Proper way to cook a steak. What is the correct way?

Proper way to cook a steak. What is the correct way?
>pro tip, anything above medium is incorrect.

Good job, OP

medium rare

we're not all satanic vampires like you that like the fat fucking taste cow blood.

rare master race reporting in

If the meat is still red. It's not ready. DisCUSTing

The meat lose its taste if its more then medium rare

actually retarded, steak is supposed to be pink/reddish on the inside, it's not fucking chicken holy shit

Agreed

Steak is not dangerous as long as the outside is seared. Pink on the inside is how it's supposed to be prepared. Ground beef (burgers) is a different matter: it does need to be cooked to full temperature.

/thread

foodsafe for dummies

Medium rare for sure, that shit is great

you guys are faggots

i like my steak like pic

Only niggers and bitches eat well done steak

Mid Rare is what I aim for and I'll eat rare to medium

>STOP LIKING THINGS THAT I DON'T

Exactly. At most, a good steak could use a marinade, or some kind of rub. If you have to drown it in steak sauce, it's fucking ruined.

This master race.

If it's really good steak and not super thick, I want rare.

Medium rare if it's not a fantastic steak or if its very thick. I don't like like a full 3/4 inch of rare meat.

Medium if its shitty meat or a hamburger or something.

Med-well and well is pointless. Why are you wasting money on a steak? Pot roast meat with a nice sauce will cost 1/4 as much and taste nicer.

Except for the med-rare/rare distinction, which I admit is a personal preference, this is not an opinion. This is fact. If you ruin a 25 dollar piece of meat by cooking it through, you are objectively an idiot.

the best rub is Everglades. if you don't like it, you're lying.

i like my steaks like i like my smurfs, blue and seasoned with hate

don't use a non stick pan like I did, to get the sear I had it on medium and that damaged the non stick layer of the pan, I cant use it to cook things like eggs and salmon because they stick, I got a cheap cast iron and it works a lot better

I like well done the most.

Cast iron best

i have advice for you

stop using a stove

and use a fucking grill

Medium rare. Snap peas. Redskin mashed potatoes. Side caesar. Ice water. Neat whiskey.

Last time I got a steak rare it was in a swanky joint in Vegas for my b-day. I figured hey, nice kitchen, expensive strip, let's get it bloody this time around.

That shit was stone cold in the center by the time I was halfway through. Still ate it, was delicious, but I just like it to still be warm until I finish the bloody thing. Call me crazy.

>au pouve

muh nigga

>confirmed for bobby flay-ag
oven steak or cast iron steak is best steak

you are autistic

charcoal just gives it an amazing flavour, you should try it if you haven't before

This user gets it

The "correct" way is to leave it as bloody as possible then lord over everyone else because you have fine taste

or you could grow the fuck up and eat it how you personally like it

>Implying I don't have a 400 dollar webber charcoal grill/smoker in my backyard
>Implying I don't grill all the time
>Implying I don't know about charcoal master race

I love grilling, but it won't get you the best cooked, most tender tasting steak. It just won't. And cooking a big thick top quality steak to perfect med rare on charcoal is difficult enough to be basically guesswork

I find that ketchup really brings out the flavor in a good steak.

gtfo now

Not even cast iron you piece of shit non stick walmart cunt. Eat your shit and end it pleb

s t o p

Did he fuck your mother and never call her back or something? Jesus.

Proper way. Sous-vide to medium, medium rare, rare. Grill or pan fry in the sear.

This is true. Seared rare, flipping regularly, throw in some crushed garlic and some butter to baste over the steak in its last couple of minutes in the pan is magical.

Tgis Is why I never eat steak with a huge piece of meat like this. It's never cooked. Disgusting. I only eat this kind of meat when it's in tacos

Ew

If you want the best steak, then sous vide is the only way to go.

I eat a steak to taste steak while I eat steak.

Unless you're buying grade f beef using any sauces other than the juice from the pan is sacrilege.

You should know this.

Medium rare is perfectly acceptable user. I still like mine rare, I just expect the coolness in the center after a bit and it doesn't personally ruin the experience for me. For well marbled cuts medium rare is actually the best option because it's just enough heat to let that fat throughout the steak melt into the meat and provide a ton of flavor.

I like mine medium rare.
Anyone else think a raw steak looks tasty as fuck?

Don't forget to buy a Diet Coke for the wifey. It's her birthday afterall.

This isn't a sorcery thread user, keep that shit on /x/

I rag on my dad all the time for cooking his steak well. He grew up poor in a Third World country so he had to make sure his food was cooked thoroughly.

But now he complains that his steak is tough and dry, and I'm like "no shit, the steak is blacker than a nigger in a dark room".

Medium Rare or Rare for me. Anything else is a sin.

>not using Montreal Steak Spice dry rub.

Reverse sear cunt

You're all fags, chicken is best raw master race

Can't help it. Bought one for under $200 and I'm never going back to full pan fried or grilled steak. It's cooked to perfection every time. Even T-Bones.

A generous rub of sea salt a half hour before cooking and cracked black pepper is all the seasoning I need man. Add a little butter at the end, and I actually like a squeeze of a wedge of lemon:

>All these pussy faggots saying medium or above

Fucking blue or rare is where it's at niggers.

You are an educated and cultured gentleman. I like you.

>let's do a 1 1/4" boneless ribeye:

beef at room temp
salt/pepper rub (other stuff per personal taste - some rosemary/garlic. your choice)
fire up cast iron griddle/skillet on charcoal to ~600 (smoking chips optional)
4 minutes one side, 3 on next while covered
don't poke, move around
finish off with clarified butter or ghee
pull off, let set for at least 5 minutes

adjust time, not temp for different thickness.

fuck filets - no taste
fat is your friend
my favorite is bone in t-bone, but that's me
different cuts taste different
keep it simple
learn to judge doneness by touch

If it ain't practically charcoal and drowned in ketchup its not woth eating.

I agree whole heartedly with your sentiments on filet with the exception of a nice, fat bone in filet. The bone makes all the difference in flavor. It's essentially just the filet side of a t/bone/porterhouse. But a big bone in cut is nice.

lol, just use a fucking pan. cast iron, teflon, piece of metal doesn't fucking matter. as long as it gets hot

I like it medium to medium rare but have to get it medium well or it messes with my stomach.

Grow up

You go ahead and keep using your dollar store non stick then.

don't even fucking cook it. just eat the steak raw like a real man

Blue rare is okay if you have a great butcher. No meat otherwise because what's the point. You kids eating overcooked sacrificed soles disgust me.

Seems to me like he did and you forgot to.

I agree, I just kept that out of the equation for first timers, new to the game. They've always required a lot more attention than boneless.

Medium rare. Any other answer is wrong. Just ask Gordon.

OP your whore wife is a sub-dog. She isn't even good enough to be considered a bitch. Get rid of the cunt.

Put it on a pan. sear it. add some water. put lid on pan. let water boil under lid until there is none. Take lid off. Juicy and well done.
Or if you pay no mind to Jewish fables, boil it in milk.

Hello Mr President.

OP here. You, sir, have my seal of approval. That steak looks absolutely perfect. Well done with the lightly dressed potato.

>1" thick bone in ribeye, dry aged

>dust lightly with garlic salt and black pepper

>throw on blazing hot oak coals

>three minutes

>flip

>1.5 minutes

Done

OP here. I don't actually have a wife. I just found the image and thought it was accurate based on dates I've had in the past, and my own mother's abysmal taste in steak.

I'll take "steak tartare" for two hundred, please, Alex.

Love me some proper steak tartare. A restaurant in my area serves it proper with a quail egg on top, and adds shaved black truffles. Unreal.

It's cooked Sous Vide to a perfect medium rare. Roasted potato with some herb butter is sublime. My gf buries her potato under a ton of butter and sour cream and cheese and bacon bits and chives. I usually hate fuck her on a night like that

That is a gorgeous looking ribeye there sir. Nice grill marks.

this

I want me some raw hamburger. Maybe crack an egg on it as you walk it by the stove.

Also, gimme a kale salad, and I think I'll wash it down with a delicious tomato aspic and some boiled okra. Bring me a shot of galliano while we're at it.

If you haven't involuntarily gagged yet I'm not doing my job.

Butter or herb butter is all that's needed. A slight dollop of sour cream is acceptable. But cheese and bacon and shit tons of sour cream is just vile and over the top. Unless you're stoned and eating that as a snack by itself.

>What is the correct way?
The way you like to taste it, you baiting insecure cuck

Please don't call me that here. They think I'm out playing golf.

Anyone man enough for a cannibal sandwich? Delicious and totally worth the minimal risk. Trick is getting the chuck ground fresh by a good butcher and preparing it right away, saving the rest of the chuck for proper burgers.

Forgot pic

Oh and I forgot just to make the kiddos mad, I order mine Medium well and I do it every single time

The real question, Why are women so fucking stupid and was it a woman who said they belong in the kitchen because they suck at that too?!

I nearly gave myself a stroke trying to type out a trump-esque tweet. So suffice with this

>SAD

sous vide then sear it on the grill

In countries where sour cream isn't sour, salt and large amounts of the national version of crème fraîche are just what baked or roast potatoes need.

I don't see where (or how) masculinity figures into this.

And you just called my grandfather a woman.

buying a sous vide machine for steaks was the best thing i ever did. I hate eating meat thats just grilled and turned into the burnt tasteless crap people think is good

>boil it in milk
In Italy, that's called "sugo di signore". I did a tenderloin roast like that once, very nice.

Steak tartare is not hamburger meat. It's ground steak. Often, they'll sear the outside of the steak (where the bacteria live - they cannot penetrate muscle, they live on the surface), cut off the seared part, and grind the rest. Makes it safe to eat.

Hamburger meat is ground before cooking.

My rule of thumb is
Steaks:
>Rare to medium rare
Hamburger meat:
>Well done 100% of the time

Sous Vide beef brisket. 30 hours in the bath at 155. 8 hours on the smoker at lowest heat

you got out of the closet

steak- mid rare
hamburger- mid well
ground beef for spaghetti/chili etc- well done

You were close.

idiot

ypu are ging to die, retard, renal disease is coming