This is superior to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. in almost every way

This is superior to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. in almost every way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJnRBxEONAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

agreed. as a child this was the first album that clicked with me.

>not adding "Penny Lane" and "Strawberry Fields Forever" to Sgt. Pepper's

do you even Beatles

REMIX WHEN

It doesn't have "muh flow" but all the material goes from good to amazing. It is my favorite.

After white album hopefully, Penny Lane remix was good.

I just listen to the 2017 reissue since it includes both of those.

why the fuck didn't they use the backcover as the main image, it's so much better even if it's a bit Piper-esque

I love that

Sgt. Pepper is only good in mono IMHO but I can listen to MMT in either format.

Definitely the last time the Beatles went full blown psychedelic.

Shame the movie wasn't as good as the album, though.

In which way is it not superior to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?

Fun fact: Pink Floyd used George Harrison's prism for their album cover

I had something in mind when I posted this thread but I can't name an inferiority of any kind now

I definitely enjoyed MMT more

I'm not sure if I really like this desu senpai

This was the last 'fun' album
Tracks like BABY YOURE RICH FAG JEW are actually entertaining even if just throwaway tracks that always get forgetton

Where would you even add Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever in Sgt. Pepper's running order? The album is self-contained.

Audiophiles Listen up:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJnRBxEONAA

I love the beatles

Not that guy but I'd replace 'Getting Better' with 'Penny Lane'... I don't know where the hell I'd smack Strawberry Fields

>Replacing anything on Sgt. Pepper

Strawberry Fields is too dreamy to be on Sgt. Peppers. It goes extremely well with tracks like I Am The Walrus and Blue Jay Way to be separated from the album.

This is superior to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. in almost every way.

Yes, unironically. Sgt Peppers sucks shit.

Put Penny Lane at the end of side 1 and Strawberry Fields at the beginning of side 2.

This. So much this.

>Getting Better
>Within You Without You
>When I'm Sixty-Four
>Good Morning Good Morning
We've got to do something about at least two of these tracks.

Good point.

OP here again, and I'm curious to hear what everyone's favorite track on MMT is.

Mine is Blue Jay Way

Your Should Know
I usually can't stand the Beatles but even i can't deny my love for this song.

Don't quite know how I managed to forget a whole word.

How about enjoy them because they're all great

It already happened
It'll never happen

The arrangement on WYWY is great, but it's not an effective track. Good Morning Good Morning is acceptable but the writing is weak.

Getting Better's writing is also very lackluster, and When I'm Sixty-Four has instrumentation that trumps the vocals.

I'd replace at least two personally

>but it's not an effective track
Effective for what?
>writing is weak.
What's wrong with it?
>lackluster
How so?

I think the Indian-influenced Within You Without You was a tad overlong and grew tiresome, but I do like the themes and arrangement.

As for the writing on Good Morning Good Morning, I think it's moreso the manner in which they're sung and how they're organized that I didn't feel was as vibrant as some of the other textures on the album. The instrumentation is great, though.

Getting Better's verses were essentially uninteresting and had little introspect on the band's life at the time, and again the other instruments overshadow the lyrics despite the great vocal harmonies.

magical mystery tour and abbey road are easily my favorite beatles albums, i agree OP

>overlong and grew tiresome
Why? Have you heard actual Indian Music? One piece could go on for hours. Surely 5 minutes is fine.
>I think it's moreso the manner in which they're sung
How is that? it soudns fine. John is singing energetically and is upbeat, which fits the song
>how they're organized
How else would it be organized?
>I didn't feel was as vibrant as some of the other textures on the album
If all the songs sounded the same, it would be pretty boring, no?
>had little introspect on the band's life at the time
So did most of the songs on the album. Why do you give them a free pass but not this?

revolver>mmt and sgt pepper put together
this thread is a disgrace

actually thats harsh, they are all solid brilliant albums, but revolver is clearly the best beatles album followed by white album (if only for inspiring charles manson)

Sorry user, I'd say Revolver = MMT > Sgt Pepper

thats honestly fine with me
as long as we all agree that sgt pepper isnt as good as everyone says it is

Nah it literally is. You're just being contrarian against 50 years of history telling you it is.

I'm fine with long music, but I felt that Within You recycled too much in that time even as the arrangements were incredibly varied.

I do like that John is singing in an upbeat manner, but the written lyrics themselves just don't seem to click. The vocals on With A Little Help, Lucy In the Sky, and A Day In The Life were better delivered imo.

Good Morning Good Morning is a good track, but I feel its weak point is in its lack of vocal harmonies as well as some blandish writing. It still works, however, and I enjoy its overall product.

Yes, variety is key here, but I'm not implying they should sound identical. A universal atmosphere can be attained while still achieving a variation that keeps things interesting.

I agree completely that Revolver and MMT are better than Sgt. Pepper's

I'd say it's as good as people say, but albums like Revolver and MMT are just underrated compared to Sgt Pepper.

>I'm fine with long music, but I felt that Within You recycled too much in that time even as the arrangements were incredibly varied.
If the arrangements were incredibly varied, how was anything recycled?
>but the written lyrics themselves just don't seem to click
Why not? They're fine.
>lack of vocal harmonies
Again, too much of a good thing isn't that great.
>blandish writing
How is it bland?
>A universal atmosphere can be attained while still achieving a variation that keeps things interesting.
Like... the album as it is.

this is an opinion ive held since i was 10 years old. i could easily say youve bought into 50 years of hype by normalfags the world over

The lyrics in Within You Without You were repeated, but I don't think that takes away from its value. I just feel it's weaker than other tracks, despite strengths in the subject matter and composition. I really am not sure how to word what my distaste for the track is rooted in.

The lyrics on Getting Better aren't quite as mature and rich in imagery and I personally prefer some of the heavily psychedelic and surreal works of their own. I don't mind some happy go lucky ditties occasionally but I didn't feel it belonged on a concept album of such massive importance.

You're right about 'too much of a good thing isn't that great', but I can't get enough of beatles harmonies. Revolver is a great example of just how incredible they can be.

The album does have variety, but there were creative choices made I would have not made myself.

>Revolver
>underrated
wut?

Depends on the situation really.

I Am The Walrus is lit af tho

Correct

If A Day In The Life were on MMT, it'd be Rolling Stone magazine's baby instead of sgt pepper

That's not Colin Mochrie you fucking idiot.

>in almost every way
It's too short

The only advantage Peppers has is A Day In The Life being a vastly vastly vastly superior final track.

Other than that MMT iis much better.