The only economically relevant kind of poppies is papaver somniferum, the opium poppy

The only economically relevant kind of poppies is papaver somniferum, the opium poppy.
That means that every untreated poppy seed of the baking isle in the supermarket can be used for opium poppy cultivation.
I tried it, it works. Pick a sunny spot and throw a handful of seeds.

Ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaveraceae#Cultivation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppy_seed
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

timestamped pic of them growing or gtfo

and most importantly: spread the word

also perfect for guerilla gardening

took the picture today, unfortunately no time stamp, sorry. It's almost 10 pm, I won't go outside again today

Well shit...it checks out:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaveraceae#Cultivation

What do you think of CRISPR-edited pirate-pharma yeasts turning up in the next few years and being used to cheaply produce drugs of all kinds with little more than a garage and some food for your drug blobs?

maybe another golden age of drugs

would be nice now that the authorities have begun cracking down on darknet markets

It's only a matter of time until someone creates a decentralized autonomous corporation to take the place of the centralized markets. It'll be hilarious watching the feds react to that one.

Put that together with yeast blob friends and it will be a golden age indeed.

Plus we get the bonus of all the other people who will be making heavy use of pirate-pharma for more legal but overpriced drugs. So add in a heavy dose of humanitarian issues to complicate things.

Aren't all the poppy seeds in the baking isle baked though? Is that what you mean with untreated?

You can also order Dutch flag and hen and chicks cultivars from any good garden seed supplier. They even sell on Amazon. They are stunning looking flowers and totally legal to grow. Both these cultivars are very high opium producers.

The minute you scarify the pods you have broken the law. If you choose to grow them make sure you dispose of the poppy straw by burning it discreetly. Also allow some pods to flower to remain clandestine. Nothing will attract more attention than poppies not allowed to bloom with a bunch of cut oozing wounds.

There is nothing better than having nice cut flowers for the dinner table and a bowl of homegrown opium after a nice meal.

Some are irradiated in the super market. Especially imported seeds. Just buy seeds meant for flower growing and plant them. If they like where they are at they will self seed year after year as long as a few pods grow to maturity.

Ban test

OP here. Most are untreated. Just make sure you don't buy ground up poppy seeds, but intact ones. I tried it with some from the supermarket and it works better than I expected

How long after spreading the seeds does it take for usable product to be had? What months/seasons are best? Can I just plant whenever?

Poppy seeds in the baking isle are not Papaver somniferum, they are Papaver rhoeas.

Congrats on growing useless but pretty flowers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppy_seed

they take only a few weeks to fully grow and bloom. Ideally spread the seeds from middle of may until like middle of july or something. The ones I cultivated already have pods after a few weeks

not true. the ones I cultivated (see photo above) are not rhoeas, but somniferum. also check the link somebody posted to inform yourself

In the deep south they are best sown in late fall. They will be done before June is done. They like friable, sharp draining and not very nutrient rich soil.

true, depends on the region. I was speaking for middle europe

Can someone link me a place to buy the right flowers? I want to send them to my grandmother

Hen and chicks flower

Hen and chicks pods

Dutch flag opium poppy

But can you bang that shit?

All 3 are reliable, high opiate producers. A pack of seeds run about 3.50 online

How are you on acid/base extraction? Probably not. Just chase the dragon

this