Why did he give apocalypse now a 6/10?

Why did he give apocalypse now a 6/10?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nnNz_Tewk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they sacrificed the water buffalo instead of fucking it

It wasn't a genre flick.

fucking kek

>>>"I know it's heresy but I don't really like to watch that many old movies. There's an obvious lack of quality on a technical level due to the primitive technology. Yeah sure, there's no doubt that Eisenstein and Bergman are very influential but in my opinion, their movies don't hold up. The people that tend to praise the films of Kurosawa and Welles are usually either pretending to be infatuated with them to give off the look that they're cinephiles or just take influence into account when it comes to cinema. I personally like to take an objective approach to film criticism and not take into account influence and other subjective variables."

is he right Sup Forums?

He doesnt watch Lynch's films because the DVD's dont offer chapter selection and fastforwarding. I hate him purely because of this stance

ATTENTION! Adam Johnston from YMS (YourMovieSucks.ORG) is a dog rapist and enjoys bestiality

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nnNz_Tewk

Because he fucks animals

He's right if you're autistic like him. Not joking.

REMINDER

I can't watch any movies before 70s for this reason desu. They're all shoddily made.

>My movies need to be in color and filmed with HD cameras
wew

Really makes you think...

Does he prefer Italian neorealism? Or French New Wave?

Holy fuck.

>Lawrence of Arabia
>The Bridge on the River Kwai
>12 Angry Men
>The Graduate
>The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
>For a Few Dollars More
>A Fistful of Dollars
>Once Upon a Time in the West
>2001: A Space Odyssey
>Dr. Strangelove
>Psycho
>countless other great films that have aged well
>"shoddily made"

This faggot is the worst "critic" on YouTube. I mean he is a bit right when he says people just talk about how great old movies to look like cinephiles, but he does the same thing with indie and foreign films. Most of the time nitpicks far too often, and when he gives negative reviews to a movie, he doesn't back up criticisms. He makes mindless statements such as "this was garbage" and "it totally sucked". He treats his opinion as fact and thinks he is objective in his reviews when he isn't. The faggot actually thinks he's smart when he isn't, typical Reddit clown who thinks he's so smart because he keeps about how great the cinematography is.

Dutch Oven.

no those movies r old and for pretentious ppl lol

Plebs

Hey Adam, shouldn't you be sucking dog dick right now?

How's it hanging, Adam? Your dog's cock, I mean.

You know what's a plebeian thing to do ? You guessed it right, raping innocent animals like Adam Johnston from YMS (YourMovieSucks.ORG) who is a dog rapist and enjoys bestiality

Like half of those are appropriately rated. Only Zodiac, Empire Strikes Back, The Village, Battle of the 5 Armies and Exorcist are big offenders.

The Graduate is an average movie with the least believable romance I've ever seen. The ending "oh shit" shot is the only real redeeming factor besides the soundtrack.

This is objectively wrong. Tons of pre-70s films were made well and still hold up.

If this quote doesn't convince you that this guy is not worth listening to, then you're hopeless.
He's one of the worst offenders in a generation of youtube critics that think that watching a lot of movies automatically makes your perspective on film valuable.
A generation of critics that think lampooning plot contrivances makes them intelligent, and not just your average dog rapist.

The performances are fantastic and Benjamin Braddock's autism is very funny, you pleb. It's more about comedy than believable romance.

Where in Canada does this dog fucker live?

the quote is fake

i think what is more disconcerting about him as a critic is the fact that he takes an objective approach to reviewing films. he will literally take points off for things like continuity errors.

Are there any actual good reviewers who don't spend 80% of their video on sketch comedy.

the quote is fake

i think what is more disconcerting about him as a critic is the fact that he, Adam Johnston from YMS (YourMovieSucks.ORG), is a dog rapist and enjoys bestiality.

Okay so it's a pretty funny movie with a stupid second half. How does that make it a masterpiece?

>taking seriously the opinions of a man who fucks dogs

The performances + the soundtrack + the second half is just as funny as the first half + the ending is perfect. That's what makes it a masterpiece.

>There's an obvious lack of quality on a technical level due to the primitive technology. Yeah sure, there's no doubt that Eisenstein and Bergman are very influential but in my opinion, their movies don't hold up
I was just about to cite Eisenstein as an example of why "technical level" shouldn't be a contributing factor for your enjoyment of a movie if you really enjoy cinema. Soviet cinema of that era is almost completely incomparable to contemporary cinema, it features a more direct and expressive manner of editing that drives the narrative unlike any other film movement. Any lover of film would at least appreciate the unique quality of these films. Calling them outdated is completely absurd because the creation of unique conventions and mode of address made these films timeless. It's equatable to saying you're a lover of paintings and visual art but can't get into baroque or renaissance art because they lack the clean refinement of digital products.
>The people that tend to praise the films of Kurosawa and Welles are usually either pretending to be infatuated with them to give off the look that they're cinephiles or just take influence into account when it comes to cinema
pretentious cunt
>I personally like to take an objective approach to film criticism and not take into account influence and other subjective variables
oh okay he's just plain retarded then cool

But there's really nothing particularly impressive about its story or writing. And it got ripped off by every rom com ever made so it feels beyond stale nowadays.

Wow

why did he give The Guest 2/10

>Transformers = The Exorcist, Gremlins, Ex Machina and Star Wars

I prefer neorealism and spent most of my time at uni writing about the movement, but I've seen far more new wave movies just because they're easier to watch and tend to put me in a good mood.

I also hate Godard and his ideology but I love Pierrot le fou ad Band of Outsiders.

Adam johnston fucked me in the ass

A dog

hahahahaha jesus christ what a tool

Why is fine with fucking dogs?

Sup fido

The plot isn't really anything impressive but I think the comedic writing is pretty good and holds up very well. A billion rom coms have shamelessly ripped it off but I feel like there's an unusual quirk to the humor that isn't in most rom coms. For instance, most rom coms end with everything being wonderful but The Graduate ends with the main characters realizing "oh shit, what the fuck have we just done?"

I haven't seen it but the critical reception of the original Transformers movie was relatively warm, only in hindsight people tend to hate it because of the shitty sequels. Also there's since between a pure aesthetic movement that praise the Transformers movie for its minimal narrative approach and kinetic, chaotic visuals - people refer to it as a kind of "pure action". I doubt Adam understands that but it may be a reason why he subconsciously likes it.

Kek

Everyone coming out of Transformers 1 just didn't care that much.
I specifically remember talking to the people I went with and saying it was a "light show".
The visuals were neat just because up until that point we had only seen transformers as very simplistic block characters.
I don't think anyone saw it as good though, people just assumed that was that.
It seemed like just another franchise CGI flick that would pass from memory.
Putting it on the level of The Exorcist just because the sequels got worse is ludicrous.

Yeah but it's pretty disgusting that he thinks a bunch of masterpieces are no better than Transformers.

yeah yeah I get you both, I was just playing devil's advocate, I even admitted I'd never seen the movie.

Holy fucking shit what a piece of shit.
And you'd think your opinion of a "youtube reviewer" couldn't sink lower.

>not watching the regular version and rating that instead of the redux version
fuck this faggot

also he changed his rating for fight club from a 9 to an 8 when people started making fun of him on here for it

he is self conscious about what people think about his taste

Muh fries.

top cake

Keep in mind when Edge of Tomorrow came out he made a review where he shit all over it because the time travel stuff triggered his autism. Then when everyone pointed out he was being an autist and letting minor details ruin the movie for him he made another review where he once again spent most of the review nitpicking minor details about the time travel stuff. He probably hates The Guest because he thinks the super soldier shit doesn't make sense.

His "favourite movie" list.

There isn't anything particularly wrong with this, but that's precisely the problem in my opinion. There's no cohesiveness or personality throughout, it is very clear that he doesn't really have an opinion and feeds off what other people say. This doesn't look like a person's opinion, rather what a company would comprise to be the most agreeable. The only element that really ties almost every movie is that they're modern and from the States, but that brings into question whether he's being disingenuous about The Holy Mountain or House.

Also notice how there is never a "lesser work" of a director, it is always the most popular/acclaimed movie of a given director. There is no reason why someone who is a fan of The Holy Mountain wouldn't also put El Topo or Santa Sangre on the list, Alejandro Jodorowsky makes stylistically very similar movies, unless Adam had only seen The Holy Mountain. If that is the case one has to question how he could claim it is his favourite movie yet never bothered with any of his other films. If he had bothered with his other movies but didn't like them as much (because they're not as acclaimed or mainstream) it completely invalidates the placement of The Holy Mountain all together.

I know I'm looking into this too much but this who list feels disingenuous. Also the fact that I doubt there is a single movie on this list that everyone in this thread wouldn't have heard of. It's like Adam isn't willing to deviate from the norm or have any strong opinions.

you sound pretty spot on.
I've met a lot of people who do similar things, some people will even list a favorite movie that they only know the premise of.

?

Muh brides.

I think he changed his rating for The Dark Knight Rises too when he realized that literally no one else took it seriously.

I feel like 6/10 is just his go-to score when he doesn't actually want to talk about a movie.

No one could possibly be this retarded

He also changed his scores for Avatar and Titanic. They used to be 8/10 but after Sup Forums mocked him he changed them to 7/10. It's pretty obvious he lurks here and gets upset when people mock his pleb taste.

Because He's a dog fucking hack.

L M A O

M

A

O

god thats so pathetic, though im sure he's going to pass it off as "ive seen more movies guys, opinions change"

>Transformers is just a good as Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Gremlins, Zoolander, The Exorist, Apocalyspe Now, and is fucking better than Skyfall
>Lego Movie is better than than all those movies I listed and is better than most of those I didn't
wew

well he does have a point because old movies get notoriously overrated, but not watching them makes you a fucking pleb if you don't even understand where modern movies came from and where tarantino and whoever stole their ideas from

>his pleb taste
I assume you're referring to Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality?

i like El Topo and Santa Sangre way more than Holy Mountain. HM is cool but Santa Sangre is a much better narrative.

I also think it's funny Adam has stuff like Black Dynamite on his list when he has probably never seen a blacksploitation movie and Kill Bill when he has never seen Lady Snowblood or the half of the shit Tarantino is referencing because he doesn't watch old movies. When he reviewed Bad Lieteunant he had no idea who Herzog was.

believe it

also overrated: Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

KEK

I think it's funny (not ha-ha funny) that Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms) is a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

What a crazy person with crazy opinions. Also he's Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality

Is there evidence to this, or are you just memeing?

Hear me now and believe me later: Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality wants to pump...your dog's dick.

You've never run across Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms), the dog rapist who enjoys bestiality.

He isn't wrong.

hi adam

He said that morally he is ok with beastiality because if you're ok with killing and eating animals, then having sex with them is also acceptable. It's more just an early teenager's edgy nihilistic opinions of moral issues. He's also a confirmed furry who gets off on fursuits.

People then decided that this means he fucks his dog. There's nothing to say that he does, really.

I should say:
Nothing to say he does fuck his dog OTHER than what I mentioned in the post.

Obviously what I mentioned in the post makes it seem like he's the type to fuck a dog.

>It's more just an early teenager's edgy nihilistic opinions of moral issues.
Argue against it.

That's fucking retarded
We eat animals for sustenance, we don't have to fuck animals for nutrients

How am I supposed to argue when I'm not provided with an argument to argue against?

Adam makes an assumption that if killing animals is OK than fucking them is also, providing no backing proof or supporting arguments other than his own flawed cognitive functions and mental disorders.

Yeah basically. I didn't really take it as a 'he fucks animals' thing, though. I bet he KNOWS people who fuck animals and he's trying to defend it in this weird stupid kinda way. You can see where he's coming from but its still fucking dumb.

>The Lion King

Yeah, I totally believe it's that high up there because he's a fan of animation and Elton John, and for the fact that it intilled a fetish in him to want to fuck animals.

Answer: Bestiality isn't morally wrong, it just makes you a fucking weirdo.

that's not his argument. He believes that animals can consent.

I'm pretty certain it isn't at all.
His argument is "you are a hypocrite if you say 'ew thats gross' when you have animals killed so you can eat them"

Doesn't this guy fuck dogs? I can't speak for you guys but I'm not too worried about the opinions of a dogfucker.

His argument is that if an animal is aroused it's OK to fuck it. Animals cannot give you their consent because they can't fucking speak.

Also important to say that he says he doesn't actually think people SHOULD do it, and that he literally only says what's ok is stuff that is non-penetrative.
His main thing is 'they should not be jailed'

>When a dog mounts you with an erect penis, he doesn't want to fuck your poophole.

You're probably the kind of guy that asks a girl if it's okay to fuck her instead of picking up on non-verbal signals.

He also claims only vegans have a right to complain about it.

Go fuck yourself Adam. Oh wait you don't have to you already have your dog.

>consent can only be given verbally

Yea, have fun being a KV forever.

I'd rather stay a kissless virgin for 100 years than lose my virginity to a fucking dog, Adam, you fucking sicko.

First of all, if you let your dog fuck you you're a fucking disgusting individual. Second of all, what you and Adam ignore is legalizing bestiality opens the door to humans raping animals. For every one case of a dog fucking a human you would have nine cases of some sick fuck tying down his dog and violently fucking it up the ass.