What THE FUCK was his problem?

What THE FUCK was his problem?

But seriously

he's a nigger, obviously. boy needs to be put in his place.

Too prideful.

He strayed from his core competency, that is, making ribs.

Go back to your basement, oh right, you never leave it.

why was he so ungrateful towards frank? i'd love make ribs for the president.

But for real, why did he freak out at frank and call him a mother fucker?

Frank never saw him as a human ,, to him he was always the rip guy and nothing more , he wanted to leave to improve himself but Frank disregarded his ambitions and told him "cook me couple of ribs like the old days !"

he failed to see that the guy doesn't love making ribs, he just need the money, also frank technically destroyed his shop

Freddy sees himself as Frank's House Nigger

Bad writing, a lot of things last season were out of character

He was sick of being Frank's slave...

Frank wasn't intentionally trying to be a jerk. He just didn't realize.

Freddy acted like an ungrateful child

What the fuck was Frank thinking asking him to make ribs one last time? Was the liver medication making him stupid?

For one of the more critically acclaimed dramas, House of Cards is really fucking stupid. Not Sons of Anarchy stupid but stupid nonetheless.

if someone gets you a job at the white house you act grateful though and just make the ribs. throwing a shit fit and cussing at the president ruins any opportunity to network.

wasn't he that said he wanted to try something new and Frank helped him out?

Afterwards he said that he wanted to fuck off and he pretty much left him do his thing, but wanted some ribs, like the good ol days.

He took it just too personal.

This

whats wrong with frank wanting ribs again?

He "knew" Frank and didn't want to become submissive to Frank. No one does except maybe Donald Blythe.

When he had the restaurant, Frank would eat, get the usual diarrhea of the mouth, pay him, and then leave. Now he wanted that shit for free.

Next season will probably have a flashback of Frank rambling on and Freddy having a realization.

Freddy doesn't want to make some ribs he;s not some ribs vending machine where you can just put in some money and ribs come out

Frank didn't let him be his black bull.

ungrateful nigger

but surely if you're friends with someone you wouldnt explode into a fit of rage like freddy did at frank?

This, if you watch the show closely like I have you will notice the suble hints the director put into this. Freddy didn't really become close to Frank until Michem cucked Frank. There is a scene, not sure which episode where Freddy and Michem look at each other soon after, he knew. He wanted Francis to prep him, see him as a bull and seasons later when Frank got wrapped up getting cucked by others Freddy was done.

he has a complex about being a position of servitude to a powerful white man

but he stopped making ribs in like years or whatever the time passed since he was hired as the Gardner of the fucking white house. He was just a salty fucking bitch over his son.

I think Frank actually saw him as a friend and it seems to me they bonded a lot during the time he ate there and in the end he showed his true colours, he was just another opportunist ready to fuck him for everything he got.

I think it was a lesson for Frank to simply avoid ever showing a more human side. Freddy was a fucking cunt and just showed how little he appreciated what Frank did for him.

I guess in the end that's blacks for ya, gibsmedats.

The issue isn't that Frank wanted ribs. Everyone wants ribs, they're delicious. The issue is that Frank legitimately thought that the best way to say goodbye to Freddie, the most appropriate parting gift, was allowing Freddy to cook him ribs. Freddy hated cooking ribs but he was ultra poor and wanted to fucking eat and not die so he put up with it. Say you're a good student for a long time because your parents will kick you out on the street and you call your parents from your new job after school now that you're not in fear for your life and safety and say that you want to become like a tennis player or whatever and not only are they genuinely confused why you'd want to think independently but when they finally realize that you're serious they say you can come over and do homework for old times sake since watching you do homework always made them happy. It's a slap to the face.

you a mothaFUCKA, Mr. President