Anyone who's gotten their wisdom teeth removed:

Anyone who's gotten their wisdom teeth removed:

You get local or IV sedation?

What was the recovery like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7p2kNh1-z6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All four removed. Top two weren't that bad tbh. Literally like two hours later it hurt like crazy when the dentists numbing medicine wore off, but it was like for 5 mins. The one that was really fucking painful were the bottoms ones. They were impacted or something. Never again

I had two wisdom teeth removed in one session. Yes i got sedation are you crazy. Came home and it hurt and is annoying, but eat a lot of icecream and your good.

The surgery doesn't hurt except when you get the local, which is very little. It's really nothing unless they are already infected.

You'll just feel lots of painless pressure

Went under during surgery. Woke up half way through to my head being violently heeled around as they tried to extract the oversized teeth. Heard the hygienist say he's waking up as I kicked the chair in pain. I passed back out shortly after. Horrible experience. These were #13-16 to be extracted in total.

Flajjin?

i got all 4 removed at once. they gave me something to put me to sleep but it didnt work too well because i felt everything. didnt hurt too badly tho even when i got back home. mine were fully erupted tho which is apparently not as bad

No,because im not a lesser man that cant house his adult teeth in his mouth.

Pic related one of the teeth they removed

They put me under. Just felt like I was falling asleep. Woke up super swollen in mah face.

3 days after is gonna be the worst. It's all gonna hurt like hell.

MAKE SURE you keep your sockets moist. I know people who have had dry sockets and they've said it's the worst shit ever

Got two removed by an underground dentist.

It sucked, but recovery was really annoying.

Lots of blood all day, drinking my own blood.

Gross. Iron-tasting burps.

As someone else said, eat ice-cream and drink cold drinks! No soda, though; that might be bad.

The cold will help clots form so that the shit doesn't keep bleeding.

I kept on having a large clot form, too big. Kept on sucking it on accident and causing fresh streams of blood from the hole.

Ice + ice cream + keeping still helped stop that.

Definitely inject some heroin before the operation, if you have a friend with tha.t

No sedation just numbing agent on the gums. They came out without any problems. Guess I was one of the lucky ones.

my experience with a black market dentist sounds a world better than this LOL

had only two wisdom teeth total. had them both pulled with novocaine....and yess, pulled old school way... dentist pry tool and pliers...

Just got one removed two days ago, local. Took 10 mins, fast recovery, free codeine.
11/10 experience.

local was enough for me. Lots of pain and bleeding afterwards, but subsides with time. Get pain meds. Perc. or Tylenol-3 works.

IV I think, only remember going in and waking up. Was only really painful for a little while, hydrocodone they gave me did shit. I swallowed so much blood I should've got a pair of red wings for that shit.

Also, mine hadn't grown out yet.

local with no laughing gas, i had dry sockets which were miserable, and i refused to take pain meds. Don't be a pussy you'll be fine.

Still have all 4 of mine because I'm not a manlet with a tiny girl mouth.

Upper and lower left side removed. I was out in 30 seconds from an injection. I woke up to my head going up and down off the headrest, but there was no pain or panic. I think I went back under on my own, but I wasn't in any condition to report reliably.

I woke up to face an open window to a hill side of vibrant autumn maple and oak, quivering in a steady wind. I had no idea of why anyone would do downers until that moment. My wife lead me out. I'm sure that I had the biggest idiotic grin on my face.

Oh, I was given some Percodan: I took only one.

I got all 4 out, got iv sedation. Woke up nauseous, puked, went home, shit hurt for a week and a half. Just remember not to suck any dick (dry socket) stay away from applesauce, and don't sleep on your face/side

Didn't put me under, but they gave me a local , and something to erase my memory. Only thing I remember is when I was sitting next to my dad in the waiting room when it was over, I asked them if I can see the teeth they removed but they told me they already showed me a couple times already. LOL

I manned the fuck up and pulled those bitches out with pliers after drinking a fifth of jack because I'M A MOTHER FUCKING DENTIST.

I had 5 wisdom teeth total, they put me under and I woke up with a bloody cloth in my mouth mumbling shit, and it must have been pretty bad because nobody would tell me what I was saying after. Recovery was pretty lame, soft "foods" and drinks only for a few days, biggest tip i have is to get a waterpik or something similar to keep the new holes in your gums clear of food n shit, or else run the risk of some serious issue

>am a cheap ass
>opt for for only local and "know" ill just tough my way through it expecting it to suck
>top pop right out
>bottom ones almost always suck apparently
>starts fucking yanking and shit and I get so light headed im just about to faint so they stop
>put a cool rag on head and wait ~3min
>start again
>still sucks but he went with less yanking shit and felt lightheaded at points but no need to pass out
>he kept commenting how pain in the ass it was to get them out and even saw a piece of my tooth fly out of my mouth and ping the glass on the light a couple of times
>hate dentist so starts off with legs but then turns into my ENTIRE body shaking pretty good
>1/10 would not recommend local

>if do local ask for more sedative or more time for it to kick in. He also started with not enough and I felt it and then gave more finally but not enough time to kick in. You should not feel your lip and easily know it's numb.

bs

Two wisdom teeth removed. Not at the same time. Both manually pulled with no anesthetic or aids.

2 removed. One so easy, less than one min and it feels even good, like less pressure on my jaw. Second one the root had a strange form, like a hook so it was really hard to pull out, like 20 mins dentist saying ''we are almost done'', no pain at all but i imagine that hook tearing my gum and damn fuck

no sedation? are you serious.

i had two taken out at once with a local anesthetic...one came out in a couple of minutes, but the other took nearly an hour (they had to cut it up to remove it) and the anesthetic started to wear off. it was a godawful white hot pain, but they just gave me some more anesthetic and it subsided pretty quickly.

with a syringe, Didnt hurt at all but tell him legitimately to not pull your fucking face so hard to the side, It will hurt for 4 days ( i got 2 removed beneath) and FUCK MY LUCK we were suddenly eating dominos pizza, BBQ, Snackbar during those days, You wont scream at how painful it is ONLY when food isnt hitting the spot, Best of luck user.

I got all 4 removed when I was 14 because foe some reason they were already growing in. They sedated me and it didn't hurt till that night but I they prescribed oxycodone, and that was when I learned how to abuse prescription drugs.
Also, I couldn't eat for like a week or 2. I only drank protein shakes or something. But you can't use straws.

Had all 4 at once taken out. Only local. Had a script for oxy.

Never felt any pain during proceedure, and as long as i took my pain meds i didnt feel anything after. I took them with about 30mins taken off the dosage times though (aka if it said 4 hours i did it 3 1/2 hours)

I got local. Didn't hurt at all during the procedure or recovery, but the sound of them breaking the tooth and digging in my jaw made me very nauseous.

I got local, it wore off before they got the last tooth out, and due to dangerously high fluoride levels in our water here most of them shattered instead of coming out in one piece. Hurt like fuck when they were pulling broken slivers off tooth out, but I was wrestling again the next day without any noticeable side effects other than general soreness.

Just get local stop being fucking American pussies. I was eatting hard food after 3 ish days. NO antibiotics necessary, I had no dry sockets watch out though - dont drink from straws or smoke - no sucking. Clean your gaps every time you eat or the when theres shit in it. And do two at a time. Simple.

had mine out last year, IV for sure. Don't go to a mcdonalds dentist.
They put a needle in my arm, one of the nurses kind of laughed and said good night or something with no real warning and I was out, woke up what felt like a few minutes later but it was hours, didnt feel a thing.
They stuffed my mouth with gauze, we stopped and picked up a prescription of pain meds, it really wasnt that bad. ate a ton of yogurt and took it easy a few days, I think I was back to lifting after only two days off.

My advice, don't smoke or do something stupid like that, don't take any more pain meds then you're supposed to and ration so you can use them when needed. Don't eat popcorn or foods that can get stuck in your teeth, follow their mouth cleaning instructions and stuff, in a few weeks you'll be back to normal.

Got novocaine injections for 4 impacted teeth. It wasn't too bad asides from the pressure they put on the gums trying to break two of them apart. I was conscious, and laughed with the orthodontist when he realized he said "Oops."
Keep the gauze in for a while, and be careful with everything you eat. I got dry sockets and it felt like I jammed a soldering iron in my gums.

I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled with just local anesthesia.

I am a bad ass. It bled lightly for a day, and after that the clots were fine. You will have a slight bump on your jawbone, but that is just the swelling.

Don't suck anything, don't sniffle, don't smoke, don't drink on a straw. If you lose that clot you're in for a world of hurt. The clot usually comes out 7 - 10 days from when you had the surgery.

You will have small holes now, but hopefully the bone will be covered with the new skin. You will need a syringe to clean out the holes on the regular. A) because it will make your breath stink, and B) once the holes are almost closed, you do not want food getting stuck under the skin.

I didn't take any advil or tylenol. I just had apple sauce for 2 days straight and just water.

On the third day I did soft foods till about the 5th day. The rest is by ear.

Just make sure you rinse your mouth out with salt water a few times a day to prevent any infections forming inside.

PROTIP

First night you fall asleep, make sure you are sleeping straight up. This way if your clots are not fully filled, they will be after all the bleeding you will experience while you sleep.

Enjoy user. It is quite an easy and recoverable procedure.

Just make sure you go to a dental surgeon that does this on the regular and not some regular joe dentist

I had all four removed at once. It didn't really hurt that much. I had a good oral surgeon. Also, I'm not some faggot pussy with an asshole full of cocks that whines like a pathetic bitch about some god damned dental work.

They dont break your fucking teeth moron.

working on getting mine removed, have medical complications so its a bit tricky, running a very real risk of bleeding to death. Just getting local anesthetics looking forward to feeling them removed.

They drill the teeth in half sometimes...

I had all 4 removed 3 months ago. I had a sinus communication as a result, chronic sinusitis and developed a chronic anal fissure from all the diahharea I got from taking multiple rounds of anti-biotics.

Might need surgery on my ass, I see a surgeon this month to find out.

Local. Took a couple days to stop hurting and bleeding. Luckily didnt get dry socket. Im retarded and smoked a lot.

Not the original guy you replied to, but they did break mine. all 4 were impacted and didn't surface, they sliced my gums, cracked the middle and pulled the pieces out.

I had iv sedation. I remember asking about what it's like when I wake up then he shot me up. Then I woke up higher than a skyscraper. I also had a hard on. Went to take a piss and I couldn't stand and my bruv had to hold me up. 10/10 would do again

youtu.be/7p2kNh1-z6Q

Retarded surgeon.

How old were you at time of removal?

i was 19 or 20 at the time

I had all four removed at once. It really was not that bad. I was put under IV sedation and was knocked out in like 5 seconds. I recovered really well and don't have any problems to this day. This was done last October fyi.

i had six of the bastards. two up top and four on the bottom. i got the bottom ones out first and them only numbed the area. could sense every little scrap from those damn jaws and it was horrifying as fuck sedatives wore out before i got my prescription and hurt like a motherfucker waiting for like almost a hour getting them. for the top i had nitrogen. didn't even fucking noticed when she pulled those assholes out. pain was as bad but then again I barely remember it. all i can remember about both is the fuckload of blood constantly gushing into my mouth. I will NEVER eat out a bitch while she is on her period.

I pulled mine out myself with a pair of vise-grips.

Im a surgical assistant for an oral surgeon. We have to break the teeth to get them out sometimes. Its no big deal.

Got mine out at 16, 2 at a time, proceudre each time didnt take longer than 5min

Only if the tooth is impacted? Am I correct?

do you prefer patients get sedation or not?

If they are impacted, or if you wait too long, sometimes they actually do have to do this.

All 4, in high school. IV sedation. Mild pain when I woke up but a shot to the gums = no pain. The shot itself hurt more than the pain tbh. For recovery, was given hydrocodone for a week (pre-ban obviously) but didnt need it after day three.

Make sure you do the warm salt water rinses after and clean out the sockets with the fat syringe thing. I did not get it but you do NOT want dry socket afterwards.

Life for a week after consisted of "cream of fill in the blank" but no to minimal chunks allowed.

I was in so much pain before the surgery that the pain afterwards was a relief in comparison. Best surgery I ever had.

Waiting to long? How would that change as waiting to long means the tooth is either fully exposed or impacted pushing on other teeth.

Local only. The dirty cunt still charged me $500 or something for "monitored sedation" which meant she gave me a few tablets of some sort of benzodiazepine which had zero effect on me.

I had to go through that same shit. I was stuck on ramen and ice cream for a fucking week. It fucking sucked.

PRO TIP POP THE MEDS BEFORE THE ANESTHESIA IS WORN OFF!

All four. Prep for rekt.

legit its horrible they made me clean my gums with a pipette whenever i ate anything (usually soft foods). Honestly its not that bad as long as you keep it clean and avoid contact with food and stuff. I dont remember what sedation but i believe it was IV (which i hate)

Spend the money get the gas. Had to count to ten. Probably counted for digits before dream Land. Woke up, Thought I had blinked found out it was over with. Problem solved, thank good I'm insured.

Sedated. For whatever reason the recovery was fine and I didnt really have any pain.

If the teeth are impacted, they get sectioned with an electrical handpiece drill, like a dentist drill but with more torque. Then extracted in a few pieces. Sometimes the upper wisdom teeth are tapped a few times with a mallet and an tool. It all depends on how impacted or even how old the person is. Older people have harder bone.

I'd recommend sedation if its more than a couple teeth. Its just a bitch to lie there with all that going on in your mouth. Sedation is great but everyone reacts different to it. Some are fine, some get nauseous, some cry.

If you have a high metabolism, you tend to wake up easier during surgery but we just pump you with more meds. More propofol or ketamine.

Orthodontal surgeon here. Just so you faggots can sleep better, many of you actually wake up screaming while we're ripping your teeth out. Makes for a very messy procedure, a lot of the pain you suffer afterwards is from you struggling and thrashing about. What we give you doesn't knock you out, it just makes you forget ... like it never even happened.

Yep. Thats how its done. You just forget.

IV sedation, all four plus four bonus teeth to make room for ortho work.

Recovery was fine. Didn't even need the meds they scripted, stuck with OTC ibuprofin and had shakes for a couple days. Keep the sockets rinsed, don't be a dumbass and you'll be fine.

Sedation is the way to go.

Local.

I had a wisdom tooth with weird roots and impacting on another molar.

Didn't hurt just felt really strange. I felt tooth on bone scraping and little cracks. Not pleasant but not painful. I took 2 days off work but i could've gone back in under a day i reckon.

If they fuck up/have a hard time you get some mad pain killers

Mine were like fucking sideways pressing against my other teeth. I was put to sleep fast and they gave me some percocet which actually made it quite enjoyable. Very little pain as I was hella sedated even after waking up.

I don't get it. Does everyone in the US get their wisdom teeth removed for no fucking reason?

Just look up "Prophylactic Extraction of Third Molars" and you'll see that almost no academic or medical organization recommends removal of wisdom teeth unless you have a direct need for it.

Sedation, because I was young, and had no idea how @*(#$* dangerous as shit that was.

Go local, your odds of dying getting wisdom teeth removed are ridiculous for what it is. It sounds entirely absurd, because it is.

Are you passing judgment on the ancient American practice of Molar Circumcision? It is a beautiful ceremony that marks your initiation into the world of unnecessary surgery, which is of course one of the pillars of the American healthcare system.

Had top and bottom removed (4 in total). Had an IV/general, some bleeding and swelling for first couple days. You'll be numb from the ears down to your chin for about 12-24 hours and you can't eat anything more than jelly and pudding for about a week. Try to start brushing the front at least in a few days-week after surgery and rinse out with saltwater/anything that the surgeon recommends after eating. Pain is minimal, it's just sore, you'll be on antibiotics for a week and probably ibuprofen for the discomfort/swelling. Once you get past that first week or so it'll depend on your situation-if they were really badly impacted then they have to do more to get them out and it'll take a little longer to get back to normal but you should be back on regular foods in a couple weeks and completely normal in a couple months at the most.

Had this happen to me so can confirm..couple shots into the gum/cheek area, waited for it to kick in then started.split the gum with a scalpel..sawed em both in half, one into quarters..worst part was my aunt stole my pills after rationing me 3 over the course of the entire recovery..fuck you aunt Rhonda.

All 4 removed. Local anesthetic. No pain afterwards as long as you take the medicine prescribed. Stitches just kind of fell out as they healed. Still have a small dent in the top left of my mouth where the tooth was.

All 4 removed with local. They weren't impacted and were fully through the gum, so i really didn't need to get them removed. Recovery was a breeze, just salt water rinses for a few days and I was eating solid food (in small bites) maybe 6 hours after removal.

>Go local, your odds of dying getting wisdom teeth removed are ridiculous for what it is. It sounds entirely absurd, because it is.
No, it sounds absurd because it is absurd. Millions of ppl get general anesthetic and have surgery every day with no issue. If you're getting all 4 out, get the general. If you;re only having a couple out, play it by ear/trust your dentist's advice-you didn't go to medical school so you're not the cleverest person in the room on this subject. Yes, to the guy that thinks he's the exception, you too.

I had iv sedation for all four at once and the only thing I remember is crying cause I couldn't pet this dog on the way out of the office

I had the I v method done, just sat in the chair heard the doc says "He's about out " then they woke me up from the chair, wrapped an ice pack strap thing to my head and lead me to a different room to come out of the daze.Whilst sitting there they brought in this scared little girl and sat her next to me to recover from what ever she had had done. I started trying to sing Neil Young songs to her to calm her down, the nurse thought it was fucking hilarious. Once my head was clear they showed me out and my brother drove me home. The biggest pain was packing down the gauze on the wounds, the memory of the taste and texture make me cringe to this day.

fuck that, i still have my shit and my broken one, i will not have a dentist fuckin around with my teeth any more than they fuckin have to, im doin nearly fine, i just have to floss and brush every day like they told me to do

navy boot camp. all 4 removed. local anesthetic. regular tylenol prescribed afterwards. life sucked for a couple days, but once it all healed, it's money in the bank, user