What is your AOTY thus far Sup Forums? Mine's is pic related

What is your AOTY thus far Sup Forums? Mine's is pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

blanckmass.bandcamp.com/album/world-eater
teamrock.com/news/2017-04-28/king-crimson-to-release-ep-featuring-david-bowies-heroes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That is mine as well friendo

Bump

BOY YEAH RIGHT YEAH RIGHT YEAH RIGHT

Bones - Unrendered

This is probably the only good release this year. Hopefully Avey can salvage this year.

A Crow Looked at Me

Probably this. Heard none of the singles at all and was not expecting the sound I heard. Atrocity Exhibition was my AOTY of 2016 so I'm pretty happy more weird rap is getting thrown into the mainstream.

Name?

Honestly either that ctrl, known unknowns or that goldlink album.

I'm hoping the liars record is better than all three.

see

top left album?

dza?

Been listening to this one a lot recently

Not my favourite of the year, but one of the ones that most consistently hits the pleasure centres in my brain. Some of the beats are fucking great.

culture was shit

Melodrama - Lorde

hey gabe :)

Ack! Buut you fool! That's not me you dunt head!

Are you 16?

I think I like it better than helplessness

You jealous that he's 2 years older than you, fuckboi?

Gotta be Ursa Minor for me. I still can't stop listening to it. That Kelly Lee Owens thing was alright too.

Same. Never thought it would happen.

High Plains - Cinderland

this. fleet foxes is close. both have similar qualities: slow growers with gorgeous production and melodies. Great albums.

if this was mixed better it'd be my AOTY

so sad :(((

5/10 album tbqh

For me
1. Kill Bill - Drop Season
2. BROCKHAMPTON - SATURATION
3. Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory
4. Lorde - Melodrama
5. Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

blanckmass.bandcamp.com/album/world-eater

I can't believe it lived up to the hype.

Not op, but Big Fish Theory is what you're looking for

2017 is the year of the Gizz

melon got it right, the constant spoken word ruins the record, I don't mind the woman so much but god the robot voice please get rid of it

neither microtonal banana nor murder of the universe have surpassed nonagon infinity but I believe they can still do it

I listened to that Richard Dawson - Peasant album but couldn't get into it at all, but at the same time, it seemed so distinct and confident in what it was doing that I'd probably throw that out as a general recommendation for anyone, more than the stuff I'm into. Except for this Laurel Halo one, everybody should listen to that too.

Agree. They matured.

genuinely think that yowie album is the best they've ever released

Wtf? This was mediocre at best.

how does drop season compare to his last 2 albums? ramona was my #2 album of 2014 and resin was decent too. is drop season more of a singles collection or like a full album?

I think a lot of people are going into MOTU with the wrong mindset. Its more like a rock opera than a regular album. Listening to it as a cohesive whole (particularly when reading along with the lyric book) makes the whole experience ten times better. I dunno thats just me tho

Wtf is King Crimson Heroes?

teamrock.com/news/2017-04-28/king-crimson-to-release-ep-featuring-david-bowies-heroes

Agree. Seeing them next week, much excite.

So it's not out yet?

Nice, loved this too

think mine's distant light though minzy's is a very close second

i feel bad because i haven't really loved anything from this year. my highest ratings are 3.5's. gave a 4.0 to the ATCQ and the Hotelier records from last year :V

>Heroes: Live In Europe 2016 is now available for pre-order and will be released on June 2.

Ok thanks

All good picks too

My first listen to this I was hoping for more bars and gritty NY sound, so that was a disappointment. Went back to it recently and found myself enjoying it though, it goes well with summer it seems.

Nothing even comes close

Fantano

Talking about Rap Albums excuslively it's Damn and this

nice

More of singles
He does being back similar skits to the intro of resin but the album is still great imo

>runs a HiFi streaming app/website
>still can't get his albums properly mastered

Gagging

only came to this thread because i knew this would be here. on first listen, it's actually really good.

One of these two.

Kevin Morby: City Music
Amazing album, really didn't expect it to be this good as I really loved his last album Singing Saw and at first I thought "Come to Me Now" was a weak lead single.

this man
ty wiley

This! Really, really nice record, was bopping my head in pure joy from the start and till the end.

Also really liked Zwischenwelt by DB1

Good choice.

Yeah it really makes up for the disappointing new Captain, We're Sinking album.

This

listening to it for the first time, good stuff

Great shit.

why do i know what this is

You either checked out his previous album that the melonhead mentioned at one point or you follow the guy who made it .

You know it's this one

Tight

From this chart, I would say my favorite is either Nana Grizol or Sorority Noise right now.

i liked big fish a lot, though lyrically it could use some polish. Personally, my aoty is pic related.

I think Big Fish is pretty overrated

Really good

Sup Forums drone list, White Ward was good though

Thought that these all sucked

Nice picks guys

blessed with your great opinions tyvm

did no one like Pharmakon's album

Very good

Pic related + + are my top 3

not sure if it's AOTY material, but definitely the difference between how much I expected I'd like it and how much I actually like it is the biggest gulf in several years. this really blew me away.

>teenage emotions higher up than damn

Ok damn wasn't THAT bad

Kid Koala
Hidden Orchestra
Izo Fitzroy
Afternoons In Stereo

listening to the album, every song with a feature is marginally worse and the first half is SOOOO much better than the second half

pitchfork was right about this album, i remember listening to it when it came out and leaked and knowing how shallow and preachy the politics is

Do you have a link?

nice

oh my god

han tyumi's voice just really gets under my skin

So far this, surprisingly enough. It just seems so honest and straight forward compared to all the other shit currently out.
Eh, maybe the next one. Looking forward for when they're done going through Gimmicks.
Trash desu, tho I get why american teenagers would think it's good
Man, it's decent grime, but defo not AOTY material. Too steeped in the genre with no innovations imo

I cant get into Vince Staples because of his boring-ass hooks. They just repeat a few words x100 and there seems to be 4-6 hooks per song. This is Rihanna level repetitiveness.

If he found someone who could write him meaninful, interesting, catchy choruses, he'd easily breakthrough and be a star. Vince's techno/house/electronic music beats paired with rap are very interesting and remind me of Azalia Banks or Die Antwoord, except he does it better than all of them.

Again, Vince Staples choruses suck and are holding him back