twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>unobtanium
>eventually obtain it

It's a real product.

wtf i hate white men now

>Transformium

history.nasa.gov/SP-4305/ch12.htm

>dubbed

>Cameron being so aware of his plot trope that he doesn't even bother.

The man has balls. Gotta' respect him.

>dubs

>einsteinium

So close.

>six years later

"Yeaaaaaaaaah, I ain't fucking with Star Wars"

>uncuckable

What would've been a better name for it?

Magnavirium
Planufragorium
Multafidium
Personatium
Iustium
Neoimperioritum
Comprehendunturium
Nonestmihium
Quisquiladium
Purgamentium
Nonamicium
Vermpanium
Quidsibivulthocium
Raneum
Bisium
Falsuxoremium
Infuscium
Annoum

I watched Avatar for the first time yesterday. I liked it very much. I refused to watch it back in 2009 because people wouldn't stop talking about it.

i always assumed this was a slang name used by a corporate guy who had no idea what the real name was

>>six years later
>"Yeaaaaaaaaah, I ain't fucking with Star Wars"

>Six Years Later
>Despite 6 previous movies and a major pop culture presence, Force Awakens fails to outgross a new movie concept that came out 6 years before even without adjusting for inflation

LMAO

what did you like about it?

one of the most derivative, generic films I've ever seen in my life.

This movie always reminds me of one of my ex's in a very bad way

God i can't believe almost 8 years have passed

If you had wanted to compete with them maybe you should have brought the timeline for your films down to a reasonable 3 to 4 year time development schedule.

Avatar 2 isn't slated until next year and nobody remembers or cares about it anymore by this point. There have been whole successful trilogies released in that timespan and already getting ready for reboots.

People's minds these days are like sieves. They barely remember anything. This might as well be a reboot. This is a huge gamble since it's practically like relaunching it and audience are fickle as fuck with Hollywood now. Just look at this summer. Nobody cares and ticket sales are down to record lows. Bomb after bomb.

>I don't watch movies simply because they are popular so that I can tell people how much of a special snowflake I am

>Avatar 2 isn't slated until next year

Try 2018, and he'll probably do a re-release a few months before it comes out.

>butthurt

the beats pill in this scene was one of the most blatant product placements I've ever seen

It's the most pleb film cameron has ever made, and that's saying something

I take it you think this is product placement too?

I think I enjoyed it in almost its entirety.

It started with the scene where Jake Sully links with his avatar for the first time and is able to move his legs freely. It felt like when I watched Aladin as a kid.

I liked how the marine starts his adventure in pandora as a "zero fucks"/"i have seen it all" edgy guy then progresses to behave like a child going to the beach for the first time and eventually becomes eager to learn and experience more to the point he develops feelings for the land. In general, I like how he grows.

I like the romance stuff too because it wasn't like what I'm used to. There's barely any sex, french kissing sprees and bullshit lovey dovey aside from closeups showing Neytiri's gorgeous smiling/happy/proud face as her pupil develops into a member of The People.

The action isn't that great, but IMHO the adventure component makes it better than the last super hero movies I watched.

Things that disappointed me:
- After seeing Neytiri's sideboob in the early minutes, I expected to see more. Also her "boob cover" seems static and doesn't move when she's running/falling/fighting (was it just a texture?).
- I expected some hardcore cartoon-Tarzan-like tree/branch sliding/skying.

I didn't watch it because the fact that everybody is talking about it would raise my expectations too much and certainly ruin the film for me.

Oh then I should really check out more of his films!