So did anyone actually enjoy this?

So did anyone actually enjoy this?

Seems like after criticizing so many bad movies they felt afraid to actually go for it themselves so hid behind irony.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_iQbGIcgMS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hid behind irony

Too many people do this

yeah but I like Hitb sketches too

>noooo we can't make more plinkett videos it's hard
>we can make a whole movie though

>so hid behind irony.

What irony? It's obviously a no-budget comedy and they've always marketed it as such. They weren't trying to make a "so bad it's good" movie and I have no idea why people think that's what they did. Whether or not you think it's actually funny is beside the point. This isn't like an Asylum flick.

>They weren't trying to make a "so bad it's good"

Explain mike and rich's acting then. They've acted better before. Explain the terrible effects. I would come up with more examples but I only saw the first 10 minutes because the quality was so poor I felt second hand embarrassment for them all.

>>noooo we can't make more plinkett videos it's hard
They've literally never made this excuse.

>Explain mike and rich's acting then
Their comedic performances in a comedy film?

>Explain the terrible effects
No budget

>I would come up with more examples but I only saw the first 10 minutes
Oh so you don't even know what you're talking about? You should have opened with this so I'd know to not bother reading the rest of your post.

>They weren't trying to make a "so bad it's good" movie

I didn't say they were. I said they were hiding behind sarcasm. "We are making fun of the genre" as a way to avoid their own product being criticized.

The movie was filmed over the course of a long time, and the quality of the movie suffered from constant rewrites and reshoots.

I think they can make a good movie, but I could only sit through 20-30 minutes. From what I've seen, they could have paced and ordered the scenes way better, just by making basic changes.

Dunno, I know they know how to make a better movie, at the very least it was a learning experience.

>as a way to avoid their own product being criticized.
Jay himself said that the only way to avoid criticism is not make anything. You may be reading into this too much, user. They made a comedy in their usual comedy style because that's what they enjoy and they have no money.

I would have enjoyed the movie more if Mike had played it straight. He has the face and personality of an actual Milwaukee detective. He could easily have been one of the cops in The Fugitive. His comedic acting was too hammy for a feature length I think. Same with Rich, contrast Rich's comedic performance with Patton Oswalt's cameo. I don't even care for Oswalt but you could instantly recognize the quality differential with his acting. A professional performance vs the kind of performance you get from people making movies in their garage. And a big reason for that is their fear of putting themselves on the line, instead of actually playing the character and relying on the jokes and writing, they play the character as if they are spoofing the character.

>And a big reason for that is their fear of putting themselves on the line
How do you know this? Or are you just projecting?

youtube.com/watch?v=_iQbGIcgMS8

>their fear of putting themselves on the line
Or maybe, you know, they just miscalculated how funny they thought Mike's stilly voice would be. Don't understand your point about Rich. His whole character is that he just growls and talks like Clint Eastwood. He was fine.

Coming up with a theory that makes sense to explain what I witnessed. Be honest, would you rather see Mike doing a silly voice, or would you rather see him playing a ragged edge police detective drinking whiskey in a mobile home looking at a picture of his dead son?

They're trying to be Troma. Thing is, Lloyd Kaufman legitimately enjoys his own movies. Mike KNOWS Spacecop is bad.

>Be honest, would you rather see Mike doing a silly voice, or would you rather see him playing a ragged edge police detective drinking whiskey in a mobile home looking at a picture of his dead son
I'd have to see the other version to really say. I thought he had some funny moments but the voice did grow tiresome. But your "theory" doesn't make any more sense than any other random theory you could pull out of your ass. It's a weird assumption to jump to.
>Christopher Nolan makes big pretentious dramas because he's too scared to make a comedy

these guys are terrific

Its shit.
I bought it because I generally enjoy RLM, but all the jokes in the movie are things you hear on the show normally so its played out.

Other then that the humor is really poorly done. They should have just made a movie about Mike and Jay doing a buncha shit.

>all the jokes in the movie are things you hear on the show
I didn't think the movie was great or anything, but name one example of this. Aside from the slow running gag, I didn't see any reused jokes from Half in the Bag.

They did the same thing they always complain about Sandler doing, not writing jokes and instead relying on silly voices, costumes and "wacky" situations. With well written jokes, Mike doesn't need to do a silly voice to milk laughs, he can play the character straight and the humor happens around him. I think they would be pretty merciless with Sandler if he had a scene in of someone falling over trash cans with a bucket on his head. Pretty much the definition of a bad comedy, which is why they hid behind a sarcastic tone. If something is bad, you can always act like it is there because you are making fun of it existing in other movies.

To give you examples of jokes would require the movie actually have them. By "jokes" he probably meant Rich/Jay/Mike saying "ohhh my gaawd" which RLM thinks is hilarious for some reason.

>Relying on Rich Evans to carry an entire movie

How could this ever end badly?

then why hasnt he done any more?

checkmate athiest.

Scared to pull a Lucas and fall flat on his face with bad sequels. Plinkett reviews got them famous, bad ones would tarnish their whole image. Mike is a wise man, clearly learned from his study of Phantom Menace.

Why is every autist on here's response to why RLM doesn't do something because they're "scared?" Jesus Christ, you couldn't make your projecting more obvious, faggots.

They are a bunch of suburban white boys, which pretty much guarantees they are scared/beta.

They did one like 2 months ago senpai.

Well that was a fucking embarrassment.