What was the message of this album?

What was the message of this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

songsouponsea.com/Promenade/ChapterOneA.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it is just a celebration of the original albums 40 year anniversary.

Dude wizards lmao

top kek

it's mostly transparent in the lyrics of the 1st track

and that the fate of all mankind is in the hand of fools because knowledge is a deadly threat if no one sets the rules

Does "I Talk To The Wind" speak to anyone else? I feel like it sums up my while life.

>dude let's make rock music, born out of a proud tradition of black excellence (spirituals, jazz, R&B) into another appropriated form of white music
>yeah let's do that!

tbf though The Beach Boys and The Beatles were just as guilty

A sober man's trip during in the psychedelic height of the hippie years, only his illicit substance was mental illness

kek

XD

He did nothing wrong

>t. white guilt faggot

Tell me how I am wrong

Yeah, definitely

nice

You're not wrong walter youre just an asshole

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

appropiation is a shit concept

That doesn't say how I'm wrong.

Don't be upset that we made it cool

>Chuck Berry, BB King, etc aren't cool

The message is layered but ultimately ties back to Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor and his ongoing feuds with the Papacy. This and his alleged profligacy including his dealings with Ayyubid Sultanate cemented him with a very sour yet legendary reputation as the Anti-Christ. These legends and themes within would go onto mutate independent of the historical figure and eventually creep into occult and gothic horror.
The message begins with one of decadence and degeneracy (21st Century Schizoid Man) contrasted with soft repose but disillusionment to the themes discussed in the first track: namely decadence and dissolution (I Talk to the Wind).
This theme continues to be carried over but with less calm and greater apprehension and anxiety for the future (Epitaph). This is evidenced by the lyrics detailing mass confusion, the breakdown of society, the destruction of the world and of humanity, the blame of which resting upon the world's leaders. Again this references the chaotic implications of Frederick II, a Holy Roman Emperor who defied the Pope and had a greater report with Muslim leaders than those in Christendom. At the time this could have felt like the world could be thrown off balance into ruination.
What follows is a glimpse into innocence but also illusion, secrets, and uncertainty - that is to say dreams or a blurred line between reality and fantasy or sanity and madness i.e. the lunar aspect which precedes the coming of the sun (Moonchild).
All this reaches a fore when the sun rises and breaks the ideal fancies of the night, revealing stark and imperious a living nightmare landscape in which collides the forces of the mystical occult with powerful religious symbols as though describing something apocalyptic or a state in which the worlds of Occident and Orient, pagan and Christian have melded. Within the lyrics are references to Greek mythology, alchemy, the Nativity, and Dante's Inferno among others. (In the Court of the Crimson King).

Here ya go, senpai.
songsouponsea.com/Promenade/ChapterOneA.html

Who?

Do you have any sources for this or is it your opinion? Because if that is true, then I have way more respect for the album, as I thought the lyrics were nice, but I didn't see them past "woah 60's hippie shit duuuuude"

Fuck the Blues

CAT'S FOOT

>Does "I Talk To The Wind" speak to anyone else?
yeah, the wind

You done your daily self flagellation yet mate? Fuck off.

You understand culture is a thing that is shared right? Appropriating isn't a negative thing at all, 21st century schizoid man is kick ass, so is the shit it took it's inspiration from. It's not a contest.

damn

ded

damn

fpbp

I don't know, but I got a different record by this band in the mail on vinyl today. I didn't order it, it just came. I don't know what to make of that. Super weird b side.

Nice

Cringe

include me in the screencap

10/10

Semen stains the mountaintops

but user,
>the winnnd does not heeaar
>the winnd cannot heeaar

how fucking retarded are you?

What's the album

Wtf am i looking at here, user?

woah....