Why do yankees not take this cup seriously?

The finals rounds of the CCL are during the MLS off season.
Not enough star power in the tournament.
MLS isn't competitive yet.

It suck

Mexicans are better and win it every time.

continental > national

So it seems

the Yankees play baseball dummy

Murricans only take child and teen soccer seriously.

Zero marketing. I didn't even know this tournament existed until I saw a Mexican shitpost about it last week.

not really because their children and teens are literal garbage, both men and women

>their

Tienes que salir, chicano de mierda

Because even most reasonably knowledgable American soccer fans aren't familiar with most of the (non-MLS) clubs and players involved.

Of course I want MLS teams to do well, but I'd much rather >my team win an MLS Cup and I'd much rather see Americans succeed in Europe.

Literally timing of the tournament and general lack of quality.

It still baffles me you retards stop in december and start again in march.

Seriously you're ruining your players

2 reasons:

MLS is one of the worst publicized sports in the media, so nobody will even know if something is happening in MLS unless its the cup final, or WC play, which even then is barebones

Secondly, our MLS teams are shit, so nobody wants to even mention us getting blown out in some tournament many people have never heard of

its like -20C with blizzards during that time in lots of parts of north america

take the coldest it gets in Argentina andmake that 20-30 farenheit colder and you'll have your answer

The weather in many parts of the country is frozen hellhole tier. That and not wanting to compete with the Nfl.

Doesn't stop urop

>not wanting to compete with the Nfl.
So that's the real reason

It's because we don't care about MLS. These are the most popular soccer leagues in the USA, in order:

1. Liga MX (Tigres/Chivas/America)
2. Premier League (Man United/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs)
3. La Liga (Barca/Madrid)
4. MLS
5. Serie A (Inter/Milan/Juve)
6. Women's Pro Soccer
7. Bundesliga (Bayern/Dortmund)
8. Ligue 1 (PSG only)

If you count the Champions League, then MLS drops down to 5th. El Clasico literally got 20 times as many viewers as the MLS final. We barely pay attention to our own league, why on earth would we care about MLS teams playing some random Central Americans in the middle of the NBA playoffs?

The Northern USA is just as cold as parts of Russia and Scandinavia in the winter. You can't play games in December or January here.

>doesn't stop urop

uhh it literally does stop the leagues where it gets as cold as our winter does

Fucking pochos

>Doesn't stop urop

That's because most of Europe doesn't get as cold as the northern US. The only country that does get this cold, Russia, takes a three-month winter break. Even Germany takes a 1 month break.

The average winter temperature in Chicago is -6 C (20 F). The average temperature in Minneapolis is -9.1, and in Toronto it's -7. You would have to be retarded to make players run around for 90 minutes in that weather. The ball and grass would be frozen.

i'd have to know what it is before i formed an opinion on it