THE CONJURING 2 OMG

Jeeeeesus fucking CHRIST

Do you think horror will ever be good again?

I think it will, the sad part is I won't be alive to see it cause it will take AT LEAST 60 years

goddamn it, FUCK this formulaic pile of steaming shit

Was this as religious and cliché as the first one?

its never really been good m80. it was always a way for studios to make cheap movies for large profits

there is the occasional horror kino but it doesnt happen often

Modern horror is dead as a duck, OP.

However, as bad as they are as horror movies, I really enjoy the Conjuring movies as supernatural thrillers. If you stop considering them as horror films and as spooky mysteries being solved by the couple, it's much better.

the basement mirror stuck with me. i'm scared of mirrors in basements now.

worse

its literally the same story with minor changes m8

at this point, if you've seen like 5 horror movies after 1990, you've seen them all

there might be interesting aspects into some of them, but theyre SO minor you'd had to have a fuckton of patience to locate them

Structure became too blatant. The fork in the road, the trough of hell, the midpoint twist, it's all too familiar shlock.

The Enfield Haunting was an actual documented ghost case from back in the day and they surprisingly stuck to the story very well. It was neat seeing that.

As I said, I enjoy them as mysteries or thrillers, as horror movies they fail completely, and I like the Warren couple. I want them to stray from being horror to straight up cases to be investigated, drop the horror act.

Fucking finally. I got reamed for saying it was a derivative piece of shit from anyone (IRL and Sup Forums).

>I WROTE DOWN YOUR NAME

Dumb fucking shit.

I get what youre saying and youre "right".

The point is, this movie advertises itself as 'horror' and its not that by a longshot.

What youre saying could be also presented as "hey I have a really weird sense of humor and these movies, to me, personally, work as great comedies, so theyre great comedies".

You cant dress something up to suit yourself when it presents itself as something else. This shit isnt horror. Its, at best (like you put it) a "mystery" but the point is, it doesnt market itself as that. And again, I know what you mean and I respect it, the point is, when I wanna watch horror, and go to watch something advertised as that, dont give that bland fucking formulaic shit.

Horror has never been good and never will be.

Oh I agree completely. I'm just tired of the horror genre these days because everything's derivative and safe or tries to be too over the top, so I'm trying to make the best of what I have, you know?

pic related would like to have a word with you

yeah I know, most of this shit I watch with my gf and we treat it as lazy comedies tbqh, otherwise theyre just unbearable, and thats ok. We do have a great time. The point is, theres literally a whole GENRE out there advertising itself as such and it hasnt been that since at least the 80's.

Im sure you know what im talking about. I wouldn't have a problem with a genre generating 2-3 movies a year worthy of the genre's name and 95 movies which you can watch just for fun depending on your sense of humor/entertainment..

The point is, we have ZERO movies, which they ALL advertise themselves as HORROR and AT BEST they could be amateur youtube documentaries...and people just keep supporting this industry of lies with their money cause "hey its saturday night and I wanna watch a 'horror' movie with my girl or mates...oh hey this posters has 'horror' written on it, so lets just watch that HUUUUUR"

and THATS how you have shit like paranormal activity become a motherfucking goddamn FRANCHISE

why do people pretend this movie is good

why do your parents pretend to love you?

because theyre not 16yo fucking faggots, only being impressed by expe3cted jumpscares you asshole

go watch "unfriended" again, to be scared, you millennial pussy

horror is the worst movie genre, and horror fans are the most absolutely tasteless and plebian of all movie lovers

prove me wrong

The genre is stagnant because the modern world is jaded to decades of literary and cinematic movements that have deconstructed and anaylzed everything to hell and back and we're left with no direction to go. We've been saturated with every idea and trope. The modern world's fears don't translate well into horror, horror often takes on the fears of the era, body horror stuff and infection in the 80s, that sort of thing, but there's nothing for the modern audience. Spiritual horror doesn't scare us anymore because of the sheer prevalence of atheist and mainstream anti-religious thought, body horror doesn't scare us anymore because of the opening up of subcultures and underground societies and their ideas, our greatest fears and controversies today are terrorism and how do you make a horror movie about terrorists? The simultaneous loosening and constriction of modern society kind of leaves us just scrounging around in the past for formulas to reiterate. Can't make a horror about religious extremism, no no, that wouldn't do for the PC crowd. So that's why we have so many safe ghostly horror movies now that don't push the envelope.

OP here, youre right

I dont watch """"horror"""" movies exclusively though...THOSE are the worst people youre describing. I just wanna be disturbed by a film every once in a while but that hasnt happened in the last 15 years

People who claim they only watch "horror movies" are the equivalent of emo kids in the mid-2000's. Fuck them

horror has never been good

I honestly don't think of these movies as pure horror movies. They're more like thrillers...basically like X files or something.

wtf i hate horror now

While I agree in part with what youre saying, I also disagree. Horror is horror. It doesnt have to be specific like terrorism and shit. It just has to be executed well and most movies dont do that shit because jumpscares and lame, derivative shit also bring them the money they want so, why bother. Who the fuck cares about the "true fan's" opinion as long as the shit you produced made money?

Fear is inherent to the human condition and it ALWAYS will be. It doesnt have to do with societal fears like "terrorists"...the shit we're scared of, as human beings, dont change that much. These fears have been going on for thousands of years with exactly the same severe impact. The point is, why bother make something truly horrific when you can make "horror movie generic # 29393939" and make some money out of it?

So hardxcore

not memeing just saying that it was never intended to be a genre that makes kino

But horror is about everything from human instinctual fears to societal fears. Zombie movies work on two different levels, It Follows did, too, you can find examples of all kinds of trends of horror movies throughout the years, but I'm no sociologist. In general, horror a lot of the time tends to follow societal fears, that change from decade to decade, which ultimately, under their surfaces, are things humans have always been afraid of. Body horror, as an example, which can be about a number of topics from medical procedures going to wrong to teleporters making humanoid fly monsters, the fear of trechnology, the fear of outbreaks of diseases like swine flu and bird flu and all that. They all convey a number of similar themes from mortality to loss of humanity to sickness and more.

And people will make generic horror because they make generic action and generic romance and generic this, that and the other. There's people out there who care and make good, independent horror movies, but they don't have the sway of a theatrical release.

I keked hard at the dancing at the end, that shit is so corny. Was rooting for the demon the whole movie.

And this.

>people will make generic horror because they make generic action and generic romance and generic this, that and the other.
when it comes to horror, its the same as generic romantic comedies..same formula, same plot, same "scares", its literally the same fucking shit but instead of basic average whores your audience is basic average """horror fans""""

>And people will make generic horror because they make generic action and generic romance and generic this, that and the other. There's people out there who care and make good, independent horror movies, but they don't have the sway of a theatrical release.
I dont give a flying fuck if some horror production is "independent" or whatever the fuck it is. I only care if it's scary. If it's scary in a way where the human condition in general considers it scary, in a visceral way. I dont fucking care what hordes of normalfag males and females find scary after being fed "whats scary" for 20 years...yeah the average dude and broad find scary "le evil spirit out for revenge for the 70th time" cause theyre so retarded they havent even heard about the 69 movies previous this one using the same exact shit. FUCK THEM.

If youre gonna be making movies to impress the "general audience" who DOESNT EVEN WATCH MOVIES, the medium is gonna stay STAGNANT for the rest 60 years...which is what is happening right fucking now.

It was fine.

how old are you

You're just a cook!

This was a good movie. Better than dumb shit you retards pretend to like e.g. Babadook

>Go to see movie hoping for modern horror values
>Get Harry Potter and the Crooked Man

I did find myself harboring a new urge to fuck young British scags though, perhaps I should move to Rotherham.

>The Enfield Haunting was an actual documented ghost case from back in the day and they surprisingly stuck to the story very well
except, you know, for the fact that the warrens probably had fuck all to do with the actual case
>In fact, Guy Lyon Playfair, one of the original paranormal investigators on the Enfield Poltergeist case, came forward prior to the movie's release and said that the Warrens had showed up "uninvited" and only stayed for a day.

>Go to see movie hoping for modern horror values
>Get Harry Potter and the Crooked Man
this

I thought the horror was well done, better than the first one, but the overall movie wasn't exactly good

>that crooked man
DROPPED

that nun bitch was cool i guess

So horror died in 1999?

>Do you think horror will ever be good again?

That depends, did you pay to see this?

It was pretty nice, although the """spooky""" sound cues were really annoying and ruined some of the scenes that otherwise would've been great.

Don't mind me just BTFO'd every other horror movie in the past 10 years and most other movies this year