What are some good metal albums for people who don't like metal?

What are some good metal albums for people who don't like metal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7H-wU5igTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anything by agalloch

doom/sludge/drone is basically metal for people that aren't into metal

Agalloch - The Mantle
Ulver - Bergtatt
Deafheaven - Sunbather

some of these are unironically good

That's part of the point, you mix some bad shit with actual good albums like Rust in Peace to piss people off

this just looks like a 'metal that anthony fanano likes' list

I guess that's the joke + some bait

I wonder if it's the same person that posts this each time. It's a little old, to be honest.

Most of them are good albums. I still don't know what the term means. I've decided not to worry about it.

None of them. KYS.

>Rust in Peace
>good

Yup, I own most of them on that list except ghost....fuck ghost.

It originally applied to pitchfork/fantano approve albums, then moved into Sludge/Drone/Atmo-variants metal, then it started to mean anything which basically means nothing.

I've seen it posted so many times on so many different days and so many different hours that I must say it is just a very popular meme.

And blackgaze

Swamp Slipknot

Well, it needs to be updated. Just sayin'.

It's explicitly stated at the top of the chart: Essential nu-male metal. It's metal for nu-males. There's no theme other than assembling a list of metal albums that nu-males enjoy listening to. Genre/quality are irrelevant.

anything recommended by pitchfork, mastodon, baroness, the list goes on...

While She Sleeps - This Is The Six.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7H-wU5igTM

Murmuure isn't even metal.

Yeah, yeah, I get that...it's just....really old. Can you like, update it or something? I need a new rec list, bro.

Try actual metal and you will realize how autistic your post is

Got most of those.

God that Ghost Bath album was bad
I knew it was going to be but they still subverted my expectations

i know most of you are too underage to know, but nu-male as it's used today is essentially no different a signifier than hipster used a decade ago (aimed against southern lord and wittr types) or poser the decade before that

What is the nu-male movement? We must know it so that we can deny its advances when it comes to tempt us.

Nu-male is safe but progressive.
Nu-male is accessible but intolerant.
Nu-male is intellectual but facile.

Nu-male is a product invented from whole cloth, an unnatural academic foray into metal, adorned with stolen designs like a Christmas tree with baubles - and no less commercial. Nu-male is an appropriation of the sound of danger, and thus represents a marginalization and disenfranchisement of the progenitors and true artists that work with that sound. Nu-male does not celebrate its origin; nu-male uses its origin as the basis of a semantic fallacy in order to bootstrap its own agenda into legitimacy. The often-mocked term applied to it is actually entirely accurate: nu-male is untrue. It is false. It is a sheep in wolfs' clothing. It is a cultural assault perpetrated on a genre that is already made defenseless by way of its own defense: the isolation from the mainstream. With no representative in popular culture, the industry and critic complex are free to plunder the vaults of true metal, cobble together whatever disarmed Frankenstein's monster they please and sell it to the general public as a morally safe and forward-thinking product - as socially or artistically "acceptable" metal.

True metal is not acceptable. It is a hate crime.

>tfw I have piss bottles but I only enjoy nu-male metal

Any metalcore album.

Still the best copypasta on this website, it's so accurate.

I still dont get how albums attain nu male status.

if a high proportion of pitchfork readers and/or fantano watchers like them

Deafhaven, Evanescence, Limp Bizkit, Steel Panther and that's pretty much it

Thats not really fair to the actual music itself; to be dictated by its fans :(

Then again, alot of the pseudo intellectual wank prog shitmetal had it coming.

This is a brilliant list for general recs, outside of the nu male meme.