type. Doug being seen as a character to relate to normalizes really negative behaviors.

How about cartoons that have been running for over a decade and yet manage to put out quality episodes?

Rig rats was literally Jewish propaganda like as told by ginger and Doug was and is a fucking cuck loser

>tfw my name is Doug
People always talking shit about me baka

You broke my grill?

>no ed, edd and eddy
Wtf guys

Recess was the true GOAT

>Spongebob even coming close to BTAS

Kids please leave

What show?

based recess

seriously?

I used to watch this show religiously and I have NEVER even thought that scene through until right now, wew lad

they didnt give af

wtf man

You should rewatch it, it has loads of adult humour

Prime Simpsons is the only animated show to ever rank up with the greatest written TV shows of all time.

Because you watched Spongebob when you were a kid.

The Recess films were pretty great

I was taken aback by this recess talk then thought to myself, you know I this "rule 34" thing is a thing, I wonder if anyone has ever decclared it on Ms. Finster? To my surprise, googling "ms finster nsfw" "ms finster rule 34" turned up nothing on Google. It was only when I searched for it on tumblr that I was able to find that image, which I guess was created because someone anonymously messaged the guy's tumblr and requested a "sexy ms finster." Oh keep in mind that was the only image I could find. Knowing how disgusting and weird internet autists are, I'm very surprised that there seems to be a deficit of 'lewd ms finster.'

neat.

DID YOU WATCH KID MUSCLE?? THAT WAS MY FAVORITE AND NO ONE REMEMBERS IT!! That shit was so good

There can only be one

Samurai Jack is in its own league

We must never let them be forgotten, where are the true OGs?

WAY WAY BACK IN THE 1980s

youtube.com/watch?v=KEmVaEItQdc

>You broke my grill?

Still haunts me to this day.

Whacky Deli is the best episode hands down.

Sup redditor.

I mean,
We must never let them be forgotten, where are the true OGs?

I always hated that this series was canceled but thinking about it again maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Flapjack was 10/10.

>Samurai Jack is reddit

Kill yourself

>you now realize that there are 15-17 year olds spamming random shit that is nostalgic to their childhood but is in now way decent
I bet any of you retards can't watch a single episode without picking up your phone or lurking 4chin

better to burn out than fade away

True Batkino

The Intro alone is fucking dope

youtube.com/watch?v=sMXjtvMAFlI

Show use to have such amazing intros

youtube.com/watch?v=19qpqjebafg

Such a good fucking show. Need to rewatch.

Perfect fucking show.

Why can't you faggots stay in your fucking containment board?

Pokemon and Yugioh had an abortion and it was this show that nobody but me remembers . I'll never post here again

youtube.com/watch?v=msO7w0NRmpY

Nope, two seasons. The first half of season 3 was still pretty good, but the second half shat a hole straight through the bed with how awful it was.

go back there

>tfw Britbong
>tfw had a whole channel just for Toonami

It really frustrates me when I'm watching something with someone and they pick up their phone in the middle of it, even worse when they ask me what happened.

>he didn't grow up in the late 90's watching Cartoon Network 8 hours a day
i'm sorry kid

Will Hillenburg resuming his position as showrunner lead to a return to form, or is it too far gone now?

Trips of truth
Rewatched this with my wife last year. She doesn't even like superheros or Batman and liked it. Definitely held up for me.

Right on the money with this. Season 3 was a battle between Hillenburg and the executives over control of the show. Awful half hour specials were forced out, decent writing was sacrificed for cheap humor, and all of the characters became hyperactive and willing to be complete jackasses to one another at the drop of a hat.

Even though it is still pretty funny, I often think of how wildly out of place the fucking 'Panty Raid' was for that show, and how the authenticity of the characters was mutilated for the sake of appealing to adult audiences. But hey, at the time it still proved successful.

Nickelodeon wanted to make a movie for years, Steve finally caved after turning it down several times, thinking that after the fact they'd allow him to end the show. It was a huge success, they didn't, and he bailed. So yeah, Season 3 was by all means the beginning of the end.

>Why has no cartoon ever even come close to prime Spongebob?
because it doesn't have nostalgia working for it

Spongebob has 3 good seasons. Nothing to lose your shit over.

Season 10 (which starts in October) is supposed to be the game changer. Hillenburg is taking some power back, the animation is supposed to have a massive improvement, and they're looking to appeal to the S1-3 crowd again. Will it work? Maybe...

holy shit who cares

If Hillenburg is so amazing, why didn't he produce a single worthwhile show after quitting Spongebob more than a decade ago?

>I often think of how wildly out of place the fucking 'Panty Raid' was for that show
really? you often think about this?

a single joke from an episode of a children's cartoon that aired 15 years ago

You could have been a doctor, user.

When thinking about the subject matter, yeah that comes to mind

No just kidding it still keeps me up at night.

Dexter's Lab, PPG and Samurai Jack were all better than Spongebob

Shit, it wasn't even the best show on Nickelodeon. You can't beat season 1 of Ren & Stimpy or Hey Arnold, or even Avatar before it turned to shit.

>Hey Arnold

I hope the film is gonna be good

>the old sky tv guide
HNNNG NOSTALGIA

hope leads to disappointment

you've got to kill it

Because he has a shitload of money?

i thought everyone remembered monsta rancher

If he never cared about the quality of Spongebob, and he never cared to create anything of worth, why would he suddenly care now?

>that 00' design

full nostalgia hard on

Fellow Doug here. Does it seem like people reference the show less than they used too when you tell them your name?

geez, this thing is disgusting compared to BTAS' into

best scene coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=_84gBlRZwO0

I AM THE CHEESE

I doubt it. How long have we known what the jungle movie was meant to be? Even if they manage to somehow nail the animation and voices despite getting rusty since 2002, we already know what's going to happen.

what the fuck were they thinking

>Doug was literally a beta cuck

Truly cerebral animation

>Hey Arnold

no

i really like ren and stimpy

thicccccccccc

>never cared about the quality of Spongebob
Except his run on the show was quality, he wanted the show to end with the movie so it wouldn't decline in quality, and when Nickelodeon forced it to continue he left

>never cared to create anything of worth
What about the first three seasons of Spongebob?

>why would he suddenly care now?
Well I'm sure the staff at Nickelodeon has changed a great deal since 2004. Perhaps they gave him a good offer, maybe they were looking for a return to form of the first three seasons and Hillenburg warmed to the idea, it's all just conjecture.

great cast
10/10 soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=hFU_P6hFvXU

if you don't like it, I can only assume you have terrible taste

BEHOLD TRUE KINO

youtube.com/watch?v=MzLflJhtGFs

Ren and Stimpy >>>>>>>>>>>Sponge Bob

Sponge Bob is cool though

I love SpongeBob, but Rocko is fucking great. Bloaty and Squirmy are fucking GOAT

Nobody user?

>You will never be a kid again
>You will never exist solely to watch quality cartoons

I acutally want to kill myself

WESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST