ITT : Best comedians

ITT : Best comedians.

Before we start, though, let's make it clear : George Carlin is #1.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DiFgz9ndWKw
youtu.be/S9ZSzuj1UpA
youtube.com/watch?v=5uyCJKEMOx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck yeah Carlin#1 for sure. I feel like Patton Oswalt #2

Are we talking stand up or writer? If writer, then Mel Brooks

Stand up

Bill Burr has to be the greatest living dude.

As for dead dudes Mitch Hedburg was funny as fuck in a very unique way.

>Patton Oswalt #2
You must be joking

Dane Cook
Carlin
Richard Prior
Jeff Dunham
Bill Hicks

Side question.

Would there be a women in the top 50 or 100?

Carlin for sure then early 80s kinison and hicks at any point in his career

Brian Reagan
Jim Gaffigan
Eddie Murphy
Dave Chappelle

This guy gets it.

Bill burr has popped up on my radar lately and it's been pretty good.

Was pleasantly surprised at Tosh's standup skill

Amy Schumer
she's fucking hilarious

737367929 Dane cook is a joke stealing fag

No, women are universally trash at standup

Lewis Black, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock and Lou Pinette all deserve mentions here, but yeah, George will always be #1.

>Dane Cook
> Jeff Dunham

Really dude?

I stayed up till 4 last night watching Doug Stanhope. I never considered him much before but hes actually pretty funny.

Chappelle
Louie CK
Mike Epps
Eddie Murphy
Gene Wilder

I never found George Carlin funny but he was insightful his take on life is very accurate if not morbid

Fuck, I forgot Ron White

Norm MacDonald

carlin used to be funny in the 70's but then he turned into a typical liberal douche. He should of kept doing drugs perhaps it was just old age and senility that made his act suck. Lucky for him he was able to ride his previous success to the grave.

Fucker was razor sharp at 80 years old

Inb4 all the libertariantards start in with muh Bill Hicks. Guy was a hack who spoke some truth to power (cool) in an ineffective and unfunny way (bad). Clear enough for you libertariantards?

He was edgy and said things only people thought when he started but then fell behind the edge and just complained about kids on his lawn.

Stewart Lee

OP here.
I always liked Dane Cook and Sarah Silverman....I think Amy Schumer is just trying too hard to be a raunchier SS. Plus, both Dane and Sarah are both very anti-semitic in their views.

Rodney Dangerfield.

Other great comedians

> George Carlin
> Mitch Hedberg
> Louis C.K.
> Gilbert Gottfried
> Norm MacDonald

Anthony Jeselnik
Joe Rogan

Hack?

He didn't fall behind, he and Lenny Bruce just opened the door for everyone else. It's like when people say

>This Metallica song sounds like all the other songs on the radio

Yeah, that's because they're all ripping off Metallica

this
no

Was he doing jokes out of a joke book level hack? No, but he was stick hacky.

Dave Chappelle

I think Patrice O'Neal had the potential to be one of the greats. Too bad he drank too much grape soda and died too soon. RIP.

I had mad respect for Rodney, m8, until he became an abusive drunk and molested his daughter.

Donald Trump.

No brit comics?

Never heard about the molested daughter. Any more details?

Please bow

>this guy

Her name was Mallory wasnt it?

Not sure. I do know that her boyfriend went in the house and with a gun, took his daughter away.

Much like British boxers, soccer players or anything else, Brits are nowhere near the top when it comes to all time great discussions.

>A filthy jew that pushes filthy liberal garbage

No.

This. He's damned funny, and his cartoon show "F Is For Family" is fucking hilarious.

Eddie Izzard is solid

Yes.

There are plenty of funny British people, but none approach all-time-great status.

This clown isn't in the top 100.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bill Maher and his show, but he is a shit tier comedian who is only funny because he has great writers. His standup is mediocre at best.

youtube.com/watch?v=DiFgz9ndWKw

He was more original than funny, but I still enjoy watching his shit while stoned. I also like pie.

Chapelle
Louis c.k.
Kat williams
Ralphie may
Joey diaz

He is Irish. Try again.

I'd put Billy Connolly in there as a Scotsman

What about Woody Allen?

aw shiiit son, that s dat nigga Will? Naw fuckin way! Iz gonna watch dat shit, fam!

Tommy Tiernan
Tommy Tiernan
Tommy Tiernan
Tommy Tiernan
Tommy Tiernan
Tommy Tiernan

>Got Angst?

Yes. While I enjoy him mocking religion, I watched his HBO special and it was really lackluster. Artie Lange, who I think is hilarious as a conversationalist, also has some stand-up specials and they were actually pretty weak.

Speaking as an actual Irish guy, no, he's not. He's American.

>Sup Forums is what he was warning us about

Bhahahahaaa idiot fell for it! The old salty coal mine trick!! Faggot.

Half Jew Half Irish, raised Catholic. But as usual, the shitty side takes precedence so he's a jew.

where are the best comedians from and why is it Australia and Ireland

Norm Fucking MacDonald. Do people still know him? He has such a unique sense of humor, his delivery on Jokes is so good. Other than that, Bill Burr and Louis CK, fckn funniest guys in the businnes.

Jim Jeffries. Autistic Australians are inherently funny.

Norm's a comedian's comedian. Glad he was discovered because he's definitely one of the best.

That quote makes no sense.
He must be in the half below average.

voice actor doesn't count

Another hack who would steal his prime jokes from other comedians. He's the original Carlos Mencia/ Amy Schumer. Comedians would stop doing their sets if they found out he was in the audience.

You sir need to look up his stand up...the stuff that got him known from the 70s. Guy was a beast.

>"voice actor"

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/88

>YFW the average IQ on Sup Forums is probably a good 15 points higher than the average IQ nation wide

Shut it, Mark.

I take Monty Python's Flying Circus, for the win please

Not a hack but he definitely wasn't a comedian.

I guess that's why he killed himself

Anything before the 90's was kinda before my time, so it's hard to appreciate how groundbreaking those guys were. So legends:

Chappelle
Louis CK
Bill Burr

Others:
Hedburg was good, but even if he hadn't died I'm not sure how much more success he would have had. Hannibal Burress is decent. Jeselnik is decent. Daniel Tosh's "Completely Serious" is really good. Michael Che's special was better than I expected.

Norm MacDonald is an incredibly funny person, but I'm not sure standup is where he really shines. Like he'd be funnier giving a toast at my wedding or something.

I never thought his stand up was that great. His O&A stuff is really his legacy. He should have had a radio show but he wasn't willing to work within the system.

Caveat: Bill Burr's most recent standup was kinda weak imo.

Carlin, meh…Steve Martin when he used to be funny.

Marc maron is a top tier comic

>Steve Martin when he used to be funny
so never then...

youtu.be/S9ZSzuj1UpA

>no Woody Allen
I'm shocked.

I don't think anyone has ever shown me a Steve Martin bit that has made me laugh. Carlin and others in this thread, always linked to. Martin, never.

youtube.com/watch?v=5uyCJKEMOx8

Brilliant writer. Stand up not do great.

Brilliant writer. Stand up not so great.

That was fucking funny. Does he have anything on Netflix?

>Sarah Silverman
>anti semitic

This thread is shit

Samefagging? Or is this the Sup Forums equivalent to when you don't see your comment on YT?

Steven Wright.