Anyone here familiar with Buddhism?

Anyone here familiar with Buddhism?

"I want happiness" isn't a question retard

According to some user days ago, Buddhism is actually a proto-european religion.

What did that have to do with what I was asking? Lol

Do you think they spoke English?

Yeah, most of the written stuff was done hundreds or thousands of years later or something like that. Interesting.

Anyone part of a certain lineage?

Why he got the nazi flag on his shit?

Hey pal, you just blow in from stupid town?

I'm a Buddhist.

I raped Buddha.

>remove the 'I' and 'want'

Listen here you little shit.

You forgot to turn off your auto-trigger there, m8.

My mum thought I had buddism but the doctor just said I was hyperactive

that symbol has been used by hundreds of cultures through the ages. there are bars of gold that came out of the jewish King Solomon's mine with swastikas stamped on them. the town of Edmonton in Canada used to have the swastika as their town symbol.

they had to stop during the second world war because the Americans kept shooting down their mail planes.

pic related, it's the Edmonton Girl's Hockey Team from 1922.

I'm a retard

You know how many Buddhist losers there are? That quote is a good example of why.

In fact there are communities of Buddhists who demand wellfare claiming working is against their religion.

Sometimes it's very hard to tell if you retards are trolling or not in terms of stupidity. So good job, I guess?

the number of Buddhists who have murdered a dozen people in a drug-fueled gun rage is much, MUCH less than the number of Christians or Muslims. there are some fundamentalist Buddhists who have fucked shit up, but people are fucking stupid all over and every faith has its share of assholes.

by this standard, the best religion is the one that has done the least amount of damage. that's why i worship "Bob".

> meditates
> sits perfectly still for nine hours
> doesn't make a sound

"Hyperactivity. he's got Buddhism all righty."

>ignore ego
>ignore desire

Why do you reckon chinks are stuck behind whites (improvement in order to further the glory of god)?

The more I see the more I realize that white superiority is just Christian superiority.

>there are communities of Buddhists who demand wellfare claiming working is against their religion
and there's an eclipsing majority of buddhists who aren't welfare sponges

there are communities of christians who think blood transfusions are cannibalism, but that has exceedingly little to do with christianity at a whole

Buddhism is in my military-atheistic opinion one of the only religions worth studying. I appreciate its focus on work on the self only. It eliminates most of the conflicts that Judaism, Christianity and Islam so easily fall into.

Buddhism is basically just preaching Dont do drugs, be focused, be nice to others, dont waste your time or energy". Simple and straight to the point.

It makes you wonder if it should even be classified as a religion at all..

There are also much less Buddhists retard.

Fuck God. Fuck Budda. Fuck you.

Dzogchen is real.
I'm blissed out all day long like I'm on ecstasy without taking drugs.

>Buddhism is basically just preaching Dont do drugs, be focused, be nice to others

Sure buddy, tell that to the residents of Nanking in 1938.

Yeah fuck you. One of the few religions worse than Jehovah witness is Buddhism.

If you tried to name some buddhists worth a damn you would easily realize it's a religion of losers.

Well, not exactly. Both seek to destroy man's pride and ego, as a major step in forming a closer relationship with God or the idea of Enlightenment. It just so happens to be that Christianity (or really, any of the Abrahamic religions for that matter) have a distinct hierarchy involved. There is always room for improvement because simply by existing, we collect sin through the choices we both make consciously and unconsciously. But indeed, there's always room for more improvement as a holy man. By the comparison of the the eastern religions, which is a very solitary pursuit, the amount of geopolitical power you can wield at the top is tremendous.

No one anywhere is familiar with Buddhism. It is a finger pointing at the moon.

What a retard cherry picking gross over simplification.

Western Buddhists are the worst.

>falling for the bait

Guess no one told the Shinto soldiers though...

My parents are nichiren buddhists, so kinda sorta.

Oh fuck off. It's a finger pointing at dog shit.

It's not mysterious or profound.

While Seisetsu was the master of Engaku in Kamakura he required more memes, since those which he was teaching were desensitized. Umezu Seibei a collector of dank memes, decided to donate five hundred memes called pepes towards the contruction of a more commodious memeschool. These memes he brought to the teacher.
Seisetsu said: "All right. I will take it."
Umezu gave Seisetsu the file of memes, but he was dissatisfied with the attitude of the teacher. One might live a whole year on a mere three memes, and the merchant had not even been thanked for five hundred.
"In that file are five hundred memes," hinted Umezu.
"You told me that before," Replied Seisetsu.
"Even if I am a wealthy meme collector, five hundred pepes is a lot of memes," Said Umezu.
"Do you want me to thank you for it?" asked Seisetsu.
"You ought to," replied Umezu.
"Why should I?" inquired Seisetsu. "The giver of memes should be thankful."

One teaches good works and charity, the other teaches to be a loser.

Keep in mind both god and budda can go fuck themselves.

A monk asked Joshu, a Chines meme master: "Has a Milhouse meme-nature or not?"
Joshu answered: "Mu" [Mu is the negative symbol in Chinese, meaning "No thing" or "Nay"]

Seems to me like a load of navel gazing and gnomic bullshit that never contributed anything to the world.

Kyogen said: "Memes are like a man hanging in a tree by his teeth over a precipice. His hands grasp no branch, his feet rest on no limb, and under the tree another person asks him: "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"
"If the man in the tree does not answer, he fails; and if he does answer, he falls and loses his life. Now what shall he do?"

Because he hated jews
Nah just kidding
In religion like Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism it is the symbol of peace and since i am a hindu there's a swastika sign in front of my house

A monk asked Nansen: "Is there a meme no master ever posted before?"
Nansen said: "Yes, there is."
"What is it?" asked the monk.
Nansen replied: "It is not mind, it is not meme, it is not things."

He probably would hate those money grubbing hateful Jews.

A NEET neckbeard weeaboo came to Hakuin, and asked: "Is there really a paradise and a hell?"
"Who are you?" inquired Hakuin.
"I am a ninja," the neckbeard replied.
"You, a ninja!" exclaimed Hakuin. "What kind of ruler would have you as a guard, your face looks like that of a pleb."
The neckbeard became so angry that he began to draw his kitana, but Hakuin continued: "So you have a sword! Your weapon is probably much too dull to cut off my head."
As the neckbeard drew his kitana Hakuin remarked; "Here open the gates of hell!"
At these words the neckbeard, perceiving the masters disipline, sheathed his kitana and bowed.
"Here open the gates of paradise," said Hakuin.

Buddhism is like Hinduism but without caste and that's where they fucked up because there's no way of separating a good and a bad person and everyone has to be treated equally

I don't think so

>implying castes separate good from bad
>implying buddhists have to treat everyone equally

Once a division of the Japenese army was engaged in a sham battle, and some of the officers found it necessary to make their headquarters in Gasan's Memepage.
Gasan told his mods: "Let the officers have only the same simple memes we post."
This made the army men angry, as they were used to very deferential treatment. One came to Gasan and said: "Who do you think we are? We are soldiers, sacrificing our lives for our country. Why don't you treat us accordingly?"
Gasan answered sternly: "Who do you think WE are? We are soldiers of humanity, aiming to save all dank memes."

The Basic Points Unifying the Theravāda and the Mahāyāna is an important Buddhist ecumenical statement created in 1967 during the First Congress of the World Buddhist Sangha Council (WBSC), where its founder Secretary-General, the late Venerable Pandita Pimbure Sorata Thera, requested the Ven. Walpola Rahula to present a concise formula for the unification of all the different Buddhist traditions. This text was then unanimously approved by the Council.

1) The Buddha is our only Master (teacher and guide)
2) We take refuge in the Buddha, the Dharma and the Saṅgha (the Three Jewels)
3) We do not believe that this world is created and ruled by a God.
4) We consider that the purpose of life is to develop compassion for all living beings without discrimination and to work for their good, happiness, and peace; and to develop wisdom (prajñā) leading to the realization of Ultimate Truth
5) We accept the Four Noble Truths, namely duḥkha, the arising of duḥkha, the cessation of duḥkha, and the path leading to the cessation of duḥkha; and the law of cause and effect (pratītyasamutpāda)
6) All conditioned things (saṃskāra) are impermanent (anitya) and duḥkha, and that all conditioned and unconditioned things (dharma) are without self (anātma) (see trilaksana).
7) We accept the thirty-seven qualities conducive to enlightenment (bodhipakṣadharma) as different aspects of the Path taught by the Buddha leading to Enlightenment.
8) There are three ways of attaining bodhi or Enlightenment: namely as a disciple (śrāvaka), as a pratyekabuddha and as a samyaksambuddha (perfectly and fully enlightened Buddha). We accept it as the highest, noblest, and most heroic to follow the career of a Bodhisattva and to become a samyaksambuddha in order to save others.
9) We admit that in different countries there are differences regarding Buddhist beliefs and practices. These external forms and expressions should not be confused with the essential teachings of the Buddha.

There's no caste system in Buddhism that's why they will treat a nigger and a nice person equally

STFU faggots

You'd be wrong.

Is there such thing as "Buddhism" if you were to ask Buddha?

Gasan instructed his mods one day: "Those who speak against millhouse and who desire to do it for the lulz are right. It is good to troll even animals and insects. But what about those persons who troll time, who are trolling wealth, and those who troll political economy? We should not overlook them. Furthermore, what of the one who trolls without enlightenment? He is killing memes."

I did not expect a nazi buddha

He once converted a murderer into a Buddhist
He would've done the same to jews

Can't speak for most buddhists, but I'm pretty sure my parents won't treat a nigger and an upstanding citizen equally. A black person though? Sure. Why do you have a hard on for caste systems? Are you Indian? Or a Britbong?

Buddhism is basically the stoner of religions, which makes buddhists cool people to chill with.

No.

You would've known if you met a person of low caste

Sozan, a Chinese meme master, was asked by a student: "What is the most valuable meme in the world?"
The master replied: "The head of a smug frog."
"Why is the head of a smug frog the most valuable meme in the world?" inquired the student.
Sozan replied: "Because no one can name its price."

Remove the "I" by killing myself.

In the early times of Japan, 8-bit memes were used carried on floppy discs. A colorblind shitposter, visiting a friend one night, was offered a jpg to post on forums.
"I don't need a meme," he said. "Darkness or light is all the same to me."
"I know you do not need a meme to shitpost all day," his friend replied, "but if you don't have one, someone else may shitpost with it. So you must take it."
The colorblind shitposter started off with his meme and before he posted very much someone replied to him.
(You)
"Look out where youre shitposting!" he exclaimed to the stranger. "Can't you see this jpg?"
"Your file has been corrupted, brother," replied the stranger.

That is way easier than reforming a jew.

Buddhism is accepting that you are nothing, that you have nothing, and absolving yourself of self, thus achieving enlightenment by separating the self from the world.

Do you know why weedfags are called stoners?

Because they deserved to be stoned.

I'm Murrican so we don't have castes. But I meet lowlives all the time. Whether they're niggers, white trash, spics, or whatever. And neither my nichiren parents nor my atheist ass treat them equally to upstanding people.

Yep. I was Buddhist when I was a christian, and as I finally took an interest in the philosophies my faith was built upon, I realized I hadn't really been a Christian since I was 8. Eventually, all the parts that remained that I thought were worthwhile, turned out to be the Buddhist bits.

When Bankei was shitposting at Ryumon memepage, a Shinshu preist was jealous of his large audience and wanted to troll him.
Bankei was in the midst of a shitpost when the preist appeared, but the fellow made such a disturbance that bankei stopped his shitpost and asked about the thread derailment.
"The founder of our sect," boasted the priest, "had such miraculous powers that he held up a stylus in one hand on one bank of the river, his attendant help up a tablet on the other bank, and the teacher drew a trollface through the air. Can you do such a wonderful thing?"
Bankei replied lightly: "Perhaps your fox can perform that trick, but that is not the manner of my troll. My miracle is that when i feel like shitposting, I shitpost, and when I feel like trolling, I Troll."

That is enlightening as eating a giant shit.

and what have you to say about the enlightening aspects of all these stories?

NWP: Niggas with platitudes

And occasional violence.

>I finally took an interest in the philosophies my faith was built upon

You are clearly a dumb retard. Holy fuck.

WTF? What enlightment? What has any of these fags done?

How does one become a Buddhist?

Genuine question.

True buddhist don't need money.

No, you can go up the Indus Valley, where they preserve the oral traditions, and theres a sort of monastic enclave, where every generation teaches the new, and they all practice together, still praying and singing and chanting making sure it gets recited correctly and there is no semantic drift. No one knows what any of it means, because the language was lost long ago, but they're preserving it anyway, and there is an increasingly good chance that pattern recognizing linguistic software that's been working on their performances for the last few decades will be able to decode the language at some point in the future.

It has nothing to do with English or any western language whatsoever. Nor does any part of the entire worldview that accompanies it. The ancient, ancient Greeks, we're talking Herodotus' account of Heracles travels to Asia, brought it west for the first time, and it was ancient in India by then.

Checked. Just study it and chant/meditate, meet other butbuddhists and that sorta shit. All depending on exactly what kind of Buddhism you're into I guess. If the sect requires some faggy initiation ritual you can worry about that when it comes.

Sidhartha

Q: Yes Alex, I'll take what is the rejection of base materialism and choosing to live an aesthetic life instead for $5000?

A: That's not how we play jeopardy user.

>why doesn't everyone want to live in an American suburb and think just like me?
>work makes you free
>why are all our kids committing suicide...

i eat too much and drink too much and don't move around. I am starting to look like that fat cunt Buddah

My faith meaning Christianity.
Who's dumb now?

Also remember to chant "Buddha sucks cocks".

Mee
Any questions ?

Isnt Siddhartha a book?

Not him, but if you're mostly a Buddhist Christian now, what's left of the Christian part? The Jefferson Bible?

What's that in Niponese?

Buddhas sleeping yo. Best let sleeping dogs lay.

Dude, how low is your reading comprehension? I was talking about your faith in Christianity. Fucking retard.

No, none of the Christian parts.

Zack?

Yes. He's also the original Buddha. Siddhartha Gautama. AKA Shakyamuni.

To break the curse you have to kill the ORIGINAL buhdah, thats the only way all the other buhdahs can be free!

Kek. If I was to believe religious nonsense I would not discount that possibility.

>why doesn't everyone want to live in an American suburb and think just like me?

Are you seriously trying to justify you being a loser and living in a friend's garage pretending you don't need money and pretending you are enlighten?

Well you're leaving us guessing as to what your point actually is. Either user is a stupid retard for looking into the underlying philosophies of his christfaggotry, which any christfag with half a brain eventually does, or user is a fucking retard for thinking there is any philosophy underlying Christianity, which would then prompt you to explain away a solid millennium of christian philosophers that define the european cultures and worldviews which you still operate within today, or he waited too long and should have studied Hobbes & Heidegger when he was 8.

I are always enlighten.
And you is be too.

>if you meet Buddha on the road, kill him
That's actually a... oh you probably know that.

This thread...negates this whole thread in terms of Buddhism, and I don't mean that argumentatively. That's the point. There's a saying...if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him...not literally of course. But kill doctrine, kill expectations, "ought to's" and "should be's"...kill the past, kill the future. Kill debate and oneupmanship. All you have is what's in front of you...anything else, nobody outside of you can provide a true answer for. Even Buddhist monks--even Buddha himself. Nobody can give you anything. You have to find it yourself; hence kill the Buddha. No crutches, no shortcuts. Just you in a state of discovery.

>implying philosophy before modern science is worth a damn

Good ol' Musashi. Although he'd get BTFO by Sir William Marshal

wtf kind if religion tells its followers