>15 minutes in brother starts looking at Facebook on his phone
>mom falls asleep
>she wakes up at the end and said was too hokey and she didn't like it at all

Kill
Me

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/DE3jhvl.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to say its because it was released in the 70's OP, when people didn't have anything better to do at home than to sit in front of the tele box so it's edited with a different pacing.

But the exact same thing happened when I tried to show my family True Detective.

>wakes up at the end and said was too hokey
Spot on. Based. Glad I stuck it in her last week.

Don't put your heart into recommendations, or even really expect people to enjoy them. All you can do is suggest.

This show is from the 90's.

>I want to say its because it was released in the 70's
Fucking millennials are so retarded that they can't tell the difference between the 70s and the 90s

1991 though

>tfw you want more shows that are like soap operas but actually interesting/experimental

Just hide the thread bro.

>Dad recommended it
>I wasn't sure what to think at first
>Stuck it out though because I'm not a faggot
>mfw it became one of my favorite TV shows ever

I fucking hate when I'm watching something with a friend and they're just sitting there on their phone.

>just got the soundtrack on vinyl
>decide to rewatch the series
>coffee and pie every night
>tell my mom about it
>she starts watching it
>is now addicted to it
>feels good man

Honestly, I can understand why most people wouldn't like it. Some of the acting is over the top, but that's what Lynch was going for. It's a pastiche of the american soap opera. For some that don't see it coming, the supernatural elements are off putting as well. Personally, I find most of the actor's portrayals completely engrossing, so that's what kept me watching and interested in the story as it unfolded. Plus, I like weird shit, and the show's sense of humor is right up my alley.

I find it werid your mom didnt like it because half of TP is basically a Soap Opera but you know actually good.

Quads wasted on stupidity

People's attention span is becoming shorter and shorted. It won't be too long before coming in 8 seconds will be considered a good thing. Thank you, based evolution.

so this show gets a lot of praise on this board. explain to me what makes it so good/ popular

>showing patrician movies/show to plebs

You had it coming. I just assume everyone I will meet is like this because it is true and I only watch the alone and discuss them with my Sup Forums brehs.

>because it was released in the 70's

Terrible movie experiences with family thread?

I watched Punch-Drunk-Love for the first time with my family, my mother was bored for most of the time and my dad was just confused, kept calling the main character a freak and asking "who the fuck watches this?"
In my defense, I thought it was a comedy, considering it's a Sandler film from his golden age.

It's shit.
Tried to watch it several times, it has the worst acting, worst photography and worst script i have ever seen.
But people praise because "it was on pourpose"
I don't care if my cheef puts shit in my dinner on pourpose, it's still shit.
For reference look at this scene
i.imgur.com/DE3jhvl.jpg
You can watch that shit and keep a straight face, people like it because it's cool to like it.

this is the only correct way to go about watching kino

Guess your parents just suck OP. My parents loved it. And their taste is pretty plebian, especially my mom's.

My mom isn't big on weird shit like this (we tried watching Eraserhead together, for example, and she was just constantly "what the fuck"ing every few minutes) yet she loved Twin Peaks when it originally aired, so she enjoyed watching it with me even though she had trouble following along sometimes.

I can't wait for the new season.

I've been on this board for about 7 years and these are the worst quads I have ever seen

>wasting quads this hard
shame on you, shame on your family, shame on your cow!

>tfw tried watching because everyone said how awesome it was
>tfw got bored and turned it off
I don't even care if that makes me a pleb. If not being a pleb means sitting through that garbage, I'll happily accept my fate as pleb.

I'm so proud. I still can't that we actually mem'd a quality show for grown ups into existence and made Showtime believe plebs would like it too. Now it's too late for Showtime to pull out, it's already in post, plebs will hate it but seriously who expected something else anyway.

Enjoy the last good tv show in the universe bros.

it aged horribly and feels like a Lifetime movie
the acting is god awful and everything is just cringey in general especially all the American high school stereotypes

>I'm so proud. I still can't that we actually mem'd a quality show for grown ups into existence and made Showtime believe plebs would like it too.
WE DID IT REDDIT!

cry more baneposter

That's because true detective is shit

fuck

>Twin Peaks is my mom's favorite tv show
>bought her the blu ray box set as a gift
Inheritance: confirmed

>released in the 70's

>Fucking millennials are so retarded that they can't tell the difference between the 70s and the 90s
Speaking of millennials, which generation had the better television growing up?

If you don't like Twin Peaks, you're pretty much a pleb.

The soundtrack is what kills this show for me, just like with most other 90s shows. For some reason, back then it was deemed necessary that the music soundlevels completly overpower and drown out anything else including the dialog. I don't know how I never noticed this shit when I was younger, but it's fucking everyhwere in older tv shows. Just recently tried to rewatch X-Files and same shit.

The soundtrack is one of the best parts. The words of dialogue do not matter so much as the pure emotion of the scene taken as a whole.

If I made a film you wouldn't be able to make out any of the dialogue because why do audiences even deserve to know what my characters are saying?

>told two of my friends how much I loved it
>they begrudgingly give it a shot, just to humour me
>they love it
>they both show it to their gfs
>THEY love it

Feels pretty good.

I wish I had a girl to share it with ;_____:

why is she listed in the S3 cast didn't she die in the last episode?

Twin Peaks is just ok, it's a very unsatisfying show with some good moments and a generaly pleasant atmosphere.
My sisters are tvshows/film buff so i don't have this problem. But with friends it's a nightmare, most of the time they'll start playing with their fucking phone after 10min.

Not necessarily.

She was on the opposite side of the room to the blast. She could have gotten out with pretty minor injuries.

>Father told me to watch it
>Talking to father everyday about it
>Almost every conversation with him has a quote from the show
>Sister walks into the room
>Sister is also a fan

It's alright, OP. High art is not for everyone.

>Show it to some friends
>They enjoy it
>Watch several episodes with them, they're totally hooked
>They stop watching after S2E01

Why.

>tell (much younger) gf that we should watch it
>"oh yeah it's some kinda classic show, cool :D"
>pilot episode is 1,5 hours long
>"oh no, user, let's not watch that. Let's watch episode 2 it's much shorter :D"

I am in episode 12 right now and jesus christ I envy your friends for not seeing that shit show

I liked seasons two. Of course, it wasn't nearly as good as seasons one but still enjoyable.
The thing is, they keep telling me not to spoiler them about the reveal of the murderer, yet they just won't watch the show. It's been over a year now.

I know. Sweet, but a fucking dumbass adhd, like girls are.

I feel like the first ~6 episodes are okay but after you discover who killed her everything feels kinda dull, underwhelming and such
also most of the story lines in season 2 are kinda dumb IMO

That's sound lovely user!

I like Windom Earle a lot, although he seems a bit predictable as Cooper's antithesis.

I haven't gotten to him yet but other characters like Lucy's sister and Dick are annoying and pointless
other storylines like Nadine's are pretty dumb IMO
something about this season just dosen't feel like season one and like a project by David Lynch... I hope the revival will be good

>other storylines like Nadine's are pretty dumb IMO
That's a matter of taste, I guess. I thought it was funny but not on par with what we got in season one.
Anyway, I often read about people complaining about Nadine's super strength, that it came without any foreshadowing. People may not like it, but it was definitely foreshadowed when Ed entered their home and dropped oil on the cotton.

>implying that isn't the point
she could also be in a red room scene, we don't know
up until the big reveal season two is still great though, some moments are better than season 1 imo
>meals on wheels
>leland being an absolute madman
>one-armed man and bob

To me it felt like people who don't understand Twin Peaks made season 2, personatly most of it felt really out of place
Leland killing cousin and the it is happening again was kino, one of the best episodes of the show IMO