Who here plays Yu-Gi-Oh? Do you play competitive? What kind of deck(s) do you use?

Who here plays Yu-Gi-Oh? Do you play competitive? What kind of deck(s) do you use?

I played a lot for years, then they introduced xyz and I was like "Eh this seems neat" then Satellars and shadolls hit the scene and I was like "ehh... this seems less neat..." then Qli's came out and I was like "ehhh this seems impossible to compete with" and now every time I try to get back into the game I get my shit tier old-fashion control decks stomped out by a spam summon spam negate meta. It really seems unplayable unless you shell out 400$ to get a meta deck.

Bump

Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh Gx was the best version of the whole series, the rest is just purely garbage

>Dueling while driving?

WTf

raidraptor kaiju

Before the 06 banlist was perfect

>beatdowns viable format
>recognizable cards from OG series
>no OTK decks

its fun to play with no banlist with friends.

7 trials to glory is the single best yugioh game ever made.

Used to play with the originals, the first major change to the game killed it. Still play time to time with friends but just with original cards. We had this one fat tryhard kid who would regularly buy new decks and packs and his cards didn't make any sense and didn't fit in our gameplay. Kids a faggot.

I did play in the Elemental Hero / Cyber Dragon era.
It only went downhill from there.

Never found someone to play 1st Generation Yu Gi Oh with :/

I stopped at xyz because I knew exactly what was going to happen.

I specialize in making what I call Neo-Character Decks: decks or archetypes from the show but in a meta way. So I've done things like taken out Six Sams at the height of their popularity with Crystal Beasts. So, idk if I'm competitive or not. I make sure I can hang with the big boys but I don't pretend that I'm running the best thing out there. Been playing since 02' so I've run damn near everything there is to run, but I've skipped a bunch of achetypes along the way that felt TOO good/easy to win with. My latest kick has been playing various combinations of Speedroid/Phantom Knight/Pendulums. Haven't learned to use Venom Plants... yet.

Yeah, I'm a giant faggot. But I don't rub it in people's faces. Much.

i played competitive.
dueled a lot at a few locals, and YCS's around Europe.

i did that for years. turns out i like MTG more. why? because MTG has more formats. formats like EDH/Commander is fucking awesome.

more ways to build a good deck in MTG, more deckbuilding fun. i like building decks.

my anti-meta ygo decks were: Nurse Burn, Reversal Quiz OTK, Chain Burn, Gravekeepers.

my only meta deck was Blue Eyes. i like the new support Konami made for it. but that's the only thing that got me a little back in YGO. just pay the cards, make the deck and go to locals. i don't go YCS anymore, that's a thing to the past.

i want to focus more on my band, then MTG and then some occasional YGO local tournament.

you were like me. fuck the meta, let's go anti-meta.

the reason why anti-meta works better than expected is because everyone sides against the meta. not the anti-meta.

everyone expects the meta, but not the anti-meta.

you have the originality AND the element of suprise. also nobody knew HOW you would demolish your opponent.

that is why you could run with the big boys, and good for you. people like you made YGO awesome. not the meta-following herd that throws money to copy someone else's deck

theres a yugioh general in vg called dng

Damn skippy. Once my best friend was building a deck and asked for cards to throw in, and to make a long story short, he didn't think I knew shit about him or meta in general. Not that he didn't think I was a good player ,just out of the loop. He also prided himself on being outside the scope of predictability. I proceeded to name about 30 cards that he would main in w/e deck he was about to build. I think he tossed it after that happened. Got 13 others in the extra deck down too.

My favorite thing was to have every card throw people for a loop. When I play someone and they set backrow, I can then go: "Okay, it's Bottomless, Book of Moon, Solemn, Torrential..." but they can't do that for me. So I turn all their crap on their head.

At one point I even had a "anti s/t destruction" mindset during a format when Heavy Storm came off the banlist and people were maining 3 MST with it. So all my backrow were things like Safe Zone, that punished you for trying. Worked ENTIRELY too well.

Thanks for the appreciation, user. Made my night.

ur welcome.

you know what's funny too what i played in the Heavy Storm from Banlist era did?

Ninjas with Dark Simorgh + Anti-Spell Fragrance.

fuck your spells and traps, fuck your backrow, fuck your spell + destruction.

it was funny seeing people raging not being able to play spell and traps, and were relying on monsters.

too bad i ran Safe Zone with White Dragon Ninja combo with it. whoops.

also Hanzo ( or search card for him ) is bae. getting a Hanzo with either Safe Zone or Anti-Spell Fragrance in opening hand is bliss and more common than you think. very reliable and consistent deck

Yes. Although its changed so much over the last few years. Still play at a very high level and have won a few regionals.

I ran a Dragunity deck during the synchro phase. stopped playing after xyz's came and made my Dragons useless.

> As she drew close to her climax, I noticed just how hectic she was getting
> Her feet left the bed outright, but still stayed outstretched
> Her head was thrown back so hard it was actually sinking into the bed
> A tit had popped out the bottom of her shirt and she honestly didn't even seem to register it
> And her breathing was shaken, but had reached a clearly audible level
It's time
> I moved my mouth over her clit, bullet and all, and sucked her into my mouth
> Batting her with my tongue, and all around doing everything I can to hit her body fast and hard
> My left arm shot under her thigh and clamped down, holding her in place
> And my finger began pumping easily in and out of her hold, lubbed up by the juices from her cunt that had leaked straight down to my wrist
> Her arms shot to the edges of the bed, completely abandoning the toys
> For the first time I heard more than breathing as she (not so quietly) said "no...no...no...God" over and over
And then it happened
> She clenched down on my finger so hard I couldn't move
> Her hands shot into my hair and grasped my skull with all her might
> and she trembled all the way up, before going limp and plopping down on the bed.
> When she relaxed enough, I pulled my finger out and layed back beside her, where I was a lifetime ago
> She got up, eventually, stashed the toys in the top BACK of the closet, dressed, and called me into the next room to work
> "This stays between us, you understan--"
> "Yeah, yeah. Obviously."
> "Okay..."
She gave me one last look of uncertainty, but she trusted me.
She went on to tell me how she wanted me to fuck her but that would have been "too wrong" so she's glad it ended the way it did
We finished the house in time and got approval. The End.

Thoughts? I have yet to get a single question or response to this. Makes me sad.

ha, wrong thread. mb.

You ever play on DMG? Duel Monsters Genesis was one of the best places to play. Because you could walk around and see an ass kicking. Or get an audience going. I should post a log I have of one of the "Wars" we had on that game. My team called me to fill in a no show not expecting me to have to play or even make waves if I did. Was NOT what happened. >:D

i don't know shit about DMG.

i'm going to do some research now.

thanks user!

I havent played it in years, idk if it still holds water or not. But it can be a good time if you find a game. Look up BYOND. Thats the program you need to play it. Stay awesome, user.

okay, thanks for the info. will try.

you too, stay awesome.

My favourite card

I use a combo of zombie, spirit and Meru's (all beit mostly koiku meru guangulates)

Shit spelling. My bad...

When I got back j to yugioh I started running nekroz cause that was the meta deck at the time. After that was gone I didn't really try to be to competitive. I run blackwings now. Kind of interested to see how the Link system will work

Never played Yugioh but loved the anime and rate it higher then magic the gathering.

did however play high tier ptcg, built decks around this bad boy

and double poison 20dmg/turn but i cant remember who had it

Go watch the Link System on youtube. Its nuts. The system is going to be MORE spammy, not less. Its not going to break the game over its knee, but it is going to easily be the next meta. Youll be hard pressed to play without half your extra deck being link monsters.

You lost bro

Dang that sounds crazy, I've been hearing that it's going to be a lot less extra deck so thinking of messing with nekroz again once the system starts catching on

Cards got jacked after 5Ds was inroduced.

Looked really great, but didn't want to start over so I just quit and moved on.

Saw xyz and pendelum, everything is OTK from what I heard which is bull.

I miss the E- Hero days, and even gen 1.

Use to be sort of like chess, and the duel would last more than one turn.

Also hate how they reprint everything, destroys the cards value.

But then again it has its pros too.

I thought so too. And on paper, it would make sense. Then like 10 niggas show up on youtube with 5 vids a week showing how they can make 3 quasars. I saw one guy fill up 7 monster zones (since you can apparently use both link zones if youre fast enough) with Link Monsters first turn. Its all nuts now man. Fucking. Nuts.

I still play blue eyes, but more ritual now. Played the eidolons with windwitches for regional then sold the deck anticipating links to come out. Gonna try and play the new twilightsworn shit next month but I know almost everything in link format is gonna get wrecked by Draco