Can someone explain this character?

Can someone explain this character?

was the first episode with towelie the omega game sphere or was there one before that?

that was the first one

it was the game sphere one

I am so high right now

Hes a talking towel on an anime show. What is there to explain?

he was supposed to be a throwaway character in an episode
mentions, where no matter what ridiculous, life altering monumental plot happens, with the government and aliens, the boys don't give a shit and just want to play their video game
i would guess trey parker and matt stone thought he was a funny enough character to make a few more episodes with him. also, as noted by the "who's cartman's father" arc, they like to fuck with people by having retarded plot lines derail episodes

OP was looking for DUDE WEED LMAO

oh, ok, but don't forget to bring a towel :D

Don't forget to bring a towel

"Towlie, you're the worst character ever", best line.

It's a joke about how Comedy Central was selling all kinds of stuffed animal versions of all the characters so Matt and Trey figured they could make the dumbest thing and CC would try to sell it.

SP creators want to come up with the worst character idea and wanted to make fun of the fact that they were marketing their show for products (with the whole Towlie T Shirt skit).

I watched the commentary for this episode and matt stone and try parker went camping with all their writers for team building purposes. "dont forget to bring a towel" was an in joke they had, so they made a character about it

agreed, this was a good kek. kind of justified the whole episode

Trey & Matt liked PFFR, and looked for a way to incorporate Vernon Chatman into the episodes

It's a reference to when you're in college in the dorms and you have to roll up a towel and put it by the door when you smoke weed

HEY

WHADDAYA DREAMIN ABOUT

but a towel is actually practical

That's a hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy joke

>who's cartman's father" arc
That was all buildup for a massive April Fools' Day prank, because if you remember the date that it was going to be revealed ended up being April 1st.

I also liked when they were playing the game sphere at the end and
>kyle: oh cool looks like its going to be an underwater level
>towlie: don't forget to bring a towel... heehheh
and everyone laughs

>ywn see this episode for the first time again

was this the best show to ever air on cable television?
>HEY. WERE ASKING PEOPLE WHAT ANNOYS THEM. WHAT DO YOU FIND ANNOYING??

>WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING FROM???

Jesus this show is nightmare fuel

and they did. I laughed at the fake commercial in the middle of the show for a towelie towel, but they actually sold them and I knew someone who had one